Athena Project Official ROM and SPL 3.5 upgrade - The Final Release

Search This thread

irus

Jun 29, 2007
Since irus wm6.1 has developed new spl to enable AP4.0 to install irus wm6.1, I intalled the full version in order to test whether when activating flotouch, i can still use Chinese handwritng input method. But, the result is still the same as used in ap3.0, viz., i have to choose between the flotouch or Chinese handwriting. Therefore, i switched back to AP4.0. After all, one of the features in x7510 is designed to overcome the conflict between Chinese handwriting and touchflo. Now, I just wait for a spl to allow me to downgrade to factory rom only for the event that I have to call warranties with htc.

when you tried it on ap3 or my rom were u using ftouchflo or htc's touchflo and on ap4 r u using htc's touchflo or ftouchflo. i think the problem is ftouchflo not ap3 or my rom.... i think

panvita

Jun 23, 2007
when you tried it on ap3 or my rom were u using ftouchflo or htc's touchflo and on ap4 r u using htc's touchflo or ftouchflo. i think the problem is ftouchflo not ap3 or my rom.... i think

hi, irus, would be wonderful if you can use htc's touchflo in your excellent wm6.1 rom?

mcpell

May 2, 2007
AthenaUpdater doesn't start up RUU

I seem to be having some trouble running AthenaUpdater to get AP4 Platinum installed on my device. I have Radio 1.57 and Olipro 1.20 SPL.

I did a hard reset, set up WMDC connectivity, verified that when I go into bootloader mode I do not need to insall any drivers, and reconnected in normal os mode with WMDC.

The first time I tried to run AthenaUpdater.exe my device asked if I wanted to install itsutils.dll. I said yes. I waited at least 10 minutes, bet never saw the RUU interface appear.

I tried running it again (after waiting the said 10 minutes per the install guide) and don't get the request to install itsutils.dll and still don't get the RUU interface to appear.

When I run AthenaUpdater I am doing it as "Run as administrator".

Any thoughts?

McP

panvita

Jun 23, 2007
I seem to be having some trouble running AthenaUpdater to get AP4 Platinum installed on my device. I have Radio 1.57 and Olipro 1.20 SPL.

I did a hard reset, set up WMDC connectivity, verified that when I go into bootloader mode I do not need to insall any drivers, and reconnected in normal os mode with WMDC.

The first time I tried to run AthenaUpdater.exe my device asked if I wanted to install itsutils.dll. I said yes. I waited at least 10 minutes, bet never saw the RUU interface appear.

I tried running it again (after waiting the said 10 minutes per the install guide) and don't get the request to install itsutils.dll and still don't get the RUU interface to appear.

Any thoughts?

McP

please download the “enablerapi.cab” from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=300592, save it in the microdrive and install to the device, and then start the installation process of AP 4.0.

Last edited:

sabes143

Sep 12, 2007
London

Any thoughts?

McP

Hi
I beleive you are trying to update the AP4. I think you should wait for the AP5 because we are having several problems on AP4.
Once you upgraded to the AP4 you CAN'T downgrade to AP3 or the any other original rom.
my device was working great on AP3 and now with AP4 having several problems like drains battery faster, adobe pdf hangs, Opera hangs, some other softwares not working properly, Bluetooth not connecting properly, secure wifi lose connection, etc. Pawel62 says he is working on AP5 Beta.

Once a SPL Downgrade tool available then you can try this beautiful rom. I tried to downgrade to hacked AP3 and it also have many problems. Then i have to upgrade back to AP4 it works ok but still problems there.

I hope AP team will sort out these problems in the AP5. Thanks for the great work and keep it up.

My suggestion is please wait. It is upto you whether upgrade or not.

Good luck

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
With everyone reporting problem after problem, I should note that except for the volume problem (still way too loud system volume even on the 2nd lowest setting) my AP4 is working just fine. Nothing hangs, all radios work fine (I'm using 1.57). The only thing I did was turn off the viewflo since I never use portrait mode.

PBL1

Feb 21, 2008
techntrek
With everyone reporting problem after problem, I should note that except for the volume problem (still way too loud system volume even on the 2nd lowest setting) my AP4 is working just fine. Nothing hangs, all radios work fine (I'm using 1.57). The only thing I did was turn off the viewflo since I never use portrait mode.

same here, so far Im pretty happy with it, installed without a hitch,BT much better than previous rom, GPS about the same, Vueflow is great, it did locked the screen in portrait position for some reason couple of times but not a big issue, the new opera great (far from the perfect browser but much better than previous) Wifi connect without a hitch, rom time response could be better but not a big issue for my, I like a rom fast enough for usability not for winning a F1 race.
I use WM5torage 0.72 rather than the USB to PC applet, it allow me to chose the storage media that I want to connect to the PC with no changes in registry needed
All in all I find AP4 a step in the right direction

Mosser

Dec 19, 2003
Warminster, UK
Same for me too, AP4 is running very nicely, and is faster and smoother than AP3, in particular, Opera browser in AP4 is better, and i have slightly better battery life when internet browsing and connected to 3G, I have no bluetooth issues connecting to or using my Jabra BT8010 and making calls from the headset phonebook works nicely as well.

It seems to me, that a minority of users are making loud noises about problems with AP4, which makes people think that it doesnt work properly, whereas those who it works nicely for, are keeping quiet (like me!) because it just does what it says on the tin !

famsanr

Jul 10, 2007
Greetings and question

what is this bull****? ever seen my thread about downgrading to AP3? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=386604

and you can downgrade SPL too, contact me to test program (it is already possible in manual way)
Hi, cmonex. I'd wanted to know why can not be published in the forum the manual way to downgrade the spl. I'm interested to go back to the old spl i had before upgraading to ap 4.0.

the_erinyes

Dec 1, 2007
ermmm... I think I may have a problem after trying to update...

,,, Hi

I am a bit scared now... just bought the phone y'day, and thought I would update to AP4. Followed the PDF, except for not installing MS .Net framework seperatly as I am running vista x64 (where it is included).

The phone came already with Radio 1.50 so I didn't bother updating that. The phone came unlocked.

When I did all the re-sets and installed the enablerapi.cab, I connected. And then it came up with the ****sticks message, and indeed the phone had switched to the Bootloader. This time I think the loader showed a higher SPL as before. As instructed, I re-set the phone *step 12*.

Now it will not turn on anymore.... please help. In fact, when I turn the phone on, the joystick will light up greeen. But thats it with respect to life signs... :(

update: tried to hard-reset (eg vol-down & reset) which seemed to work: Reset complete, pls press power button to restart. I did. Nothing anymore, not even the green light... This reset process is repeatable, yet with the same result. I am also able to get into the bootloader 3 colour screen. IPL-v2.02 and SPL-v1.10 with ATHE100. The phone switches from USB to Serial when removing the cable and back.

I tried to use the PK 3.0 as previously suggested, with no success. The problem is there already when I try ro run the Athena Unlocker ---> step 1: Flash SPL. Since I cannot connect with MDC (bc I can only enter the bootloader), it will not work. When just running the ROMUpdateUtility for 3.0 it will go to the statusbar 1% both on phone and PC and then abort with ERROR [270] UPDATE ERROR: The image file is corruped. Please check your Update Utility. Please help

rgds

Last edited:
Same for me too, AP4 is running very nicely, and is faster and smoother than AP3, in particular, Opera browser in AP4 is better, and i have slightly better battery life when internet browsing and connected to 3G, I have no bluetooth issues connecting to or using my Jabra BT8010 and making calls from the headset phonebook works nicely as well.

It seems to me, that a minority of users are making loud noises about problems with AP4, which makes people think that it doesnt work properly, whereas those who it works nicely for, are keeping quiet (like me!) because it just does what it says on the tin !

++ to that from me :)

Installation went fine; Everything works fine & dandy (except Album which often won't start, but as I don't use that anyway its not an issue); WiFi is more stable, BT is much more versatile, battery life on 3G better and general responsiveness slightly better than my previous T-Mobile WM6 ROM.

Unlike AP3 on my device, I can now connect every time to WMDC on my 2 PC's and the USB to Storage function has bee faultless, once the reg hack was done.

TouchPal 3 (an excellent upgrade to V2) starts every time, and iGO8 has no problem at all.

All in all I'm delighted- not sure if there's any need for AP5 personally :)

eagle 1

,,, Hi

I am a bit scared now... just bought the phone y'day, and thought I would update to AP4. Followed the PDF, except for not installing MS .Net framework seperatly as I am running vista x64 (where it is included).

The phone came already with Radio 1.50 so I didn't bother updating that. The phone came unlocked.

When I did all the re-sets and installed the enablerapi.cab, I connected. And then it came up with the ****sticks message, and indeed the phone had switched to the Bootloader. This time I think the loader showed a higher SPL as before. As instructed, I re-set the phone *step 12*.

Now it will not turn on anymore.... please help. In fact, when I turn the phone on, the joystick will light up greeen. But thats it with respect to life signs... :(

update: tried to hard-reset (eg vol-down & reset) which seemed to work: Reset complete, pls press power button to restart. I did. Nothing anymore, not even the green light... This reset process is repeatable, yet with the same result. I am also able to get into the bootloader 3 colour screen. IPL-v2.02 and SPL-v1.10 with ATHE100. The phone switches from USB to Serial when removing the cable and back.

I tried to use the PK 3.0 as previously suggested, with no success. The problem is there already when I try ro run the Athena Unlocker ---> step 1: Flash SPL. Since I cannot connect with MDC (bc I can only enter the bootloader), it will not work. When just running the ROMUpdateUtility for 3.0 it will go to the statusbar 1% both on phone and PC and then abort with ERROR [270] UPDATE ERROR: The image file is corruped. Please check your Update Utility. Please help

rgds

Are you using the special AP3 for fixing bad AP4 flash? see the thread below. Download the special ap3 and follow the instructions. You pda should come back to life and you can try ap4 again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=386604

sabes143

Sep 12, 2007
London
,,, Hi

rgds

Hi
If your bootloader says SPL v1.10 means your device not CID unlocked. Therefore you cannot load any other roms other than your device's original rom or AP4. (someone correct me if i am wrong)
You can download the original rom from HTC or use search function on this forum then load that into your device first. Then you can unlock CID then load any other athena rom.

You should understand that Super CID should be unlocked (where SPL shows like 1.20 Olipro or 3.50 Olinex) to upgrade any other roms to your device. you can upgrade AP4 (someone correct me if i am wrong) without unlocking CID.

Read a lot from this forum it will help you to upgrade you device rom.
Good luck

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
Hi
If your bootloader says SPL v1.10 means your device not CID unlocked. Therefore you cannot load any other roms other than your device's original rom or AP4. (someone correct me if i am wrong)
You can download the original rom from HTC or use search function on this forum then load that into your device first. Then you can unlock CID then load any other athena rom.

You should understand that Super CID should be unlocked (where SPL shows like 1.20 Olipro or 3.50 Olinex) to upgrade any other roms to your device. you can upgrade AP4 (someone correct me if i am wrong) without unlocking CID.

Read a lot from this forum it will help you to upgrade you device rom.
Good luck

I don't think you can upgrade to AP4 unless your SPL shows 3.50.

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
I think you can solve your problem flashing the original ROM from your phone manufacturer (country, vendor), putting your phone in bootloader mode first.

Try to look around in the forum is it is avaliable somewere....

Last edited:

theaxter

Jul 7, 2007
Sibiu
upgrade after downgrade

I did downgrade :( from 4.0 to 3.5 , in order to use the navigation software IGO8 and now I can't upgrade anymore. The application does not start at all :( and I did used the same USB port , following the steps in the pdf manual . In the task manager I can see that the athena updater does increase the memory use to 200000KB and then the process just dissapear without any pop up window , anything :( In case that Athena is not connected , I get the ****sticks pop up but nothing with athena connected :(
Should I use another computer? Or delete some files from last time? Upgrade the .net framework to 3.5?

Last edited:

lakeman

Apr 30, 2006
toronto
I did downgrade :( from 4.0 to 3.5 , in order to use the navigation software IGO8 and now I can't upgrade anymore. The application does not start at all :( and I did used the same USB port , following the steps in the pdf manual . In the task manager I can see that the athena updater does increase the memory use to 200000KB and then the process just dissapear without any pop up window , anything :( In case that Athena is not connected , I get the ****sticks pop up but nothing with athena connected :(
Should I use another computer? Or delete some files from last time? Upgrade the .net framework to 3.5?

you are not having much luck are you?
Did you remove the sim and memory card
Try on a winxp machine if that doesnt work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    anybody kind enough to post a different link to this ROM? the links provided in post no. 1 are no longer available. thanks.

I guess you can download it at ~ http://www.4shared.com/file/140422971/3b1bfe8a/Athena_AP_40_SPL_35_Updater.html
    After a lot of work, experimentation and hundreds of hours of development time, AP4 is finally ready.

PK - ROM cook, and professional harasser of developers, we gave him the ROM and he chucked the crap into it.

cmonex - Special Adviser/Developer/Low-Level Hacker; when not being harassed by PK, took a few spare minutes in the day to learn C# and write a config app with Olipro in the same stretch... also saved the PDA world with revolutionary new kernel and other patches, also included in AP4.

Olipro - the Hard-SPL guy; largely considers himself to be "too good" for the menial **** and so only enjoys things such as implementing overwrite protection for SPLs with none built-in with cmonex and replacing the HTC signing certificate (oh fooking yes baby). Also found time from blowing cigar smoke in the faces of small children to write the ROM deployer.

So, Here it is:

[size=+1]AP ROM v4.0[/size]

[size=+2]Install Guide[/size]

Smartarses beware: don't try to flash from bootloader.

also, if you need the changelog, great tips and addons, then as usual, go to PK's great thread [size=+1]Athena Project 4.0 Series[/size]

P.S: yes this post has been made by OliNex, even if it is hard to believe :p
    your lucky day

sent a pm but here are the files you need
    also search for boot loop and you will find a solution, it was a common mistake
    regards lakeman
    You have to unlock the rom first

i have read the beginners guide yet! and i have read that i have to upgrade the spl! can someone give me some informations? thanks

As the beginners guide states
    "You have to unlock the rom first"
    You said your SPL was 1.1 therefore apply the unlocker first . then you will be able to apply any SPL 1.2 ROM
    If you want to use an SPL 3.5 ROM , you have to then apply the AP4 upgrade , but only after unlocking the ROM.
    hope this is clear and it is in fact straight forward , but I would recommend finding an XP machine to do these upgrades as occasionally people were having problems with vista and windows seven doesnt seem to recognise this device , although I wonder if the users had Windows Mobile Device centre installed.
    Anyway it is straightforward if you have done any unlocking previously.
    Regards Lakeman '