What do you guys miss from the LG stock Rom

Search This thread

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
LG video player,
because other hw accelerated video players can play HD good on external screen, or projector, but subtitles are still shown on phones screen. Maybe this issue was solved since i realized it.
LG widgets
the last good thing on stock firmware. i like LG stock callendar.

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
The majority of things working (like the camera). I say majority because GPS is a bit buggered at the moment, and loses signal WAYYY to easily :-(

What I won't miss if I go to the dark side.. having plenty of spare RAM, but things like Dungeon defenders running like a dog randomly.

What I will enjoy.. ability to overclock when I need to :)

eraldo

Feb 15, 2010
London
I stayed on a custom stock rom to keep the lghome, its the only app drawer that allows you to organize your games and apps into category's i cant imagine how anyone manages without that ability everytime i try and use a different home screen i end up uninstalling it because they are **** in comparison the only thing bad about it is its somewhat choppy and the screen on takes a while.

markop90

Feb 16, 2011
I stayed on a custom stock rom to keep the lghome, its the only app drawer that allows you to organize your games and apps into category's i cant imagine how anyone manages without that ability everytime i try and use a different home screen i end up uninstalling it because they are **** in comparison the only thing bad about it is its somewhat choppy and the screen on takes a while.

ADW Launcher ex can organize your apps :)

Dusee

Feb 20, 2011
Budapest
just the animated LG weather widget.
i know that the widget is available, but actually the animation is what i miss.
i loved it :(

edit: if someone knows a widget with the same or similar fullscreen animation, please give me the information :D

Last edited:

hellrider77

Nov 17, 2011
In order of importance:
Gestures
Dialer
Alarm Clock
Phone Book

I love the feel and speed of CM roms, but my phone is my main alarm clock and i couldn't live without "flip to snooze" andothe perks that come with gestures.
Also the smart dialer and the Facebook contacts integration in the stock Phonebook is very convenient for me. I could'nt yet replicate it in any other 3rd party software.

silentmelodies

Dec 11, 2010
Jakarta
Stock Video Player, Stock Camera (this one has been ported), and LG's calendar widget :)

In order of importance:
Gestures
Dialer
Alarm Clock
Phone Book

I love the feel and speed of CM roms, but my phone is my main alarm clock and i couldn't live without "flip to snooze" andothe perks that come with gestures.
Also the smart dialer and the Facebook contacts integration in the stock Phonebook is very convenient for me. I could'nt yet replicate it in any other 3rd party software.
Most of those features are available in MIUI, I suggest you to try it if you haven't. As far as basic phone's features are concerned, MIUI has them covered very well.
Sadly it's not as smooth as CM is.

Dusee

Feb 20, 2011
Budapest
In order of importance:
Gestures
Dialer
Alarm Clock
Phone Book

as far as i remember, the flip to snooze feature is in the cm7 too.
in the cm settings.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts