Search This thread

lethang90b

Oct 19, 2011
my phone is really hot when i playing game 5 minutes. i did wipe cache/delvik. not wipe data/factory rest

Grandelama

Apr 4, 2008
I noticed that when I try to change governor from intellidemand back to ondemand the phone freezes (7&8 may build). It is not related to overclock.
Intellidemand is working allright.

sjgore

Aug 18, 2010
West Yorkshire, UK
Did a full wipe last night and installed 7th May build (8th May build was released about an hour later, typical! :)) and everything is running perfectly so far, except for the known SuperUser issue. I use CameraICS+, so aren't experiencing the camera issues.

With hardware acceleration video decoding now working, amongst other improvements, this ROM is just awesome.

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
I haven't been able to update from the 6/5 build to the ones of the next two days, the device hangs a little after presenting the lock screen and the sim unlock keyboard... I guess a full wipe is needed.

Superpiper1972

Apr 2, 2012
Mc3 no longer working regardless of Driver (latest tamcore build)

Kernal issue?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

c0b41n

Aug 23, 2007
My light sensor is still not working :(. Sensor detects -1 as current light situation. Tried formats, full wipes and reinstalls. What can I do? Is this issue known or is my device broken?

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation mit Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336554277178.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336554277178.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 288

scm_crash

Feb 19, 2011
Los Angeles
I doubt Sense's wmv support is any more "native" than installing, say, MXPlayer on OpenSensation

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation mit Tapatalk 2

I believe that it actually is. Seems any player on my phone can open a WMV file regardless of if it supports it. I believe there's an ASF/WMV7-8-9 codec installed on the phone with Sense. I'm not fond of most of the players out there. I use mVideoPlayer Pro. It's the only player I like so far. On non-sense ROMs I find that it will not play any WMV/ASF files at all. However, on Sense it does and it does it without any lag whatsoever. I ran MoboPlayer and a few others and found that there was lag and/or noticeable skipped frames on non-Sense ROMs when playing WMV files.

Considering that any app [without a software decoder] will play a WMV on a Sense ROM, I'm going to have to say that WMV is native on Sense.

Exactly, MXPlayer or moboplayer play most video formats for me every time.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I don't like either of those players. Just my opinion, that's all.

One thing to remember is this that some sense features will NOT be in cm9 and I doubt they ever will be. But if it is a video format then it most likely will in due time.
The force close on setup wizard is caused due to you not having any signal so as the phone boots from a full wipe fo wait and you won't have this issue

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Right. I don't like Sense at all. In fact, if it wasn't for the WMV ability, I would say there'd NEVER be a reason to have it.

BTW, I noticed that on the OP it mentions BT issues. But honestly, my bluetooth not only worked, but it worked better and faster than on the Sense ROM. When I got in my car and paired my phone to my infotainment system, it not only connected to the media profile instantly, but everything worked better and faster without any hassle. That's far more than I can say for Sense; which takes a good 60 seconds to 2 minutes to connect to the media profile let alone handle most of the commands and controls my infotainment system sends it.

On OpenSensation I had an over-all better experience than with Virtuous Inquisition, but at the end of the day the lack of WMV ability through my favorite player is just heart breaking. LOL

My battery life was decent and I took some screen shots of the performance of the phone which was VERY impressive for just a minor over clock. I have both Inquisition and the May 7th build in nand backups and both ROMs are setup to exactly my liking as far as apps and whatnot. I'm going to be switching between them, I'm sure. I may run OpenSensation as my main phone ROM and dual boot Inquisition using Boot Manager.

Decisions, decisions... Why do you have to make such a great ROM?

ximmox

Mar 14, 2010
My light sensor is still not working :(. Sensor detects -1 as current light situation. Tried formats, full wipes and reinstalls. What can I do? Is this issue known or is my device broken?

Sorry to ask, but do you have automatic brightness already enabled while trying to set those levels?
When using a specific, fixed brightness, the sensor always returns -1 for me.
But it works flawlessly when using automatic brightness.

Alipk52

May 14, 2011
Karachi
OnePlus 5
Realme XT
I believe that it actually is. Seems any player on my phone can open a WMV file regardless of if it supports it. I believe there's an ASF/WMV7-8-9 codec installed on the phone with Sense. I'm not fond of most of the players out there. I use mVideoPlayer Pro. It's the only player I like so far. On non-sense ROMs I find that it will not play any WMV/ASF files at all. However, on Sense it does and it does it without any lag whatsoever. I ran MoboPlayer and a few others and found that there was lag and/or noticeable skipped frames on non-Sense ROMs when playing WMV files.

If You're Talking About Video Players,i must say atleast for me i found DICE PLAYER as the best out of all, i watch atleast one movie/day everyday with it..now it's latest version also supports volume boost just like mx player do...but problem with MX player/mobo player is when ever i play 480p mp4 video files...i see some weird green lines and audio lost while playing from the mid part of any any movie or mkv/avi/mp4 files..so that's why i must say DICE PLAYER is turned out to be the best...didn't tried mVideoPlayerPro though..

crazygizzmo

Feb 18, 2009
To the guys searching for themes...

There are two themes on the market which are working fine. Just search for CM9 theme....

Regards

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

Reactions: dwcasey

spuri78

Oct 2, 2007
Bris Vegas
Reactions: iNeedICS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

This thread is about OpenSensation and not about my kernel!!

Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    Known Bugs / Fixes
    • MHL doesn't works as expected
    • Bluetooth may not work perfectly on every device
    • Not compatible with SuperWipe.zip
      • Use 4EXT's full-wipe function
    • Your bug is not listed here?
    Difference between OpenSensation and CyanogenMod
    • we have 1080p, they don’t
    • we have OTA Updates, they don’t
    • we have PDroid patches included, they don’t
    • we have removed RomManger and Terminal Emulator (bloatware, still available in Play Store)
    USB-OTG
    The USB-OTG stuff is a little bit tricky. It looks like some Sensations have a self powered USB Host port which allows them to use an USB-Stick without external power. But most Sensation don’t have it.
    You need
    • USB-OTG y-cable (like this)
      • (or a normal USB-OTG cable if your attached device has it’s own power supply)
    • in case you’re using an USB-OTG y-cable you need an external power supply
      • I recommend you a mobile battery with a female USB-Port
    This ROM will mount the first partition of your attached device (fat32 & ntfs only!) to /mnt/usbdisk. If you wan’t to use more partitions/devices I recommend you to use Chainfire’s StickMount App
    Requirements
    • HTC Sensation (XE and 4G sould work, too)
    • custom Recovery (I recommend 4EXT)
    • 3.32 or 3.33 Firmware (ROM is tested with 3.32 firmware, so use 3.33 at your own risk!)
    • S-OFF (ROM should work without S-OFF, but you might need 4EXT’s SmartFlash to properly flash the boot.img)
    • SDCard
    Download
    FAQ
    • Can we have XYZ from Sense?
      • NO!
    • “Is there a way to have FM Radio?”
      • No, there is no way to build it from source. Try Spirit FM.
    Thanks & Credits
    • Vorbeth, intervigilium, elelinux and cretin45 (for bringing CM9 to the Sensation)
    • intervigilium, faux123 and showp1984 (for the kernel)
    • blahbl4hblah (for his tutorial to compile OpenSensation which brought me to where I am now)
    • aquariumsoft (for UpdateMe)
    • SebastianFM (for his USB-OTG patch)
    • pastime1971 (for the updated PDroid patches)
    • Slap me if I forgot to mention you :)
    Sources
    Removed as TamCore now has OP
    Small update for you all.
    I'm going to be stopping working on OS. Waiting 190 minutes for each compile just to test a small fix is getting too much.

I thank all those that previously donated, I was able to get a used q6600 PC, however that didn't last and the CPU fried. (Probably why I got it cheap was that is was on it's way out)

I've asked TamCore if he will take over on OpenSensation.

I have enjoyed the time I spent in doing this, however with work I don't have time to work on this during a week now, as the last few updates have shown working on it during the week, staying up while it compiles results in a few bug's.

The repo's as they are now do suffer from audio routing and I will try to re-port the routing fix over the next few day's, but that will be my last contribution.
    What's the current status of LPA?

In a few hours after I compile, it will be enabled & audio routing band-aided

leaving just bluetooth, mhl, full HW acceleration & a few wakelock issues to be fixed.

Hell, I started out on this laptop, so may as well finish on it.
    i'll stick around continuing to work on this for a while yet.

Guess I just got that pissed off waiting one night I thought "f**k it"
    I will continue until such a point that cm and my repos have exactly the same functions.