[U] Custom boot animation with KitKat logo

Search This thread

Bas.N

Jan 27, 2014
Hey XDA,

This is my first ever post here and I'm going to share a boot animation I made for the Xperia U. I think this will work on the Xperia Sola too, as it has the same resolution (480x854). Im not able to add images because I don't have 10 posts yet, but I included a preview in the archive (in the attachment).

How to install
1. Extract the file (you will get bootanimation.zip and preview.gif)
2. Copy bootanimation.zip to your phone.
3. Move it into /system/media (you might want to rename the original bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak or something like that)
4. Change permissions to rw-r--r-- (you can do this with root browser)
5. Reboot your phone to see it!

I hope you like it! :good:

View attachment KitKat-Bootanimation-by-BasN.rar

Last edited:
Reactions: MT27i and dtaluthge

dtaluthge

Jul 15, 2012
Piliyandala
Google Pixel 6 Pro
@Pandemic i know you are a senior member and have done lot of hard work for our devices.... but don't accuse people with wrong facts... he's a new member and we should appreciate what he has done even if its a small contribution.....

Good Job buddy..... Keep it up.... @Bas.N

@Pandemic i know you are a senior member and have done lot of hard work for our devices.... but don't accuse people with wrong facts... he's a new member and we should appreciate what he has done even if its a small contribution.....

Good Job buddy..... Keep it up.... @Bas.N

@dtaluthge
yeah its all alright and cool mate :D
I understand ;)

megablakbar

Oct 17, 2012
Amman
Can you plz make a version for Xperia p..... Or maybe tell me how to do it??

Sent from my Xperia P using xda app-developers app

Bas.N

Jan 27, 2014
Can you plz make a version for Xperia p..... Or maybe tell me how to do it??

Sent from my Xperia P using xda app-developers app

I'd like to make one for Xperia P but I'm not 100% sure if it would work if I just change the resolution, and I don't have that phone to test it on. However here is the guide I used: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1993710

I used GIMP for editing the logo and After Effects CC for animation it and exporting it as frames.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey XDA,

This is my first ever post here and I'm going to share a boot animation I made for the Xperia U. I think this will work on the Xperia Sola too, as it has the same resolution (480x854). Im not able to add images because I don't have 10 posts yet, but I included a preview in the archive (in the attachment).

How to install
    1. Extract the file (you will get bootanimation.zip and preview.gif)
    2. Copy bootanimation.zip to your phone.
    3. Move it into /system/media (you might want to rename the original bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak or something like that)
    4. Change permissions to rw-r--r-- (you can do this with root browser)
    5. Reboot your phone to see it!

I hope you like it! :good:

View attachment KitKat-Bootanimation-by-BasN.rar