[DFT]Freedom ROM for Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1

Search This thread

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
Ive been getting 3g+ signals alot now , I never got that before (stock rom) , is this actually giving me that speed or are these false negatives?

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
Ive been getting 3g+ signals alot now , I never got that before (stock rom) , is this actually giving me that speed or are these false negatives?
When you see the 3G+, you are actually connected to HSDPA network. You "Should" be getting faster speed, but of course, it's reliant on a lot of factors: Tower, Network, Strength, Congestion, etc...

On the stock ROM, you still hit the HSDPA network, but this ROM 'Shows' you when you are on it.

PhoneTamer

May 30, 2009
Brandon
I'm having issues with MSS sending and receiving. Basically, it just simply doesn't work. Tried adding custom APN, reflashing, and all the basic stuff, and still nothing... anyone have any ideas? I love having internet sharing, but i also need MMS... Apparently my phone has a Rodgers network profile on it, and i'm on AT&T here in the US...

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
I'm having issues with MSS sending and receiving. Basically, it just simply doesn't work. Tried adding custom APN, reflashing, and all the basic stuff, and still nothing... anyone have any ideas? I love having internet sharing, but i also need MMS... Apparently my phone has a Rodgers network profile on it, and i'm on AT&T here in the US...

install or start the samsung network profile app. select first a different provider and then your provider like att .....

Reactions: vt2912

skirtsfly

Sep 20, 2009
Loogootee
Netflix app not working after Freedom install

Adore the cooked Freedom ROM! Having said that, my Netflix app isn't working now; far as I can determine, everything else is fine. I've uninstalled/reinstalled many times, soft reset, etc.When I tap on app icon, Netflix splash screen comes up for about 3 seconds then returns to app icon/list. No joy. Went through Netflix & Samsung tech support; they know no more than I.

Helpful suggestions appreciated!
Code On!

Last edited:

thegod2012

Jul 22, 2010
Coachella ca
error installing

wont boot pass samsung and dft says this

[Error Description]:

OS flash failed

[Info]: USBWorkDWPI.cpp (423)

[Error Description]:

cmd flash data failed

[Info]: USBWorkDWPI.cpp (348)

now it wont go pass samsung logo
i formated it but still wont boot

Last edited:

vince2121

Dec 13, 2008
Tempe
I have the same problem only I have tried to use the network profile app. It says rogers but wont let me change anything.
Using the registry editor, edit the following values to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\AutoDataConfig
RunADC=dword:1
ConfigurationStatus=dword:0
Attempt=dword:0
MaxAttemptsAlloweD=dword:3

Should work just fine now. Make sure to restart your phone after.

machhho

Feb 3, 2011
@ Cotulla

Is there anyway to add the arabic languge to you custom rom ?

thanks in advance

woodbane

Jan 25, 2008
Could someone running this ROM test something out for me?

If this ROM has the 3G toggle that allows you to set the data speed to EDGE, can someone try it out and see if it sticks with EDGE once selected, even after a reboot?

I'm trying to troubleshoot it in voluptuary's ROM as we can't get it to work and we are wondering if it's a trait of all DFT based ROM's.

Please post your results, many thanks!

kenikh

Nov 18, 2009
OK - update. Got past this issue by running the flash again:
[Error Description]:
OS flash failed
[Info]: USBWorkDWPI.cpp (423)

[Error Description]:
cmd flash data failed
[Info]: USBWorkDWPI.cpp (348)

On reboot, now I was stuck in "Do Not unplug" mode. Wiped the phone a few times, then after waiting, the phone finally booted.

Kinda scary, but it worked.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Question - Does "FullUnlock" not include Carrier/Network Unlock? After installing this ROM, my phone is still locked to AT&T.

I am assuming then that although MAGLDR hacks the bootloader and DFT ROM offers full root access, the Network is still locked unless I do an IMEI unlock.

Last edited:

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
Question - Does "FullUnlock" not include Carrier/Network Unlock? After installing this ROM, my phone is still locked to AT&T.

I am assuming then that although MAGLDR hacks the bootloader and DFT ROM offers full root access, the Network is still locked unless I do an IMEI unlock.

Quoting from Focus wiki:
Formatting, Flashing, upgrading, downgrading OS and firwmare doesn't affect Network lock (SIM lock).
Locks are in NVRAM - you do not overwrite this section by flashing firmware or formatting.
If the device is already SIM unlocked, flashing/updating/downgrading/formatting/etc the ROM will keep the phone unlocked.

So yes, your phone will still be locked to AT&T until you will enter your NCK code (unlock via IMEI).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DFT Freedom ROM Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1

ROM Version: DFT Freedom ROM Samsung Focus (SGH-I917)Rev 1.3 V1

SYS Languages: USA/CHT/CHS/JPN/KOR/ENG/FRA/ITA/GER/ESN/HUN/CSY/PLK/NLD/DAN/FIN/NOR/SVE/PTB/PTG/RUS/ELL

DFT Chef Team: mwang@DF

Release Date: Feb.07,2012

Device model: Samsung Focus (SGH-I917)Rev 1.3

Driver Version: 2124.11.9.4

SYS Version: 7.10.8107.79

Features

1 Add UC browser,Registry editor & Bazaar
    2 Combine 15 Ringtone from Samsung's Operator and 15 wallpaper from Samsung/HTC,remove some operator's software
    3 Few tweaks ,DFT FullUnlock support XAP IE download and install,full play XBL games
    4 Add "never,15,30" option to Lockscreen screen time-out,ISharing,Static MAC Address,3G or E option
    5 Add Dark Goldenrod,Crimson,Navy,Chinese Red,,Golden 5 accents ,CurrentAccent-Chinese Red for celebrate Chinese New Year
    6 New DFT "У*ґє(welcome spring)"for 2nd boot screen,Happy New Year wallaper for lock screen
    7 Knew issues with TouchXplorer

Important Notes

1 You must have DFT's MAGLDR installed on your device & Samsung device driver in your PC
    Link to MAGLDR installer thread
    2 Flash custom ROM always has a risk, be careful!
    3 Before doing anything, make sure you have more than 50% battery!
    4 Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

Disclaimer: This product is free to use at your own risk. We take NO responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.

Distribution

You are free to distribe this ROM after 8days of release date except friendship forum of DFT which allow to distribe after 5 days of release,but only WITH LINK to official source
    Under official source I am considering this thread on DFT
    This ROM NOT allow for commercial use also NOT allow xda.cn forum,nduoo forum to distribe or use this ROM
    You must NOT use any components from this ROM if you need free feel PM to me for permission
    I will collect feedback for the future development/improvements of this ROM series
    Please respect our work!

Download link

Special thanks

DFT developer team member - bepe,Cotulla,mamaich.....
    HD2Owner his hard working art work
    Julien Schapman for registry editor applications
    Lidan and Ofir Windows Phone Bazaar - Alternating Windows Phone Marketplace
    Special thanks for HTC Fanboys for file hosting.

Happy Chinese New Year and Welcome Year of Gold Dragon!!
    It's not that much of a departure from the Stock ROM, but a good start nonetheless.
    It has the wifi internet sharing option enabled, which was not present in the stock ROM for me.
    Also a major reason why battery life is so fantastic for me (17 hours, 92% with moderate usage, whatsapp, 2 push email accounts and location on) is because I don't have HSDPA/3G on this no. Which means I can toggle to Edge. This wasn't there in the stock ROM too.
    The tweaks mentioned by the OP and the removal of a few apps might have made the system snappier and battery friendly too.

It's a good start mate. This isn't a spit and polish job. It's a good custom ROM.

Very informative and thank you for taking the time!

Quoting from Focus wiki:
    Formatting, Flashing, upgrading, downgrading OS and firwmare doesn't affect Network lock (SIM lock).
    Locks are in NVRAM - you do not overwrite this section by flashing firmware or formatting.
    If the device is already SIM unlocked, flashing/updating/downgrading/formatting/etc the ROM will keep the phone unlocked.

So yes, your phone will still be locked to AT&T until you will enter your NCK code (unlock via IMEI).
    Could you please remove spyware UC browser, which redirects both web data and user information to its own site? We need a clean ROM.

I had no ideal what you talking about , do you download the rom from this thread download link ? where is UCWEB in my 22 langs ROM ? can you show me ? can you read the thread one more time ?

UCWEB only in 3 langs ROM which didnt release in here and its release at DFT.cn for Chinese member only , if you download from DFT,cn than you not allow complain in here because in here 22 langs rom dont had it, got that ?
    It's not that much of a departure from the Stock ROM, but a good start nonetheless.
    It has the wifi internet sharing option enabled, which was not present in the stock ROM for me.
    Also a major reason why battery life is so fantastic for me (17 hours, 92% with moderate usage, whatsapp, 2 push email accounts and location on) is because I don't have HSDPA/3G on this no. Which means I can toggle to Edge. This wasn't there in the stock ROM too.
    The tweaks mentioned by the OP and the removal of a few apps might have made the system snappier and battery friendly too.

It's a good start mate. This isn't a spit and polish job. It's a good custom ROM.