Optimus 3D SU-760 Users (Pls. Contribute Here) Upgrading, Rooting, etc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good to know

Hi All you Guys,

Heres my experience..

Jump Start

As you see I'm also from Philippines too and just had this Device as gift for my Wife almost a month ago (its around my budget that time and its 3D). I got it first using GB and I just updated it using V30B.kdz that I found floating around the web - Here (if you happen to cant download it you can use any proxy known to man to by pass limitations) using LG Flashtool (pretty much automagically and easy) - Here. Back then my Wife is as happy as child. But all has its limit. After update my Wife noticed performance issues, lagging and too much wait times. So I decided to root it using - This but be sure to use v1.6 and to open it use 7zip app for Windows (Google it). After Rooting first off to do was to Install Busybox and try out V6supercharger, w/c eventually made progress and made the phone quite snappy. No problems, redraws and slowdowns encountered from my Wife except that I cant stop to look at the Custom Roms available for SU760 and personally I still think its still too slow from a device having good Dualcore CPU and decent GPU.

Customization

Reviewed a while, talked to some people and downloaded necessary tools and apps. Target was to flash XBSAv5.2 - Here (yes this works on our SU760). First I got many Bricks and Bootloops but able to resurrect my device using this guide - Here and then found out that it would be safe and easier having the x-loader and u-boot made by wkpark, download this (the loaders were inside /files and /resigned, but if you have trouble locating those you could try this pack - Here) and follow this Guide and use this recovery Pesach85 gave me - Here. After all those stuffs I finally able to boot at recovery anytime during bootup, simply press Vol Down while on the Silver LG Logo boot screen and it will launch TWRP, from there you could flash XBSA v5.2 and if you want to try PH85 Kernel on SU760 download this version Pesach85 gave me - Here. Final touch was to apply the build.prop patch located at XBSA ROM's OP and to use the Original V30B Camera - Here. Thats all I did on my O3D SU760 and now somehow it became fast enough having Camera load for just 5 seconds.

Note: My Wife's setup is
    Launcher: Go Launcher
    Locker: Go Locker
    Sms: Go SMS
    Social Apps: Facebook, FB Messenger, Tweeter, YouTube
    Settings: 3G when needed, WiFi at Home, All Social Apps Notifier ON, All Sync are ON
    She get those setup and ask me why her phone slows down.. Tsk women..
    Hi!

(Mods, please correct me if this thread must not be placed here.)

My motive is to gain people to help us with this Korean Device. I'm located in the Philippines (I'm a Filipino) and bought the unit with a Korean Friend. I spent hours of searching the net hoping to avail help from developers. I found only few. Most of them in Korean/Chinese language translated using Google translator.

Its been several months now since i bought this, I'm still enjoying my phone despite of it being different (atleast for me who lives in the Philippines and in XDA-Community), compared to P920 who are in this forum. I struggled from upgrading it from Froyo (2.2) to Gingerbread (2.3.5 v20e), believe me, my fingers are crossed when i have the guts to update it, for i couldn't manage to fix it in case it bricked. I Really envy guys who uses P920, they have all the resources from great people here in this forum.

If you are a User of this phone or atleast know something how to upgrade or develop it for the benefit of us noob people (atleast me). Please help a user like me by posting your contribution here.

My contributions: (Problems and the help i found)
    If you have a better solutions, please contribute. These are based on my noob experience, please don't laugh at me..

1. Upgrading
    There was a thread here who used P920 flash for their SU760, it bricked their phone. I dont know if it was unbricked, how he did that? thats why we need a thread like this. In english.. he he..
    As for me, I used the official LG Software Update Agent. It worked like a charm. As a precaution, i backed up all my data, but to my surprise after the upgrade, All programs remained intact! That was from Froyo 2.2 to Gingerbread 2.3.5 v20C...
    I have to admit, for me, the 2.2 runs faster and had few problems as a comparison to the 2.3.5. Last week, a Root worked for the v20C, so i Rooted mine. Too exited noob as i was, i accidentally uninstalled minor system app. This drive me to update again using LG Software Update Agent again. And it did! now my software version is 2.3.5 v20e, official software.

If anyone who has a better experience than this or who has an upgraded software than i have, please help me.

2. Rooting
    As i mentioned, A week ago, from korean/chinese site (i almost learned their language! lol!) they said in the past they were not successful in rooting v20c or v20e. The Rooting software was capable of rooting v20C and v20E (among others)
    The Post for SU-760 came from here.
    http://bbs.gfan.com/android-3717040-1-1.html
    but then soon, i read from xda developers that it came from this Author
    http://vulnfactory.org/blog/2012/02/26/rooting-the-lg-thrill-optimus-3d/

3. 80 Character SMS
    This is what drives me crazy about this phone. In my usage, it only sends 80 Characters not the standard 160. I must limit my SMS to 80 characters or else, the message will be broken. I used Go SMS in this setting. I learned that Korean system uses 2 bits compared to our single bit, that's why it only sends 80.
    Handset SMS miraculously solved this problem. (i wish it will be the same with GoSMS)

4. Stock Aps
    These are killing the RAM usage! This what motivated me to root my device in the first place, and what drove me to accidentally remove system apps. I used the System App Remover to remove them. Maybe Ill use other app next time.

TV w/ Antenna
    It never worked here, I also tried it in Manila (the major city in the Philippines), did'nt worked. I wonder if anyone managed to make this work!

Someone Please Help Me:
    How to put/upgrade to a custom rom. (So i will be freed from stock apps)
    How to Upgrade or Change Baseband. I really dont know much about this but i have a feeling i need to match it for Philippine usage. I wish to have an H instead of 3g connection. a Getril app didnt worked as of the time i posted this. I emailed the author, if i get help, ill post it here.

So far, these are the major issues I encountered, ill just add later if i have more time and recalled some more problem i fixed.

My helps came from Korean and Chinese forum, the translation is very very hard to understand! If there are Korean / Chinese people in this forum who could help us, please do so, atleast in English Language please.
    hi, i'm rasel from bangladesh, using lg su760 for about 3 months. my firmware ver is 2.2. its came from south korea, its sk telecom.
    i want to upgrade to 2.3, but i dont know what to do.
    there is 2 way. one is lg support tool via pc. other is via wifi through my handset.
    which is better i dont know. is 2.3 better for my su760?

rasel
    -rasel..

i used the software from lg tool via windows pc when i upgraded my phone. the software checked the phone version then downloaded the latest software automatically installed it.. just make sure to install all the proper drivers in doing it.

thanks..
    Internal SD Card memory is still working after flashing XBSA v5.2 rom?

My experience was not good with that rom so I never tried again even after 30B official upgrade.
    Yes its working. So far I got good results with that ROM + PH85 Kernel. Just remember to flash wkspark's latest bootloader.
    Try flashing it with lg flash tool

Sent From My LG Optimus 3D SU760