[Guide]Restore to Stock "Bricked" "Unlocked" LG Optimus G f180,E97x

Search This thread

bornodhaka

May 9, 2011
Dhaka
help me please, I'm just stuck :(

Hello guys, need your help, I just owned a f180l, which was converted to e975. That was working good, I don't know what was in my mind, I unlocked my bootloder by freegee and installed TWRP and flash cm11 which was meant to be for e975 (int.), just screwed with baseband.
Then I had to flash f180l's F180L30c_00 rom, backup EPS by freegee, then flash e975 E97520A_00 rom, but like this tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792877 , I couldn't backup my IMEI, so I flash twrp with freegee again and flash f180l's kitkat baseband.

Its totally ok for then, I was using it and when battery 15% remaining phone goes off, I tried to switched on but it didn't on. Later I tried to go into recovery, 1st time and only once it went to TWRP recovery and it was showing 9% charge remaining in TWRP. I thought for low battery it doesn't on, so I select power off and plugged it for charging. On notification, it shows now red is always on and green is blinking also. I don't know it is charging or not.
I tried to go into recovery mode from fastboot, it never goes, even sometimes fastboot also goes off.
Tried to go into download mode, no luck.
when tried to switch on, it shows 'Google' logo with unlock sign at the bottom and sometimes show LG sign, then goes black or sometimes don't show LG sign, just go black.
should I go with teenybins? I don't want to get worse my situation more.
Please help me guys, I just bought it 2 days before... :(

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
Unlocked & relocked with freegee ...

HI dears
I've Unlcoked my OG E975 Int using freegee :( (Now I've understand what a horrible thing I've done!!!)& when I found out that the phone is not charging while off & just boots on when connecting charger (?) ,I thought maybe using classic method may help so first I RESTORED EFS BACKUPS & THEN RELOCKED BY FREEGEE! said successful !!! but after restarting I got SECURE BOOTING ERROR in the first "LG" logo!(not google),so means I couldnt use classic mode!which I DONT want to use! NEVER
SO now I must be on stock but I cant charge the phone again cause this time I have the secure booting error with"LG" logo, .
as I mentioned I have restored everything! why secure booting error? &...

Question: IF I FLASH THE KDZ NOW, WITH RElOCKED BOOTLOADER & SECURITY ERROR,
WILL THIS FIX THE PHONE (Problem of security)?
PLZ I'M in hurry, phone had only 70 percents charge!
If I dont act soon, maybe phone discharges enought to be risky to use download mode!
so will flashing fix my phone???
I've almost red all the threads about softbricks! I want to RESTORE TO STOCK! I AM ON STOCK! teeny bin will give me unlocked boot loader which I DONT want! do I have to pass all the steps you've mentioned or just flashing KDZ?(teenybin,cm,...)
any help i'm confused! thanks

Last edited:

yogivin

Account currently disabled
Mar 31, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
hey try this

Try to restore wid kdz ...boot error no probs..get in download mode n flash og kdz..is ur phone now e975 or e960???
Unlocjing might hv got it google logo n e960 model..try n update me

iakoboss7

hello,
i was on stock 4.1 and was unlocked with freegee. i then tried to relock it which kinda faild. i was able to flash the kitkat kdz though and everything IS ok.
after that i again used freegee and unlocked it!

so now i want to flash cm11 (and cm12 in the future) and custom kernels. but i dont want anything to happen to my device.

what should i do to relock my device and then use this method?

thank you very much and have a happy new year!

yogivin

Mar 31, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
hello,
i was on stock 4.1 and was unlocked with freegee. i then tried to relock it which kinda faild. i was able to flash the kitkat kdz though and everything IS ok.
after that i again used freegee and unlocked it!

so now i want to flash cm11 (and cm12 in the future) and custom kernels. but i dont want anything to happen to my device.

what should i do to relock my device and then use this method?

thank you very much and have a happy new year!

well i guess u have to keep t backup of EFS and other backups..so that u can relock it whneva u want..

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
thanks for the guide!a little Questions...

hey yogivin I appreciate it but since Im alittle scared Im gonna ask some Questions?:confused:
see I have first Restored EFS backups & then relocked! Yeah google logo has been gone!:) All happend in a day on stock 4.4.2!!!
but this time I get the secure booting error on the first LG logo not the second!
guys dont be madness if im not trying to flash quickly! Im just alittle scared of flashing with download mode!I 've heard there's possibility of perm bricking my device!? So thats why I'm scared!
so what should I use to flash? read many threads, Just want to ask your opinions!
Q: LG flashtool or LGNPST or KDZ updator?which is safer?how much battery is needed at least?
One repairer said I can flash your OG with box!but I guess that means opening the phone! I hate opening my OG!!!
you know flashing couldnt fix the freegee problem right?
Q: SO Is that possible that I flash & after that I get Secure booting on first lg logo again?
IF NOT, I'll do that!
hey dears Im seriously waiting for your help... I realy appreciate it!;)

Last edited:

yogivin

Mar 31, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
hey yogivin I appreciate it but since Im alittle scared Im gonna ask some Questions?:confused:
see I have first Restored EFS backups & then relocked! Yeah google logo has been gone!:) All happend in a day on stock 4.4.2!!!
but this time I get the secure booting error on the first LG logo not the second!
guys dont be madness if im not trying to flash quickly! Im just alittle scared of flashing with download mode!I 've heard there's possibility perm break my device!? So thats why I'm scared!
so what should I use to flash? read many threads, Just want to ask your opinions!
Q: LG flashtool or LGNPST or KDZ updator?which is safer?how much battery is needed at least?
One repairer said I can flash your OG with box!but I guess that means opening the phone! I hate opening my OG!!!
you know flashing couldnt fix the freegee problem right?
Q: SO Is that possible that I flash & after that I get Secure booting on first lg logo again?
IF NOT, I'll do that!
hey dears Im seriously waiting for your help... I realy appreciate it!;)

try wid lg flash tool..make sure t size f tot is below 1gb....i shud work..f doesnt work..then try kdz updater..n use kdz below 1gb..or upto 1gb
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2713704
follow this instructions

iakoboss7

well i guess u have to keep t backup of EFS and other backups..so that u can relock it whneva u want..

i have all the backups, what procedure should i follow to relock?

Hi guys
problem is when I tried to connect the charger while phone was off,didnt charge!
just phone started to boot!
so I restored the EFS backups & then Relocked bootloader!ALL on the stock 4.4.2a.
so there shouldnt be any problem! but after restart I got Secure booting error on the first lg logo!why that happend? I cant even charge phone again !but I have download mode.
will flashing kdz fix that error???
I've Read that flashing kdz doesnt work while unlocked! here:
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2667398

but as I know IM locked! only secure booting error!
I wanna back to stock & never unlock again... I love lg stock!
Q: I just want to make sure, will lg flash tool or kdz updater or etc surely fix secure booting error?
I only wanted to experience cwm & custom roms! I got a Nandroid & copied in pc by the way!

plz help me Im confused...

this is an example of what happened to me the last time.

so now... how should i do it to not have the same problem again?

Last edited:

yogivin

Mar 31, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
i cudnt relock my phone once..jjust went ahead wid the kdz..tried it in different ways and atlast my phone was next to hard brick..but stil cud get t download mode..so flashed the kdz atlast..so try 2 use my method..ul get t download mode atlast..and then u can try tot or kdz..hope u guys have the kitkat rom for e975

Reactions: M.M.K

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
I will try flashing...

Hey body your last situation has given me some hope!
Im gonna flash tomorrow & see if the security problem can be solved!
just stay a while! plus I said I restored EFS & relocked!
if you want to relock with freegee, try this:
FIRST CHARGE YOUR phone 100%! you cant when you get security problem...
then relock & after relock, restore efs backups - copy the backups in pc first
you know I guess you will get the security problem again!
but at least you have fully charged phone!!
not 50% like me.... :crying:
Im gonna give my OG e975 to some repairer to flash! my pc is terrible!
so I'll give you guys the result...
hope flashing will fix...:confused:
also I got the 4.4.2 KDZ (970) MB by giving the S/N to some lg site! that was so easy!!downloaded with ADM!
no one told me, is 50% charge enough for flashing or not???

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

found it!
http://lg-firmware-rom.com/
Just the place I got my 4.4.2 E975a stock rom.
just give the S/N & get your last kdz :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Ft.mohammadmahdi

yogivin

Mar 31, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Hey body your last situation has given me some hope!
Im gonna flash tomorrow & see if the security problem can be solved!
just stay a while! plus I said I restored EFS & relocked!
if you want to relock with freegee, try this:
FIRST CHARGE YOUR phone 100%! you cant when you get security problem...
then relock & after relock, restore efs backups - copy the backups in pc first
you know I guess you will get the security problem again!
but at least you have fully charged phone!!
not 50% like me.... :crying:
Im gonna give my OG e975 to some repairer to flash! my pc is terrible!
so I'll give you guys the result...
hope flashing will fix...:confused:
also I got the 4.4.2 KDZ (970) MB by giving the S/N to some lg site! that was so easy!!downloaded with ADM! :crying:
no one told me, is 50% charge enough for flashing or not???

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

found it!
http://lg-firmware-rom.com/
Just the place I got my 4.4.2 E975a stock rom.
just give the S/N & get your last kdz :D

Ya 50%charge s enuf

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
Flashed! security problem solved! unrooted! 4.1.2 again!

hey guys!
I have some good advice for you:p
I unlocked & relocked with freegee & faced secure booting error.
so today I gave my phone for flashing to an experienced guy.
yeah! every things gooood! problem of security solved!charging while off solved!
& The good advice:
Don't take any risk by flashing them with that flash tools!(in freegee problem at least)
believe me 5$ is not that much worthy even against the "possibility" of bricking!
Im proud to be coward for flashing in booting problem!
your only hope is download mode! what if you lose it?
You need to hold volume down & connect usb for download mode?
So try flashing with box! yeah! that guy connected the box to pc & phone to the box!
Just the time he connected the usb to device, it went to download mode automatically with no button!
it seems even the phone likes the box usb more than pc usb!
also no need to open the device! Thats for unbrick I guess.

in 10 minutes & 0%(maybe) possibility of bricking, the phone flashed & started up!
no S/N changing! because I restored the EFS I think(not sure).
no flash tool softs! He is flashing all sami,sony,lg,htc etc with an special app named octopus .box was Dlink.

believe me there are better options than that kdz updater etc...
Anyway try whatever you want! I just described what I did, as I promised!
now I've got the little OTA updates of 4.1.2 & gonna root it & install xposed & enjoy it!
dont want to get 4.4.2! I wanna enjoy Eco Mode! & Dalvik with xposed!:eek:
maybe unlocking with first method later...

Last edited:

yogivin

Mar 31, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
yeah

hey guys!
I have some good advice for you:p
I unlocked & relocked with freegee & faced secure booting error.
so today I gave my phone for flashing to an experienced guy.
yeah! every things gooood! problem of security solved!charging while off solved!
& The good advice:
Don't take any risk by flashing them with that useless tools!(in freegee problem at least)
believe me 5$ is not that much worthy even against the "possibility" of breaking!
Im proud to be coward for flashing in booting problem!
your only hope is download mode! what if you lose it?
You need to hold volume down & connect usb for download mode?
So try flashing with box! yeah! that guy connected the box to pc & phone to the box!
Just the time he connected the usb to device, it went to download mode automatically with no button!
it seems even the phone likes the box usb more than pc usb!
also no need to open the device! Thats for unbreaking I guess.

in 10 minutes & 0%(maybe) possibility of beaking, the phone flashed & started up!
no S/N changing! because I restored the EFS I think(not sure).
no flash tool softs! He is flashing all sami,sony,lg,htc etc with an special app named octopus .box was Dlink.

believe me there are better options than that kdz updater etc...
Anyway try whatever you want! I just described what I did, as I promised!
now I've got the little OTA updates of 4.1.2 & gonna root it & install xposed & enjoy it!
dont want to get 4.4.2! I wanna enjoy Eco Mode! & Dalvik with xposed!:eek:
maybe unlocking with first method later...

yeah..iv been ther..u had an option to get to the guy who would use the box for flashing the rom...i had no such option...so..i had to give it a shot...f u get a dowload mode..it can work..but f download mode doesnt show up...al u can do is get it done wid a JTAG box..n $5 is nothing for u..but in india flashin wid box costs a lot..xD...well..its good that uv got it solved..yeah neva eva **** wid ur phone.....njoi ur LG OG

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
yeah..iv been ther..u had an option to get to the guy who would use the box for flashing the rom...i had no such option...so..i had to give it a shot...f u get a dowload mode..it can work..but f download mode doesnt show up...al u can do is get it done wid a JTAG box..n $5 is nothing for u..but in india flashin wid box costs a lot..xD...well..its good that uv got it solved..yeah neva eva **** wid ur phone.....njoi ur LG OG
Hey yogivin
thanks for any guide you've gave to me!
Also actually I thought India is at least better than here! I 've paid 3 times more in our money! just converted our money to dollar! also sorry for eng problems...
I didnt trust that guy at first! I had made my choice to flash it myself this afternoon, when I saw an idiot one! but after a little searching I found who I wanted to flash! I had to go to some nearby cities to find an experienced one! He is flashing a phone per half an hour daily! I was shocked!
anyway Im so much thankful to you & anyone who wrote his comment!:fingers-crossed:
hope no one bricks his phone because thats such a really really bad pain!

Last edited:

iakoboss7

i have all the backups, what procedure should i follow to relock?

this is an example of what happened to me the last time.

so now... how should i do it to not have the same problem again?

so how should i relock to not get the secure problem? anyone knows?

also download mode and off-mode charging work with this way of unlocking?

Last edited:

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
how the first method unlock the bootloader?
does that just unlock the bootloader? doesnt it change bootloader with some other phones?
cause I read that E975,E970,F180,E97x has same bootloader !, I thought maybe that method may cause some problems?! maybe?

has anyone tried the first method?
Im going to try it ,hope I will not softbrick my device or sth else...

Last edited:

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
AH. this wan your first method umarfiaz?
this is mako again! now at least with freegee my wifi could work!
now it refuses to turn on!
now what can I do? can I do somthing to turn on wifi?
some one help... what can I do with wifi?

maybe flashing again the stock... will that fix every thing?

Last edited:

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
So yeah! First method is freegee too! But I can't say you won't be able to flash after that! I was able to flash again without relocking.but after unlock you'll lose wifi.
Now I'm just fine with a comfortable mind! No other ways for unlock which I didn't try!

Found some perfect modules for those who want to restore to stock(4.1.2):
Geemod (only for OG 4.1.2)*- native clipboard*- gravity box 4.1*-APM+ - custom share- boot manager-xinstaller**-flat style colored bars(perfect for 4.1.2)**-app settings-allowlongsms-forcefastscroll-ds battery saver-disable signature check-chrome pie-defaultapppicker*-vpn dialog-hidenotificationpanelhandle -...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ft.mohammadmahdi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Guide]Restore to Stock "Bricked" "Unlocked" LG Optimus G f180,E97x

The problem starts when you unlock F180 Bootloader with "freegee":

Unlock the bootloader
    :

There are 2 ways:
    Method 1: Unlock the bootloader
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/kzbp2gicuj22cv5/Tool_Root_Unlock_BL_4.1.2_edited.zip
    Advantages:
    - enough fastboot functions: Start, Power Off, Recovery mod, Restart Bootloader
    - Easy on the function keys
    -Cons:
    - To Relock, just you have to flash KDZ

Method 2: Unlock by app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.shell.freegee_free&hl=en
    Advantages:
    - Add.
    - Can be easily Relock by app.
    Cons:
    - Right to Recovery through app (on Stock Rom & 975).
    - Loss of function fastboot that this very important function.
    - When crashes, not able to Recovery by pressing hard.

It is recommended to use the first way. :angel:
    on E975, E970, E97.x unlock, select KT or SKT. Because E975 and the S / K has Same bootloader unlock.

i have already faced this situation to unlock bootloader with freegee and stuck with google logo and fastboot mode :crying:

not even KDZ flash working, always result in fastboot or KDZ tool stop working. also tried different KDZ and flashing Tools

Tried "TeenyBin" ,not success :crying: but get twrp working, then flash CM10 as suggested but got this

Subsystem Crash!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    DemiGod Crash Handler : Subsystem Crash! : External_modem (Undefined error)

Press key to choose Dload Mode/Reboot/Fastboot.
    1) Volume Up : Dload Mode.
    2) Volume Down : Reboot.
    3) Power : Fastboot.

to solve this have to remove sim card and change baseband in TWRP using ADB
    then perform a hardreset.

now the device comes in life again :)

but you find the device is not properly working may be sim or gprs or wifi or something else.

now have to unlock bootloader again by adb with this method

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kzbp2gicuj22cv5/Tool_Root_Unlock_BL_4.1.2_edited.zip
    Advantages:
    - fastboot functions: Start, Power Off, Recovery mod, Restart Bootloader
    - Easy on the function
    -Cons:
    - To Relock, you have to flashed KDZ
    after that will able to flash the stock KDZ without any problem :)

put device in D/W mode and flash it with appropriate official KDZ
    Guide to flash KDZ
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2388440
    :good:

have to follow the procedure because adb in recovery not able to replace the bootloader files

KDZ flash After mako bootloader unlock

step 1:
    use TeenyBin http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249500
    get twrp working, then flash CM10 for you device.

you will got this
    Subsystem Crash!
    DemiGod Crash Handler : Subsystem Crash! : External_modem (Undefined error)

Press key to choose Dload Mode/Reboot/Fastboot.
    1) Volume Up : Dload Mode.
    2) Volume Down : Reboot.
    3) Power : Fastboot.

step 2:
    to solve this have to remove sim card and change baseband in TWRP using ADB
    then perform a hardreset.

to reflash the bootloader files you have to enter in CM10 or some ROM with SU or busybox;

now the device comes in life in CM10
    now the device comes in life again

but you find the device is not properly working may be sim or gprs or wifi or something else.

now have to unlock bootloader again by adb with this method

Quote:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/kz...1.2_edited.zip
    Advantages:
    - fastboot functions: Start, Power Off, Recovery mod, Restart Bootloader
    - Easy on the function
    -Cons:
    - To Relock, you have to flashed KDZ
    after that will able to flash the stock KDZ without any problem

put device in D/W mode and flash it with appropriate official KDZ
    Guide to flash KDZ
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2388440

have to follow the procedure because adb in recovery not able to replace the bootloader files

UNLOCk steps:

enable USB debugging
    connect as MTP
    follow the steps in script :)

BROTHER..i have a LG E975..i unlocked bootloader and now have a mako bootloader installed..its model version is e960 i.e nexus 4..installed kitkat..now i want 2 get back to stock rom..but my model number is changed from e975 to e960..f i try to restock it with lg flash tool it say check phone model..can u plz help me brother :)..would be vry thankful to u

Edited: to show flash step by step :)
    Can you also add the step by step procedure to unlock bootloader using the first method? As in wether your phone should be in download mode, charge only mode etc etc.

enable usb debugging
    connect as MTP
    follow the script ;)
    Hey
    Yesterday I flash CM11 over stock 4.1.2 on my Optimus G (E975) and later decided to go back to stock again.
    Everything was done witouht problems using nand back up with CWM
    But later I realiced that M5 was out and, once again tried to install it but I couldnt

Dont know what happen but now while device is turning on, or trying to go into recovery or dowload mode screen is BLACk.
    Device is working properly, I mean I turn it off/on and no problem. Just cant enter fastboot, recovery or download mode.

I tried a couple method to go back to stock using KDZ but proceess stop and nothing, just keep pressing power buttom and phone reboot (just black screen during the process)

Please, any ideas/suggestions

O no please.
    I follow method one, I get succes message and now my wifi refuses to turn on. WTF

Update 2:
    Now Im screwed. I tried to install another recover with Rom Manager and now phone refuses to turn on.
    Something is detected in the pc while conecting it but I have only a black screen

Please what can I do??

have you tried TeenyBin http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249500
    Yes but I could solve that problem now.

One thing I learned: I will never install a custom rom on my OG. I had several devices before this one and always with custom roms. But with LG there are so many risks and problems to perform needed actions

Thanks

very true. iv learned the lesson too..it was risky to install stock back
    its not a cheap phone after all..moreover stock roms are the best ones. u wont get those features n qlides etc in custom