[important note] ICS LEAK FIRMWARE ZIP and DOWNGRADING

Search This thread

mreyesems

Mar 10, 2011
Bronx
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I downgraded my hboot to the eng hboot, even wiped out what i felt was safe through the fastboot oem commands and nothing worked to fix the virgin mobile eri issue.

At this point, nothing is messed up, my 3G works fine, my 4G works fine.. On my device, it's essentially a cosmetic issue. Just kind of irritating seeing Virgin Mobile all the time when i know damn well I pay for Sprint service.. I guess it's just me being anal about things..

If I figure out how to fix it, I will let you guys know.
:mad:

closeone

Jan 11, 2012
I popped both the dzdata_4g.hdr and a dzdata.img from a 1.13 RUU into a HEX editor.

The strings

Starting with Ct show up in both files.

From the HDR File:
Code:
Ct..(...........Ct..0...........Ct..8...........Ct..@...........Ct..H...........Ct..P...........Ct..X...........Ct..`...........Ct..h...........Ct..p...........Ct..x...........Ct..€.

Notice the 0, 8, @, H, P, X . . .

Here are some stuff at different offsets from that .img:

Code:
Ct..0....
Ct..8.
Ct..@...
Ct..H...
Ct..P...
Ct..X...

^-- Something is in there..

I don't know enough about it, but there.

~co~

droiddawg

Dec 29, 2010
Yeah what Droiddawg said, if we knew our Evo 3D's partition map like that, it'd be as simple as pulling the dzdata_4g.hdr out of a stock (well, not with vm firmware) Evo and flashing back.

Unfortunately it didn't exist until this update. It was a single dzdata.img not 2 files: dzdata_4g.img and dzdata_4g.hdr. It's the same concept how the sensation article states.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

People with connectivity problems should try flashing the newest radio (and wimax) that came before the ICS, then flash the ICS over it again. Contrary to popular belief, sometimes you have to do the intermediate steps, too. I can bet the people with issues have stuck with an older radio and its working out like ICS for the Droid 2. You had to flash gingerbread first to get all the parts in place for the update to work.

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Look guys i simply took a file someone else uploaded and removed a few files that wiped your data. There was no evil intent, and i even warned about the virgin mobile thing. Fortunately for me, my phone still works fine even with the virgin mobile eri banner, which is easily changed. Hell, I'm not even in my home state at the moment so I'm having every opportunity to test 3g and it works fine

I don't know what to say but I sure meant no harm with someone else's leaked software. To be honest, the real sprint software will probably contain all the same files but tailored for sprint if anyone who is having problems wants to wait.

Last edited:

retnuh730

Nov 30, 2010
Mississippi
this is nice to know, but we dont have a ruu yet so there is no testing this. the firmware we flashed wasnt complete and was missing stuff. when we get sprints ruu we will know for sure. this might explain the more free ram tho.

Exactly. We flashed a leaked rom with leaked firmware. If it was completely done, we'd have a release or a leak without problems.

aaronagis

Jun 25, 2011
Salem
i keep getting "radio interface resource shortage" when sending texts... it sucks.

im on the ICS firmware, previously on 2.17

Genesis Nova

May 1, 2011
Unfortunately it didn't exist until this update. It was a single dzdata.img not 2 files: dzdata_4g.img and dzdata_4g.hdr. It's the same concept how the sensation article states.

Yes true, but if this is anything *remotely* close to what was posted earlier dzdata_4g.hdr flashed to a specific partition, even though these are 2 different phones, the logic should be the same. And for arguments sake lets assume there's no dzdata_4g.hdr in our previous RUU's because there's been no reason to ever change them? I mean we have a lot more partitions on our phone than the RUU has files for.

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
Look guys i simply took a file someone else uploaded and removed a few files that wiped your data. There was no evil intent, and i even warned about the virgin mobile thing. Fortunately for me, my phone still works fine even with the virgin mobile eri banner, which is easily changed. Hell, I'm not even in my home state at the moment so I'm having every opportunity to test 3g and it works fine

I don't know what to say but I sure meant no harm with someone else's leaked software.

You caused no harm to me! I love it man!:D

Reactions: freeza
J

JohnM

I don't know what to say but I sure meant no harm with someone else's leaked software.

Freeza, I did not mean to make my post towards seem like it your zip causing problems. I meant that the leaked firmware zip is what is causing it... nobody here had any harmful intents...

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com

no harm, we wouldn't know much with out testing. this is part of the android development. i flashed it and i didnt have issues at all, other then my phone getting the black screen of death lol. but thats not related.

closeone

Jan 11, 2012

I hope people realize that. You did this to help others. I appreciate and respect you and your work.

~co~

JoeLithium

Sep 10, 2010
Westhampton Beach
Try making a phone call. It might throw an error and connect you to sprint. A representitive will ask a few questions and give you a few instructions. Then your phone should work done. Worked for me. I don't know if they are logging some **** but, I have a completely working phone now with ICS.

Reactions: jaystl420

retnuh730

Nov 30, 2010
Mississippi
Try making a phone call. It might throw an error and connect you to sprint. A representitive will ask a few questions and give you a few instructions. Then your phone should work done. Worked for me. I don't know if they are logging some **** but, I have a completely working phone now with ICS.

Happened to me when I flashed an AOSP rom way back in the fall. Connected and didn't have any problems any more. Probably having to do with sprint handling ICS phones differently or somehting.

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
Also for people having data problems, whenever I have them it helps by reseting your data profile. If you do ##data# enter your msl then click edit, then click on data profile, then in the top left click menu, and from there click restore. It'll reboot and handsfree activate. That usually fixes any network problems for me. It may or may not fix the text issues. ymmv :D

arqbrulo

Jun 19, 2010
Texas, U.S.A.

I don't know what to say but I sure meant no harm with someone else's leaked software. To be honest, the real sprint software will probably contain all the same files but tailored for sprint if anyone who is having problems wants to wait.

No worries. I'm sure we all knew that flashing something that was not meant for our phone could have some drawbacks. Your intentions were good, and you honestly tried to help others. Right now I'm out of the country, so I don't even know what sort of problems I have (or will have) with Sprint. For now, everything is working (like I said, network has not been tested yet).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    all i know is i better wake up to 6000 thanks after i get this
    me either, and me too....fingers crossed for u guys

i dont have issue either.. so why am i even doing this??

cause freeza is my buddy :) and to help u all
    Mind sharing the patched PG86IMG? My network connection is fubard right now i almost got nothing to lose. Have to reboot serveral times just to make a call.

attached....

TESTED: hw002 retail phone w/ 1.04 ENG hacked bootloader
    flashed this, rebooted - and PRI ver matched what i hex-edited into the file, so this is proof the file flashed.

the Virgin Mobile PRI is 1.53.144 this is THE 2.17 SPRINT PRI WITH A PRI# OF 1.54.145 - if your phone reports 145, it accepted this file.

now we need to deal w/ the other file (rfg_1.img)

still working on rfg1

btw - been messin w/ this ALL day - so no kernel progress :(

and i have NEVER ever posted something on xda that has not been flashed (one) of my phones 1st..