ADB Assistance

Search This thread

jordanjay29

Aug 18, 2008
Whoops!

So I had JF 1.51 ADP on my phone, and I flashed the Hero Theme to my phone, wiping the second and third screens as they prescribed.

I encountered some errors and funky happenings while on the theme (like all calls showing up as Unknown, WTF?), so I decided to flash back.

I didn't realize that I'd need to clear my home screens again, and now I believe I'm encountering issues with that. android.process.acore keeps force closing.

Here's my question. Through ADB, is there a way to clear the homescreen layout so that I can avoid this error and most of all, avoid wiping?

Diceman4

Jun 9, 2009
St. Louis
Whoops!

So I had JF 1.51 ADP on my phone, and I flashed the Hero Theme to my phone, wiping the second and third screens as they prescribed.

I encountered some errors and funky happenings while on the theme (like all calls showing up as Unknown, WTF?), so I decided to flash back.

I didn't realize that I'd need to clear my home screens again, and now I believe I'm encountering issues with that. android.process.acore keeps force closing.

Here's my question. Through ADB, is there a way to clear the homescreen layout so that I can avoid this error and most of all, avoid wiping?

No, not really. It would take much more work to find the correct section in the phone data than it would be to just reregister your phone after wiping.

You could also use Backup for root users to backup most of your data/info to make wiping easier.

I am not sure why wiping seems to be such a problem to some people, but if you plan on applying any themes/custom ROMs/rotting your phone to begin with you kind of have to accept it as a necessary hassle...

To quote someone else (Sorry I can't remember where I heard this)
Just wipe...its good hygiene.

jordanjay29

Aug 18, 2008
I just wound up flashing back to the Hero theme, where I was able to clear the screens.

But my issues persisted, so I assume I just had a bad wipe from back when I migrated to JF 1.5, and so I wiped again. This has resolved all the problems.

Wipes are nice, but app data is fickle and not friendly. Having to redo the settings of Ringo, Locale, Power Manager and many more is just annoying.