[Q] KFU Root "failed" --> Now how to unroot the device? (read)

Search This thread

Dicoluc

Jan 26, 2012
Milano
I wanted to root my kindle fire so i followed the instructions in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1399889

(Kindle Fire utilities)

The procedure worked perfectly but...several apps tells me that the device is not rooted and the file system is read only.

I downloaded OTA rootkeper and that's what I see:

dlpkQ.jpg

The device is rooted but I don't have any permission?

So I wanted to root because I wanted the Google Play marketplace and the tool has failed because I see every google app but the marketplace (yes I'm using a custom launcher).

Now I want to UNroot, just turn to the out-of-the-box defaults and be able to view my amazon prime videos.

I used the adb method to unroot the device from the windows command prompt but it says that I can't make any changes, again, because I have no permission (read only).

Can you please help me to get rid of this? :mad:

Thanks

linktohack

Apr 21, 2012
I wanted to root my kindle fire so i followed the instructions in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1399889

(Kindle Fire utilities)

The procedure worked perfectly but...several apps tells me that the device is not rooted and the file system is read only.

I downloaded OTA rootkeper and that's what I see:

dlpkQ.jpg

The device is rooted but I don't have any permission?

So I wanted to root because I wanted the Google Play marketplace and the tool has failed because I see every google app but the marketplace (yes I'm using a custom launcher).

Now I want to UNroot, just turn to the out-of-the-box defaults and be able to view my amazon prime videos.

I used the adb method to unroot the device from the windows command prompt but it says that I can't make any changes, again, because I have no permission (read only).

Can you please help me to get rid of this? :mad:

Thanks

From the way you explain, I'm sure that your KF is rooted but Superuser is not is *not* install. So just install it.

adb install Superuser.apk

To unroot, remove Superuser, remove /system/xbin/su, and rename /system/bin/check_rooted.bak to check_rooted

Gửi từ Kindle Lửa của tôi qua Tapatalk 2