[ROM] CodenameSammy 1.2 +++TouchWiz+++ Google Speed + Samsung Candy

Search This thread

Louis235

Jan 14, 2013
Münsterland
If you downloaded with this link (http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22964708692722511) then you downloaded and flashed the version for the Nexus Phone and not the Nexus 7.... wrong one.

Are you able to get back to another ROM or are you completely stuck on the Google screen?

Thank you for answering. I'm back on stock, no problem (I had a backup). But really don't know how to install this promising ROM. I find some links are a little irritating as they lead to different versions (even for different phones:rolleyes:) (NOT meant as an offence). And that's why I asked for the right link.
Greets

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
I guess the author took down all links for the rom and no one seems to have a mirror. I just searched for a half hour looking for a download link or mirror and no luck.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Louis235

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
Ok so you're all going to laugh at this but any of you can re-create this ROM easily with 2 flashes in recovery with (seemingly) any JB ROM, I just did it with CM10.2 (4.3.1) and it works just the same as the ROM that was once posted in the OP. Here's how:

1. Flash your JB ROM of choice (4.2.2, 4.3, 4.3.1) I chose CM 10.2

2. Reboot into Recovery again and flash this Samsung add-on pack http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22964708692722510

From there you can flash Google Apps or a custom kernel or whatever your little heart desires :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] CodenameSammy 1.2 +++TouchWiz+++ Google Speed+Samsung Candy
    timthumb.php

Intentions:

Our goal is to enrich Googles Jelly Bean experience with cherry picks from Samsungs successful TouchWiz Nature UX environment. It is not a ported TouchWiz ROM, it is based on the very stable and customizable CodenameAndroid ROM.

We decided to include some apps, which were ported by us and other xda-members and some apps from google play to get many Samsung features. We think it is useful and completes the Android experience, but some of you might think it’s ‘Bloat’. So we decided to put many apps in data-partition. That way they can be updated through Google Play or uninstalled like regular apps.

Features &Infos:

- All Codename Android 3.6 Features (see original thread)

- Samsung TouchWizUX

TouchWizUX Launcher Features ported from Galaxy S3 by Froilson, we adopted it for Nexus 7)

- 6×6 Home Screen Apps-Grid
    - Up to 7 Home Screens
    - 6 apps in dock bar + menu
    - Page indicator for quick navigation (Home, Menu & Widgets)
    - 6×6 Drawer Apps-Grid
    - 4×3 Widgets Preview
    - Folders in App Drawer!
    - Drawer View Types: Customizable grid, Alphabetical grid, Listview
    - Hide applications
    - Share Apps
    - Very smooth AND responsive performance

Included Apps and Media

- Samsung S3 Accuweather Widget
    - Samsung Task Manager
    - Samsung Memo App
    - Samsung Yahoo News Widget
    - Samsung Wallpapers modded with HD Pictures from Galaxy Note 10.1
    - Samsung Paper Artist from Galaxy Note 2
    - Samsung ChatON
    - Samsung TecTile (NFC)
    - Samsung Clock
    - Samsung S3 Notification Sounds
    - Samsung S3 Alarms
    - Samsung S3 System Sounds
    - Samsung App Icons
    - Google Apps
    - Flipboard
    - FlashPlayer
    - MX Player
    - Super Video (Pop up Play)
    - Playboard
    - Astro FileManager
    - ROMmanager
    - Smart Rotator (important!)

Installation:

1. Flash via Recovery or ROM Manager. It will reboot automatically.

Wiping is only needed if you should encounter unexpected problems.

Known Bugs:

- Touchwiz Launcher Landscape mode: doesn’t work properly. Please use Smart Rotator to disable Rotation for touchWiz App only. 1. Open Smart Rotator 2. Select TouchWiz home and set ‘Auto for all’. 3. Select ‘TouchWiz home’ once again and set ‘Portrait’. 4. Now exit the app and make sure Rotation is locked (check symbol in notification drawer

- Weird Shadows: remove the apps with the broken shadow from the home screen. Adding them the next time everything will look fine

Credits:
    Quote:
    CodenameAndroid
    Samsung
    pfsolutions
    DemiDoef
    dhiru1602
    last1left
    kage00
    Jarmezrocks
    froilson
    special thanks to 02Luis02 for supporting me and madphone

Donations are welcome:

DOWNLOAD-PAGE
    UPDATE V 1.2

Changelog:

• updated base
    • updated gapps
    • soundfix
    • added tablet mode
    • new kernel included
    • touchwiz optimised
    • added sony walkman app
    how about a jb note 2 rom as a base?:good:

Sorry, we can't take ROMs from other devices as a base! We are only some writers and hobby modders at mrmad.net, no skilled developers. By the way, there is no big difference between the launcher base ported by froilson and note 2 launcher (i'm writing a review about that device at the moment)

When will we see V1.5.1 for Nexus 7?

We are waiting for 4.2 ROMs, don't want to start over again in a few days. Hopefully we will see Jelly bean 4.2 tomorrow.
    Ok so you're all going to laugh at this but any of you can re-create this ROM easily with 2 flashes in recovery with (seemingly) any JB ROM, I just did it with CM10.2 (4.3.1) and it works just the same as the ROM that was once posted in the OP. Here's how:

1. Flash your JB ROM of choice (4.2.2, 4.3, 4.3.1) I chose CM 10.2

2. Reboot into Recovery again and flash this Samsung add-on pack http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22964708692722510

From there you can flash Google Apps or a custom kernel or whatever your little heart desires :D
    I don't see no tablet mode. I checked the one in settings but it still looks bad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

To activate TABLET UI - - Go to Settings - - Interface - - General - - check FORCE TABLET UI (Don't reboot) - - LCD Density - - Press STEP 1 and change it to 160 - - Press STEP 2 to reboot.

Once rebooted go back to LCD Density and complete steps 3 & 4 then click on STEP 5 and change density to 200 - - reboot & profit!!! You now have Tablet UI.

Thanks madphone & smalldookie for adding this much needed feature :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2