Survey - How do you like your HTC Butterfly?

Search This thread

jf1972

May 29, 2009
Just got the Butterfly last week. I am coming from Samsung galaxy series. So far, the Butterfly has been a great phone and I find myself using the Butterfly more now then my Note 2. The Butterfly screen is amazing!!! I had the Sony Xperia Z but sold it after 5 days. The screen on the Z is not as good as the Butterfly and the battery life on the Z sucks big time. I am glad I got the butterfly and I think I will be switching back to HTC from now on.

Fortigurn

Jul 1, 2010
Taipei
adonit.net
I picked up mine three days ago. It has 16GB of internal storage and a microSD slot. I transferred to this from a Dell Streak 5 which is over two years old. The difference is night and day. The Butterfly is incredibly thin and light, and even when I put a protective case on, it didn't actually get any bigger (so it seemed).

Since my Streak was in an Otterbox case with a double layer, making it significantly more bulky than the phone's actual dimensions, the difference between the dimensions of the two phones is even more apparent. Here's a comparison of dimensions and weight; the height, width, and weight are significantly different.

Dell Streak

* H: 152.9 mm
* W: 79.1 mm
* D: 9.98 mm
* Weight: 220g

HTC Butterfly

* H: 143 mm
* W: 71 mm
* D: 9.1 mm
* Weight: 140g

Everything is blindingly fast, and GPS location is hardly takes a second. I am not used to Google Maps responding nearly instantly. I have to say the screen on this phone is incredible. Not only is the full HD 1920x1080 resolution stunning, the colour saturation and brightness are amazing. Ok, LCD3 isn't AMOLED, but I'm perfectly satisfied.

Coming from the Dell, and having two spare batteries (one of them a monster 4800mAh Mugen), I was concerned about the battery life of a phone with a non-removable internal battery. I should not have been concerned. I installed the Go Power Master app, tweaked a few settings, and created a power-sipping profile which is challenging the battery life of my Dell. This is what the power status looked like last night.

%E5%B0%8F%E9%BB%91_7.png

I left it overnight without charging it, and right now it's at 26% after 32 hours. Impressive. I'm going to tweak the power settings a little further, charge it up again, and see just how much I can squeeze out of it.

I can't say enough about the screen and image quality. It's odd to say, but whereas images on my Dell looked like they were well beneath the screen, images on the Butterfly are so vivid and sharp they look like they are sitting on top of the screen. Here are some screenshots (taken using the phone's screen capture function), of my photos displayed on the phone itself. Needless to say, these photos were taken with my Nikon DSLRs, not with the phone camera.

%E5%B0%8F%E9%BB%91_1.jpg

%E5%B0%8F%E9%BB%91_2.jpg

%E5%B0%8F%E9%BB%91_5.jpg

%E5%B0%8F%E9%BB%91_4.jpg

%E5%B0%8F%E9%BB%91_6.jpg

%E5%B0%8F%E9%BB%91_3.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess the answer today is...

I dont like it as much as the ONE!!!
    Just got the Butterfly last week. I am coming from Samsung galaxy series. So far, the Butterfly has been a great phone and I find myself using the Butterfly more now then my Note 2. The Butterfly screen is amazing!!! I had the Sony Xperia Z but sold it after 5 days. The screen on the Z is not as good as the Butterfly and the battery life on the Z sucks big time. I am glad I got the butterfly and I think I will be switching back to HTC from now on.
    It's a good phone, resolution is great on the display, sound is alot louder than other htc devices I have owned including one x international ver. lack of a kernel that has system rw while phone is booted bugs me a little(dna had the same problem before also) rw for system is only working in recovery in a flash .zip. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
    I changed my HTC One X to HTC Butterfly. This is my 2nd butterfly because my 1st butterfly has a little problem, which is cannot charge until 100%, it stuck at 99% and continute charging (my led indicatior always on red). My 2nd butterfly doesnt have that issue but i can hear a "tick" sound on the bottom of the phone when i press on that (just beside the charging port,on the left). Do you guys think i had a defect butterly?
    Only 2 things i dislike about my x920d. First, the charging shutter almost break into half after 2 weeks usage, it's very inconvienient because i have to open it at least 4 times a day to charge to maintain the gaming power drain. Second, the 16gb internal memory really small. Yes, i can have 32gb micro sd, but that is for music files and photos, not game data. Wild Blood, Generation of Chaos, Asphalt 7 and then a Chaos Ring, already eaten up most of the space.. Is the internal memory so expensive? At least give us choice to select larger capacity.. Maybe after few months, another butterfly+ like OneX+ will appear, will consider to switch for it.

Other than that, It's a best phone i used, fast gps lock, neat screen, good speaker sound, fast camera, real multitasking, 3d gaming with no lag, and almost zero battery loss during whole night with power saving profile :)