Root for 14.2.A.1.136?

Search This thread

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
You can always use nut method for upgrade but it doesn't support this version i guess.

or you can always go for a custom rom which is prerooted.

i know there is a method will sure work.

-use flashtool flash custom kernel
-go to cwm flash a zip file (update_supersu.zip) provided by someone in xda, credit to tat person!
-finally flash stock ftf with only kernel.
-done! rooted!

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
@chunlianghere, @thalada, What are you doing People? From all the links just one is correct, for .290. Also NEVER give advice to Unlock Bootlader because users cannot be aware of the risk doing this like lose Permanently DRM Keys and Warranty, FOREVER. Because if you do not advice of the risk someone can Unlock the Bootloader then lose DRM keys and if so it will NEVER be relocked and warranty will be void permanently, so before give advice learn what is all about!

@SpawnCube, the .136 cannot be rooted directly but can be Rooted with the method by NUT for Locked Bootloader. If your Model is C6903 you can downgrade directly to .534 with FW provided by NUT to not lose IMEI, then Root with Bin4ry, then Update to .290 with the instructions given HERE, when you have .290 rooted you are ready to update to .136 with the same method HERE.

For different Models the downgrade have to be done differently, downgrade to .257 FW First, then to .534 FW to not lose IMEI, but you will update anyway so there is no problem even if you will lose it.

Watch the Video Tutorial How To in the first Link for .290. It will explain all.

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
@chunlianghere, @thalada, What are you doing People? From all the links just one is correct, for .290. Also NEVER give advice to Unlock Bootlader because users cannot be aware of the risk doing this like lose Permanently DRM Keys and Warranty, FOREVER. Because if you do not advice of the risk someone can Unlock the Bootloader then lose DRM keys and if so it will NEVER be relocked and warranty will be void permanently, so before give advice learn what is all about!

@SpawnCube, the .136 cannot be rooted directly but can be Rooted with the method by NUT for Locked Bootloader. If your Model is C6903 you can downgrade directly to .534 with FW provided by NUT to not lose IMEI, then Root with Bin4ry, then Update to .290 with the instructions given HERE, when you have .290 rooted you are ready to update to .136 with the same method HERE.

For different Models the downgrade have to be done differently, downgrade to .257 FW First, then to .534 FW to not lose IMEI, but you will update anyway so there is no problem even if you will lose it.

Watch the Video Tutorial How To in the first Link for .290. It will explain all.

cannot relock? flashtool can do that.

got risk or not, its all in the forum/thread. it depends on whether that person wan to search n do some homework or not.

we cannot be forever spoon feed everything rite? :)

anyway i tink only samsung will lose IMEI. dont tink sony phone will. all the previous sony phone tat i hav, didnt encounter any lose IMEI.

tat is y i love sony instead of samsung. samsung is too complicated. :D

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

got risk or not, its all in the forum/thread. it depends on whether that person wan to search n do some homework or not.

anyway i tink only samsung will lose IMEI. dont tink sony phone will. all the previous sony phone tat i hav, didnt encounter any lose IMEI.

That sound like you try to be smart without know anything about it. So then you should go back to read the whole Xperia section before Post.

If you Unlock Bootloader you will lose DRM Key permanently and you warranty will be void forever. To avoid that You have to Backup TA, to Backup TA you need Root, but if you Unlock Bootloader before have root you will lose DRM. It is clear NOW?

I think only Samsung lose IMEI? Read again the whole Xperia section and Rooting Section.

If you love Samsung because is not so complicated then you are in wrong section.

Last edited:
Reactions: pdaaalex

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
That sound like you try to be smart without know anything about it. So then you should go back to read the whole Xperia section before Post.

If you Unlock Bootloader you will lose DRM Key permanently and you warranty will be void forever. To avoid that You have to Backup TA, to Backup TA you need Root, but if you Unlock Bootloader before have root you will lose DRM. It is clear NOW?

I think only Samsung lose IMEI? Read again the whole Xperia section and Rooting Section.

If you love Samsung because is not so complicated then you in wrong section.

i m just letting SpawnCube that there is a way to root it.

so tat thread will point out about the danger n risk of losing DRM key. got it?

err...open your eyes BIG! or u don understand english? no offence :)
"tat is y i love sony instead of samsung. samsung is too complicated."

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Reactions: wanderbracht

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
You did not, you put him in a wrong way.

You got it now?

I see, my bad, but I understand how do stuff on Z1.

actually i dont care much about DRM key anyway. send for warranty only if hardware is spoilt. the most ask them do last warranty repair.

if DRM key n warranty is so much important, than sony would hav "Bootloader unlocked: NO" for all phone in the world

actually sony doesnt do the warranty n repair. it depends on the company in tat particular country. like example for doomlord, his one is only flap damage, but can get 1 to 1 exchange. tat shows tat how good the company is in tat country.

unlocking bootloader n rooting is pretty much standard.

technology n software is improving at a fast rate. the most i get a latest newer phone. :)

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
actually i dont care much about DRM key anyway. send for warranty only if hardware is spoilt. the most ask them do last warranty repair.

if DRM key n warranty is so much important, than sony would hav "Bootloader unlocked: NO" for all phone in the world

actually sony doesnt do the warranty n repair. it depends on the company in tat particular country. like example for doomlord, his one is only flap damage, but can get 1 to 1 exchange. tat shows tat how good the company is in tat country.

technology n software is improving at a fast rate. the most i get a latest newer phone. :)

Ok, here you are right but you have to understand that, what is not important you, it may be important for others, especially when we talking about Warranty.
We are here to give advice, then we should do this in the right way and inform users of any risk.

Reactions: wanderbracht

aeroclubber

Feb 18, 2014
Ok, here you are right but you have to understand that, what is not important you, it may be important for others, especially when we talking about Warranty.
We are here to give advice, then we should do this in the right way and inform users of any risk.

hey eclyptos, hope you still around this thread.

i quite agree with you, since i am one of those who care about warranty.

I hope it's fine to make a question about rooting here 'coz i can't make post on there. anw, i've been trying to follow the steps on here, but i find some trouble.

My status is :
Device : Xperia Z1 C6903
Build number : 14.2.1.136

what I did was :
Installing Flashtool 9.13 on PC
Download C6903_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip and put it on my first page of SDcard on device
Download C6903_14.2.A.0.290.Stripped.tft inside flashtool/firmwares folder on PC
Install TWRP on my device (can’t be used, root needed), can’t create a backup *step 5 failed*

XZDualRecovery Question : I’ve download it, connect my device to PC then enable USB debugging mode. Execute the install.bat from XZDualRecovery and choose number 2. Does anything really happened? *step 6 failed?*

Then I install the flashmode and fastboot drivers from flashtool folders. Tried to flashmode C6903_14.2.A.0.290 Brand Generic NCB but it stopped halfway.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
hey eclyptos, hope you still around this thread.

i quite agree with you, since i am one of those who care about warranty.

I hope it's fine to make a question about rooting here 'coz i can't make post on there. anw, i've been trying to follow the steps on here, but i find some trouble.

My status is :
Device : Xperia Z1 C6903
Build number : 14.2.1.136

what I did was :
Installing Flashtool 9.13 on PC
Download C6903_14.2.A.0.290.flashable.zip and put it on my first page of SDcard on device
Download C6903_14.2.A.0.290.Stripped.tft inside flashtool/firmwares folder on PC
Install TWRP on my device (can’t be used, root needed), can’t create a backup *step 5 failed*

XZDualRecovery Question : I’ve download it, connect my device to PC then enable USB debugging mode. Execute the install.bat from XZDualRecovery and choose number 2. Does anything really happened? *step 6 failed?*

Then I install the flashmode and fastboot drivers from flashtool folders. Tried to flashmode C6903_14.2.A.0.290 Brand Generic NCB but it stopped halfway.

The Video Tutorial on that thread explain very well what you should do, did you watched it?

You have to downgrade via Flashtool to .534 FW provided by NUT to not lose IMEI, Root the Firmware with Bin4ry, when you are rooted instal Dual Recovery, then follow the instruction to update directly to .136 from HERE.

All the files you find in .290 thread, Post #3, Watch the Video, then follow .136 thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey

Can someone tell me how to root on this version or link something please

Thanks in advanced :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632808

If you love Samsung because is not so complicated then you are in wrong section.
    i m just letting SpawnCube that there is a way to root it.

You did not, you put him in a wrong way.

so tat thread will point out about the danger n risk of losing DRM key. got it?

You got it now?

err...open your eyes BIG! or u don understand english? no offence :)

I see, my bad, but I understand how do stuff on Z1.