How to unbrick hard-brick Galaxy devices

Search This thread

pvmagician

Sep 2, 2008
www.1Tarrah.ir
Hi..
I read this tread, but i can't understand some thing, please HELP me!

Yesterday i try to downgrade my I5510 (2.3.6 Arkas => 2.2 Sammobile)

i do it:

1- Wipe data & wipe catch then reboot.

2- Flash Odin to Stock rom and then reboot (GT-I5510_DBT_I5510XWKPB_I5510XXKPK_I5510DBTKP1)

3- Flash to 2.2 (I get it from Sammobile, I5510XWJL6_I5510OXXJL4_AUT)

But now my phone screen is black and i can't go to the Download Mode or Recovery mod and etc.
I cant Power on my phone!

Just when connect it with usb cable to my PC (Win 7), and run Odin, The Yellow rectangle appear in odin and when i want to flash it, odin show it:

Code:
Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> setup connection...
<1> e - dll cannot setup connection with the target.
<0> Destroy instant..
<0> Killed timer

Please help me, i know i have some problem, because my language is not English!
I hope you understand me.

newyorksabre

Apr 26, 2012
My I727 was hard bricked after I did a wipe and this method worked for me, sort of. Instead of holding down Volume down I had to hold down Volume up and down to get it into download mode. I also had to have it plugged in via USB. Its odfd as it should of went into recovery, instead it went into download mode, from there Odin recognized it and I was able to reflash with no issues. My phone was a total hard brick, nothing worked, except this :)

jimmy080705

Dec 3, 2010
Scarborough QLD
Hi..

i do it:

2- Flash Odin to Stock rom and then reboot (GT-I5510_DBT_I5510XWKPB_I5510XXKPK_I5510DBTKP1)

But now my phone screen is black and i can't go to the Download Mode or Recovery mod and etc.

Just when connect it with usb cable to my PC (Win 7), and run Odin, The Yellow rectangle appear in odin and when i want to flash it, odin show it:

Code:
Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> setup connection...
<0> Destroy instant..
<0> Killed timer

Does not sound good! When I had setup connection issues I changed USB ports on the computer as the front panel ones were creating issues. Also u need to run Odin as administrator in win7.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

qiaojun

May 24, 2012
SGS2 SGH-I777 Gets Bricked !!! :eek:

Hi, to all SGS2 SGH-I777 lovers:

Correct me if the following is a "hard-bricked" situation:

i'm using the ROM ICS404-task650-aokp-Build-36 and perform Factory Reset using its Settings -> Phones -> Factory Reset. The system is rebooted and hangs at the Samsung logo screen for long without any response.

i power off and press Power button together with both Volume buttons and it hangs at the same screen too, even i take off the battery put it back subsequently and do the same steps. USB cable is then connected from SGS2 to PC and Odin shows no connection at all despite hearing USB recognition sound.

My solution to the situation:
1- Battery, SIM card and memory card are removed from SGS2
2- Attach SGS2 to PC via USB cable
3 - Press Power button together with both Volume buttons

4 - After Step 3, immediately, i'm able to see Downloading... screen (Thank God!)
5 - Insert the battery back to SGS2
6 - Odin is able to detect SGS2. Straightaway, i restore the stock ROM.
7 - Walla, SGS2 is back to the original condition!

Let me know if anyone successfully un-brick/restore your SGS2 using the above steps. Cheers!

Caifan09

Aug 2, 2010
Morelia
hello everyone Im having the same problem, rom manager bricked my device, I need help, Im stuck at set up connection and It wont pass that, what can I do please!!!

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Hi..

i do it:

Code:
Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> setup connection...
<0> Destroy instant..
<0> Killed timer

The same thing is happening to me, what can I do!!!

kafadar-42

Jul 19, 2012
hello everyone Im having the same problem, rom manager bricked my device, I need help, Im stuck at set up connection and It wont pass that, what can I do please!!!

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

The same thing is happening to me, what can I do!!!
and me.

giocrash

Aug 24, 2012
If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me.

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery, SIM and SD card, next connect your galaxy to the computer;

Step 3 – Hold Volume down + Power + Home button at the same time;

Step 4 – Insert the battery and wait a bit;

Step 5 – At this point Odin should have detected your galaxy ( Yellow rectangle should appear in your odin );

Step 6 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life.

If You Find My Post useful click thanks.

This worked !!!

You saved me a lot of money !
But i do wanna mention that after step 6 i had to do a factory reset and clear cache in recovery mode (hold menu button and power button)
because my system went into a rebootloop.

i love this site ! Thanks a lot!

Dil7nb

Aug 15, 2012
Help me!!!!! Samsung Galaxy I5510 is Bicked...

MY PHONE BACK TO LIFE!!!

tnx a lot.

how did u get ur phone back to normal plz help me!!!!:(
I'm also facing problem no downloading,no recovery mode only black screen.. but odin is detecting my phone when i hold Power+T key :confused::confused:...
<<Sorry For Bad English>>

blufox88

Oct 28, 2010
I recently had a serious isssue with my i9000..it was trapped in a bootloop and i could not access download mode or recovery mode. I gave it to some guy who charged me a ridiculous amount to fix it...can anyone tell me how he could have done it?

Helloworld294

Feb 25, 2012
Vancouver
Not sure maybe you should try to upload software dedicated for different mobile. Or upload kernel that was made for ICS to GB.

I am curious what is gonna happen let me know after trying these ones ;)

Typed with my I9001

Actually put the phone into download mode, connect to Odin and put some random file (I think zip) in "Bootloader" field, and flash it ;) it'll wipe your boot.ini and brick your device for good....I think

sent from the beast that ate my sisters IPhone 4S

Reactions: temyong69

ign1z

Nov 1, 2009
If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me.

Step 2 – Remove battery, SIM and SD card, next connect your galaxy to the computer;

Step 5 – At this point Odin should have detected your galaxy ( Yellow rectangle should appear in your odin );

omgggg !!!! you devil !

i couldnt believe it, it worked,

i have a galaxy i9100, which is the HOME button dont work anymore ....

at first my s2 was having yellow triangle with exclamation mark because of cwm and then its just black screen ...
i couldnt even try to get to download or recovery mode because of my ****in HOME button ... * i always using adb reboot recovery or download.

after did this crazy thing showed up there, suddenly my always-showing-blackscreen-hardbricked-i9100 going to download mode ?!?!

because of the joyfullness, i accidently tried to install the recovery rom for i9000 to my i9100 because its on the same folder :silly:, luckily it was always failed by odin 1.85 ...

and then now i have installed my default rom i9100xxki3, and im very grateful !!!
even if ur a man and im also a man, if u wanted me to kiss you, i would even kiss u !!!! :D
* i have even ordered my USBJIG just today (6 oktober 2012) for 5 Euros ... and now it will be useless !!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: mashaal95

okizen

Sep 30, 2010

I flashed i9100 firmware onto my i9000 by mistake and my phone is now dead. I tried your method but after loading up odin, all I get when I connect my phone is a rapid double sound from my pc followed by the usual usb connection sound but odin and my pc won't recognise my phone has been connected. Do you have any suggestions or solutions to get my phone working again?

Last edited:

speye007

Nov 4, 2012
Cairns
Black screen

I flashed i9100 firmware onto my i9000 by mistake and my phone is now dead. I tried your method but after loading up odin, all I get when I connect my phone is a rapid double sound from my pc followed by the usual usb connection sound but odin and my pc won't recognise my phone has been connected. Do you have any suggestions or solutions to get my phone working again?

Ditto have the same issue and would like to resurrect the ol trusty and while I'm here can someone tell me why I would have colour reduction and quality (16 bit colour and dark screen)?

Cheers

nagibmelo

May 6, 2010
GT-i9000b dead

Ditto have the same issue and would like to resurrect the ol trusty and while I'm here can someone tell me why I would have colour reduction and quality (16 bit colour and dark screen)?

Cheers

Guys,

I read all this thread and none worked for me, my GT-i9000b wont turn on or give any working sign at all, do you think riff box would fix it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

We should start wearing helmets with how loosely the term brick is being thrown around.

If you can revive the phone, it was never a brick in the first place.
    This works because it wasn't actually a hard brick (in that the bootloaders are damaged) and step 5 proves this (Odin would find nothing to communicate with). It's not common, but having download mode and recovery not work at first does happen at times.

Which is why the first recommendation someone who reports a bricked phone without download mode is to remove the battery for a period of time before replacing it and trying it again, which often fixes it in such cases.

I believe the act of removing the battery in your steps likely did the same thing with the rest being largely unnecessary/placebo.
    Are you sure about this? Ive heard that black screen=trashed bootloader=need Riffbox to resurrect . I dont belive that you are cheating people here,its awesome if this works! :)
    Bad, bad, bad rom manager. Have you punished it? Ugly rom manager, jumped into your phone without your knowledge, awful.
    now buy the jig from eBay, and submit invoice to this guy, who put ROM manager on your phone.:D