Incubus26Jc's Super Eclair 2.1 Odexed [RLS6.1] - [6/24/10] Working Camera!!

Search This thread

jsngrimm

Oct 11, 2009
Cuyahoga Falls
can someone plz help me with this? i have everything working except wifi on my kasier/tilt 8925. it has no sim card installed. whenever i go to the wifi settings, click on a network, and eneter the pass, it says it needs to force close .process.settings im pretty sure my hardspl is below reccomended for the tutorial, but all else is up to date. any ideas?

mrtausif2004

Mar 20, 2007
can someone plz help me with this? i have everything working except wifi on my kasier/tilt 8925. it has no sim card installed. whenever i go to the wifi settings, click on a network, and eneter the pass, it says it needs to force close .process.settings im pretty sure my hardspl is below reccomended for the tutorial, but all else is up to date. any ideas?

facing the same problem.... help needed...anyone.....????

ilmomu

Oct 5, 2006

I'm using this release over NAND on a Vodafone 1615.

I solved the wifi issue installing a free application from the market. This applicatión has a widget too. The application names "Wifi Manager".

I hope this trick solve your issue.

ZS180

Jun 3, 2009
can someone plz help me with this? i have everything working except wifi on my kasier/tilt 8925

...I solved the wifi issue installing a free application from the market. This applicatión has a widget too. The application names "Wifi Manager"...

I have the same issue on a Kaiser/TYTN II and the Wifi Manager did not fix the issue.

ADB tells me "E/WifiService( 303): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver."

Is there a different driver for different versions of the Kaiser? and does anyone know where I could get said driver?

ZS180

Jun 3, 2009
I have the same issue on a Kaiser/TYTN II and the Wifi Manager did not fix the issue.

ADB tells me "E/WifiService( 303): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver."

Is there a different driver for different versions of the Kaiser? and does anyone know where I could get said driver?

Froyo works... Can anyone tell me which files I can move from Froyo to Eclair to make wireless work on my Kaiser?

I'd use Froyo but it is way way way too slow and buggy at the moment!

ZS180

Jun 3, 2009
Froyo works... Can anyone tell me which files I can move from Froyo to Eclair to make wireless work on my Kaiser?

I'd use Froyo but it is way way way too slow and buggy at the moment!

On searching the forum...

This is a frequently asked question, for any Android recently on these phones.
You're using the new 2.6.32 kernel, aren't you?
If so, the wifi module /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko) in the Android build is not compatible with the new kernel and needs to be replaced.
xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=389254&d=1282909102

Therefore I'm going to try and re-compile for my kernel (2.6.32.9)

ndrgrc

Feb 1, 2008
SIENA
dear Incubus, your work is really nice and the explanations are perfects. I just installed your rom on my kaiser, and i found two problems:
1) some dots in the screen, expecially in gray areas (like in a 16mil pics when you see it in lower color deph.)
2) when i try to put the wpa2 key on wifi setting, system returns an error "interruzione imprevista dell'applicazione impostazioni" (i turn language my language). the error is in processocom.android.setting
the first problem is not really important, but the second one is.

can someone help me? thank you!

elander

Oct 23, 2009
dear Incubus, your work is really nice and the explanations are perfects. I just installed your rom on my kaiser, and i found two problems:
1) some dots in the screen, expecially in gray areas (like in a 16mil pics when you see it in lower color deph.)
2) when i try to put the wpa2 key on wifi setting, system returns an error "interruzione imprevista dell'applicazione impostazioni" (i turn language my language). the error is in processocom.android.setting
the first problem is not really important, but the second one is.

can someone help me? thank you!

For number 1 I think you should change your panel type in the kernel use atool which is an excellent app to do that and MUCH more. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=783514

ZootHornRollo

May 25, 2007
East Lothian
Nope... still not working. put androidupdate.tar into the andboot folder, booted, pressing D pad get into install menu, select update. update successful message then phone reboots.

still get 'unable to start wifi' error.

any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Krazy-Killa

Mar 14, 2009
kz.game-server.cc
This build just isn't working for me... First, I had to literally strip this build down more just so it will install on my kaiser (103MB system does not work with this 101MB system contents). So I had to remove the camera app, first app that I can say to myself that I will not miss, and not use. Second, I removed some old kernel modules from /system/lib/modules/2.6.25-dirty, as all these modules were in the 2.6.32.9 directory. Then had to inject l1q1d's androidupdate into the build, which would cause my "tar: device has run out of space" error, so I had to remove just enough stuff from the build to compensate for this build's odd size.

Next, my WiFi does not work... It'll turn on, but I continue to get FCs everytime I try to connect to my home WiFi which is WPA/WPA2 encrypted, which has never been a problem until this build. No other open wifi's in range, and will not open up my wifi as I'm in an apartment complex with about 8 people that like to piggyback on open wifi's...

My Phone app is also kinda awkward, as all my contacts are organized into two catagories (s, and e), which makes absolutely no sense, as all other eclair builds orangize them just fine alphabetically.

Everything else is fine.. Phone boots up with no FCs, both launchers work, compcache is a major plus as it speeds up my phone dramatically. Just those odd issues that I'm having....

I can't get the build to boot without applying l1q1d's update as well so I have no idea how this build works vanilla wise, and I use atools to manipulate the .tar files and inject androidupdates when necessary.

Any thoughts on this, or any way to dumb down the size more to compensate for the Kaiser's low ROM size?

boriqua4evur

Mar 24, 2011
hey im using the htc kaiser for this and everyting seems fine except for the wifi. the wifi turns on but it says unable to scan for networks. i have a router thats on but its not finding it. any help? o and im using haret method to :)

Last edited:

dtownboy202

Sep 21, 2012
Can't seem to get MMS working.

So i downloaded this on my Verizon xv6900, and I cant get mms working. It will just try to send the message for ages and then fail. If you reply thatd be awesome.
-Thanks

Israr S

Jan 29, 2013
HTC kaiser

Hi Guys I am using HTC TyTN II Kaiser build 19212.1.0.3 RAM 128 MB .I am able to boot my HTC with Haret for Android Froyo but it is getting hanged because of RAM so Please provide me with suitable android version for htc that works smoothly with HTC. And each time handset hungs up I have to restart and re Install android to use it .Please HELP ME !!!!!!