[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Okay If you guys have a moment, i don't think i've seen this one flying around yet. And just got it from Tom_Codon.
Tested it and it worked of the bat in my Raphael.

CM Wifi INternet Sharing.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Testing both your package and the package i just made from Tom's Stuff.
Compressed PNG's and Exe. Hour Max, it's not online yet.

If most of us Cookers get good results from it i can Cab it for the rest of VGA users.

OEM in a minute.

Maybe we should start a new Cooking Thread next to the repository instead of hogging This thread.

It's your Call Hilaireg?

Tachi Dialer is still bugging out on me, looks like it requires another component cooked in, Can you check if Concurrence Manager has an Entry for this?
CM INternet Sharing will be up in the Repository Thread in a Moment.

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Testing both your package and the package i just made from Tom's Stuff.
Compressed PNG's and Exe. Hour Max, it's not online yet.

If most of us Cookers get good results from it i can Cab it for the rest of VGA users.

OEM in a minute.

Maybe we should start a new Cooking Thread next to the repository instead of hogging This thread.

It's your Call Hilaireg?

Tachi Dialer is still bugging out on me, looks like it requires another component cooked in, Can you check if Concurrence Manager has an Entry for this?
CM INternet Sharing will be up in the Repository Thread in a Moment.

How is it bugging out? I am using the concurrence manager from Raphael.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009

It's your Call Hilaireg?

Sounds like a great idea since most of these packages will work with any kitchen. This thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=509974) was sort of heading in that direction. Don't know if there's any value in cleaning it up some and changing the title to something more meaningful.

PS: still looking forward to having a look at some of the packages (ex: Vol Control) you're putting into your ROM. ;)

Last edited:

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
Sounds like a great idea since most of these packages will work with any kitchen. This thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=509974) was sort of heading in that direction. Don't know if there's any value in cleaning it up some and changing the title to something more meaningful.

PS: still looking forward to having a look at some of the packages (ex: Vol Control) you're putting into your ROM. ;)

please check your PM :D

and please have a look at my save file :)

Attachments

• 090707.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 3

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
please check your PM :D

and please have a look at my save file :)

Had a look at the file; did you try it with Opera 9.5 b16702 to see if you experience the same problem?

If so, I suggest going through the .PROVXML's in the DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0 package to see if there is a configuration change that is causing the problem with your carrier network.

What were the results of the test scenarios I posted here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4091905&postcount=1015
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4053456&postcount=996

Never did get a response.

Last edited:

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
To confirm; you compiled a new ROM using the 6.1.21051 VisualKitchen that you set up as follows:

- Downloaded Visual Kitchen 6.1.21051
- Downloaded & Applied the 27062009 Fix Pack
- Downloaded & Applied Tools Update 1.3 or 1.6
- Downloaded & Applied Pack 1
- Downloaded & Applied Pack 2
- Downloaded & Applied Pack 3
- Downloaded 21051_Test_ERV_Profiles.zip I attached a few posts back
- Loaded the test profile and deselected Rogers RILPHONE
- Compiled a ROM

Assuming the above, I need exact details from you in order to help you solve the problem as I am not able to reproduce it here - i.e. it works as expected for me.

Yes i have done the above.

The last screen capture you posted pertained to Opera 9.5.b2392; I need you to test the following scenarios now and clearly document what you are doing so that I can try the same steps on my end.

Test 1: Windows Mobile Media Player

Which file types are not playing? If you have samples, send them to me so that I can test them.

So far MP3, MP4 are fine. from my sd card, but anything from the net isn't loaded

Test 2: HTC Player (via TF3D)

Which file types are not playing? If you have samples, send them to me so that I can test them.

No problem with the above files, but i don't know how to test with streaming video on this?

Test 3: RTSP Stream - Windows Media Player

Use the Open URL option in WMP and try playing the stream below. Did it play when connected via ActiveSync? Did it play when connected using 3G? Did it play when connected via WiFi/Bluetooth/etc?

AUDIO: rtsp://inet.orban.com/3gp/cherish.3gp
VIDEO: <is there such a thing?>
Tried using with 3G and i get that error.
I can't try using activesync or wifi/bluetooth etc as the site can only be accessed using 3G

Test 4: RTSP Stream - HTC Streaming Application

Use the HTCStreamMedia application and try playing the stream below. Did it play when connected via ActiveSync? Did it play when connected using 3G? Did it play when connected via WiFi/Bluetooth/etc?

not working - get the same error

Test 5: RTSP Stream - Opera 9.5 b16702

Use Opera and try playing the stream below. Did it play when connected via ActiveSync? Did it play when connected using 3G? Did it play when connected via WiFi/Bluetooth/etc?

get the same error

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
Had a look at the file; did you try it with Opera 9.5 b16702 to see if you experience the same problem?

If so, I suggest going through the .PROVXML's in the DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0 package to see if there is a configuration change that is causing the problem with your carrier network.

What were the results of the test scenarios I posted here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4091905&postcount=1015
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4053456&postcount=996

Never did get a response.

as much as i appreciate you for trying your hardest to help me... i'm such a newbie and don't even know the bit you mentioned above :(

would it be possible for you to maybe from the file i gave you, modify it and give it back to me to load then create the rom from there??

or if it's not too much, maybe you can create the rom for me :D ?

again... sooooo sorry. i'm new to this kind of things :(

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
as much as i appreciate you for trying your hardest to help me... i'm such a newbie and don't even know the bit you mentioned above :(

would it be possible for you to maybe from the file i gave you, modify it and give it back to me to load then create the rom from there??

or if it's not too much, maybe you can create the rom for me :D ?

again... sooooo sorry. i'm new to this kind of things :(

Your .ERV profile is fine; the only things I would change in your profile is: remove ATI Video Driver, add RSSHub, and use Opera 9.5b16702.

Compile a ROM with the above changes and let me know if that works. If it does, it's either an ATI issue or RSSHub dependency ... honestly, i don't believe it's either but try it anyway to confirm.

Cheers,

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
Your .ERV profile is fine; the only things I would change in your profile is: remove ATI Video Driver, add RSSHub, and use Opera 9.5b16702.

Compile a ROM with the above changes and let me know if that works. If it does, it's either an ATI issue or RSSHub dependency ... honestly, i don't believe it's either but try it anyway to confirm.

Cheers,

ok, will do that.

and will keep you updated!!

Thanks!

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21

Cheers,

THANK hilaireg!!!!

All GOOD NOW!!!

THANKS A LOT!

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
I had a look at the RSSHub package and there's nothing in there that would cause a problem ... so that leaves the ATI driver.

Strange that the display driver would cause an issue with audio streaming.

Anyway, glad things worked out.

:)

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
I had a look at the RSSHub package and there's nothing in there that would cause a problem ... so that leaves the ATI driver.

Strange that the display driver would cause an issue with audio streaming.

Anyway, glad things worked out.

:)

will that affect anything else?

i mean, if i don't have video driver installed, will anything that requires video (eg games) slows my touch pro down?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
will that affect anything else?

i mean, if i don't have video driver installed, will anything that requires video (eg games) slows my touch pro down?

Well, you always have a video driver installed - in this case the native D3DM driver that shipped with 20771. I've been using the native D3DM driver since the beginning and haven't encountered any issues ... mind you, I only have the games that shipped with the OS (solitaire, etc.).

I encountered another issue with a member where screen rotation wasn't functioning correctly when the ATI driver was being used where returning to the native D3DM driver solved the problem. The ATI driver that is in the kitchen was from an earlier Diamond build, and I'm starting to suspect that it may no longer be compatible.

Cheers,

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
[KITCHEN][WWE]: Windows Mobile 6.1, 5.12.206.1, 21051/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

I don't hear from many folks, I suppose no news is good news, so I'm not sure how many even use this WinMO 6.1 kitchen anymore. For those who are interested and/or still follow this thread, here is the latest round of updates:

Updated: Legacy & Visual Kitchen
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Da_G's Simple ROM Kitchen

Added: OEM Packs

Added: ROM/SYS Packs

Last edited:

alcadeias

Dec 7, 2008
bucharest
I am still using 6.1 on my TP and I check this thread regularly so I want to thank you for all the hard work you put into building and updating these kitchens (especially visual). Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
Still on 6.1 on a Fuze using a flash from one of your early updates to the legacy kitchen in April. Still following the thread. Since my results were so good from the April flash, I've been reluctant to toy with it.

I am sticking with 6.1 and will use this kitchen for the next flash.

Regards