[Q] plz Help SGH-T999 and GT-I9300 confusion

Search This thread

Khalilmawat

Aug 25, 2014
I request you All to plz help me regarding that problem,,,, i bought samsung galaxy S3 mobile from a friend... now i m confused in Gt-I9300 and SGH-T999... plz tell me that what phone basically i m using ,,,,

when i go to setting in phones it shows about phone GT-I9300 like below in the picture...
Screenshot_2014-08-26-01-05-46.png

but when i go to the downloading mode it says like below SGH-T999
product Name: SGH-T999
Custom Binary Download: Yes (10 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Castom
Qualcom secureboot: Enable

** now e days i facing another problem too,,, No registered network :(
Help

daggorlad

Mar 8, 2013
Lexington, KY
Samsung Galaxy S20
I request you All to plz help me regarding that problem,,,, i bought samsung galaxy S3 mobile from a friend... now i m confused in Gt-I9300 and SGH-T999... plz tell me that what phone basically i m using ,,,,

when i go to setting in phones it shows about phone GT-I9300 like below in the picture...
View attachment 2912134

but when i go to the downloading mode it says like below SGH-T999
product Name: SGH-T999
Custom Binary Download: Yes (10 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Castom
Qualcom secureboot: Enable

** now e days i facing another problem too,,, No registered network :(
Help

See this thread

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Yup. Sounds like another franken-phone. The think i find very odd here is the T999 in download mode. Everything else points to it being an i9300. What does it say under the battery?
Get Phone Info *Samsung* app from the store and post what build/version it says you're running for the firmware, bootloader, csc, etc.

Reactions: Khalilmawat

Khalilmawat

Aug 25, 2014
help plz,,, i m too much worry when got that info

Yup. Sounds like another franken-phone. The think i find very odd here is the T999 in download mode. Everything else points to it being an i9300. What does it say under the battery?
Get Phone Info *Samsung* app from the store and post what build/version it says you're running for the firmware, bootloader, csc, etc.

UNDER the battery Info..
Model: GT-I9300
FCC ID: A3LGTI9300
SSN:-I9300GSMH
Made in Vietnam by Samsung
IMEI: 352315/05/149915/6
S/N:RFSD32DS5H5

Phone Info *Samsung* app Screenshots

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 39
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 37

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Id say thats a Chinese onock off if ive ever seen one! Depending on what you look at, its a T999, T999V, I9300, I535 and probably more!

If download mode says its a T999 it probably. Wont flash anything but T999 firmware. Problem is, i have no idea if thatll brick it.

And doncha love how its showing two completly different basebands?!

Khalilmawat

Aug 25, 2014
tell me plz

Id say thats a Chinese onock off if ive ever seen one! Depending on what you look at, its a T999, T999V, I9300, I535 and probably more!

If download mode says its a T999 it probably. Wont flash anything but T999 firmware. Problem is, i have no idea if thatll brick it.

And doncha love how its showing two completly different basebands?!

tell me plz that this phone is Korean or china,,,, this is not seem to be original,,, what u say???

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
It may be from Korea. Theres really no way to know for certain. I just know that if it really is using mixed up soft/firmware, it should be bricked. It just leads me to believe someone hacked things up pretty good and possibly wanted it to be confusing to anyone who looked. We do know that lots of faked devices do come out of China, really, the vast majority of them do.

I suppise it could be possible it was a refurb gone badly wrong and somehow just worked, but weve seen a number of these in the past several months. I just dont see how there would be mistakes made on such a scale and then the device be allowed to be shipped back out.

Unfortunately, i dont know of any good way to determine the truth about its origin or why it is the way it is. I can only speculate. And because of all the mixed up information i just dont know what you could safely do with it. You might be able to flash the T999 firmware since it shows T999 in Download Mode. But i cant recommend it because i dont know if it would brick it or not.

I think you should ask the friend who sold it to you if they can explain any of it.
For your network issues you should first check if the IMEI is blacklisted.

Also, look for the sticker under the battery and make sure the IMEI matches.

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

Another mystery...it looks like theres a software update (statusbar icon).

Also just noticed you said the sticker says it was made in Vietnam.
I was going to say that judging by the phone info app and other things that it may well be a T999. But then the sticker shows the model, FCC id, and ssn to belong to an i9300.

I am sorry i dont have any good explanation for you....i cant stand these frankenphones!

londheaakash

Jan 16, 2014
pune
DNT WORRY if download mode is showing sgh t999
trust it cause
in build property we can change value or name of device bt we cant in download mode

in my way it is SGH T999

hit thanks if i helped u :good:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
True, but its also showing it has the i9300 baseband. Also has other parts saying its an i9300, as well as a T999, T999V and I535!
Too much is completely messed up to say it would be safe to flash T999 firmware. As i also pointed out, the FCC ID belongs to an i9300, which should mean it has an i9300 board and radio.

Reactions: Khalilmawat

Khalilmawat

Aug 25, 2014
Thanks

It may be from Korea. Theres really no way to know for certain. I just know that if it really is using mixed up soft/firmware, it should be bricked. It just leads me to believe someone hacked things up pretty good and possibly wanted it to be confusing to anyone who looked. We do know that lots of faked devices do come out of China, really, the vast majority of them do.

I suppise it could be possible it was a refurb gone badly wrong and somehow just worked, but weve seen a number of these in the past several months. I just dont see how there would be mistakes made on such a scale and then the device be allowed to be shipped back out.

Unfortunately, i dont know of any good way to determine the truth about its origin or why it is the way it is. I can only speculate. And because of all the mixed up information i just dont know what you could safely do with it. You might be able to flash the T999 firmware since it shows T999 in Download Mode. But i cant recommend it because i dont know if it would brick it or not.

I think you should ask the friend who sold it to you if they can explain any of it.
For your network issues you should first check if the IMEI is blacklisted.

Also, look for the sticker under the battery and make sure the IMEI matches.

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

Another mystery...it looks like theres a software update (statusbar icon).

Also just noticed you said the sticker says it was made in Vietnam.
I was going to say that judging by the phone info app and other things that it may well be a T999. But then the sticker shows the model, FCC id, and ssn to belong to an i9300.

I am sorry i dont have any good explanation for you....i cant stand these frankenphones!

Thanks a lot dear,,, i m so happy that u guide me ,,, i just give the phone back to my friend,,,, :)

dikachik1

Jun 28, 2013
Enugu, Nigeria
had same problem

bro, I had same problem with my Samsung s3 that had 9300 in software but sgh-t999 in download mode. it is actually sgh-t999 cos that is the firmware I do flash on my own.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Yeah I remember that, but can you check your sticker? What does it say for the model number and FCC ID? Just curious at this point. I also don't necessarily want to recommend the same thing for each franken-phone since we just don't know much about them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    True, but its also showing it has the i9300 baseband. Also has other parts saying its an i9300, as well as a T999, T999V and I535!
    Too much is completely messed up to say it would be safe to flash T999 firmware. As i also pointed out, the FCC ID belongs to an i9300, which should mean it has an i9300 board and radio.