Considering purchase, some help apreciated!

Search This thread

AllanJacques

Nov 27, 2007
Vancouver
Ok, so I am considering buying a tablet Z2.

Being a happy owner of the tablet Z I am quite fond of sony bute some aspects got me thiking if this model is worth a shot, conseidering that I have a tablet z already.

As far as I could grasp the tablet Z2 should have almost same performance as my Z1 (phone) on a day to day task basis, as I use the tablet mainly to read ebooks, browse net and open large pdf files from work.

That being said I was wondering how Tablet Z2 would compare to competition such as Galaxy note 2014 and Tab pro 10 as they both have superior resolution than Z2 tab.

Anyway, I am posting here so you could show me aspects mainly on the resolution front.

Thanks in advance!

Please change to right section?

Last edited:

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Ok, so I am considering buying a tablet Z2.

Being a happy owner of the tablet Z I am quite fond of sony bute some aspects got me thiking if this model is worth a shot, conseidering that I have a tablet z already.

As far as I could grasp the tablet Z2 should have almost same performance as my Z1 (phone) on a day to day task basis, as I use the tablet mainly to read ebooks, browse net and open large pdf files from work.

That being said I was wondering how Tablet Z2 would compare to competition such as Galaxy note 2014 and Tab pro 10 as they both have superior resolution than Z2 tab.

Anyway, I am posting here so you could show me aspects mainly on the resolution front.

Thanks in advance!

Please change to right section?

??? Strange question...

The resolution is the same as on the Tablet Z which you have. So... er... are you satisfied with it or not??

The resolution on some other tablets is higher, yes. Don't you have a shop near you where you can test it?

I also have a Nexus 7 (2013) and a LG G2; the lower resolution of the Tablet Z2 is NOT an issue for me, the difference is really neglegible.

The Only Ozzy

Jun 3, 2011
Ft Lewis, WA
Yes, the resolution is lower. But it is still a 1080p display. Not to mention it has the Bravia engine, which makes up most of the difference in my opinion. I have no buyer's remorse, and have not had the loose bezel issue that is mentioned above. For features the z2 is about the same when compared to the note 2014. The edge Sony has is the front facing speakers. Samsung has the stupid pen thing and a bigger battery to support their better display. Samsung also has a sh!tload of bloat ware that noticeably slows the device down. Get the Z2, you'll be a happy camper.

Sent from my SGP511 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

malutki

Oct 5, 2013
Yes, the resolution is lower. But it is still a 1080p display. Not to mention it has the Bravia engine, which makes up most of the difference in my opinion. I have no buyer's remorse, and have not had the loose bezel issue that is mentioned above. For features the z2 is about the same when compared to the note 2014. The edge Sony has is the front facing speakers. Samsung has the stupid pen thing and a bigger battery to support their better display. Samsung also has a sh!tload of bloat ware that noticeably slows the device down. Get the Z2, you'll be a happy camper.

Sent from my SGP511 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

And I say get Note 2014. It is so much better than Z2. I love the pen and the screen on the Note is much better than on Z2.

Last edited:

Pondy

Sep 2, 2008
Brisbane
And I say get Note 2014. It is so much better than Z2. I love the pen and the screen on the Note is much better than on Z2.

I'm not sure about this. I have a note 2014 that I am selling to fund my Z2 Tab purchase. Note 2014 - very disappointing. Laggy as all hell.
Yeah the screen resolution is nice, as is the s-pen. But a very disappointing experience. Can't wait to get rid of it.

I'd suggest you try out both for yourself first though. The Note 2014 is quite heavy and uncomfortable to hold - just my experience.

If you're interested:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171309687692

Last edited:
Reactions: The Only Ozzy

tumpin

Mar 10, 2009
if you have the

If you have a Z1 tablet already Im not sure its worth buying the Z2. Its virtually the same. If you didnt have either of them before then I would say pay the extra to get the Z2 but its not worth upgrading if you already have the Z1. No point getting a Note either, its all more of the same unless you are that desperate ffor a higher resolution screen.
The new Nvidia and Snapdragon chips come out soon. New tablets wont be far behind. Keep your Z1 for a bit longer and wait for the nextgen tablets to come out.

trainplane3

May 20, 2010
I'm in the same boat. I have a 2013 Nexus 7 and the screen sensitivity (or lack of it) is driving me crazy. I just want to throw this crap out the window and get something that's solid and works.

Skogstoken

Apr 27, 2014
I'm in the same boat. I have a 2013 Nexus 7 and the screen sensitivity (or lack of it) is driving me crazy. I just want to throw this crap out the window and get something that's solid and works.

A late reply but if thats your criteria I wouldnt bother with the Tablet Z2 cause alot of people, myself included, have trouble with touch sensitivity. But I guess you already know that. Hopefully Sony will fix it tho!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Note 2014 is quite heavy and uncomfortable to hold - just my experience.

This.

540 g - that is 110 g more than the Tablet Z. Makes a huge difference.

I'm not sure about this. I have a note 2014 that I am selling to fund my Z2 Tab purchase. Note 2014 - very disappointing. Laggy as all hell.
    Yeah the screen resolution is nice, as is the s-pen. But a very disappointing experience. Can't wait to get rid of it.

I'd suggest you try out both for yourself first though. The Note 2014 is quite heavy and uncomfortable to hold - just my experience.

If you're interested:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171309687692