LAVA Iris 406Q Root access

Search This thread

shariq.a28

Jul 5, 2013
Hello All,

its being almost a month since Lava iris 406q have been launched but no one reported this getting rooted :(

Well from my side i tried following methods but no luck yet
1. framaroot all version
2. king o root
3. unlock root pro
4. eroot
5. rootkit
6. root genius 1.9.3

This contains Snapdragon MSM 8610 mother board and jelly bean 4.3 , every thing is cool with this device except internal memory which is too less and hard to have multiple obb files in it ,so root is mandatory .

If some one comes up with any solution or have rooted then please let every 1 know

@Moderators ,

I am not very sure whether this is proper topic to start this thread , in case it has to move please suggest , Ass such this is one of the most wonder full device and if we can have a seperate thread it woulb be helpful for all

Regards,
Shariq

shariq.a28

Jul 5, 2013
Please be very very carefully using something like vroot for rooting your device. It is downloading binaries onto your computer and your device. In the case of vroot it is also collecting information from the device during the rooting process. This is why xda is classifying vroot as a form of malware and not because of the root exploits it contains. I usually close vroot threads, but that wouldn't be fair to the OP in this case, since he didn't start this as a vroot thread. So please, can we keep the vroot support to a minimum and look for another way of rooting this device.

Thanks buddy , thats what i have been talking to people for long ...........vroot is not atall safe and even people who have reported this being working doesnt looks real .........i know one person personally having this worked some time back but eventually with update it went back to unroot mode , problem is even if u root , it doesnt unroot and then no other software manage to root it again coz , ur bios. kernel is already hacked .

Sep 19, 2013
Can anyone please post a guide on how to root this phone without vroot?

I tried rooting it thru vroot yesterday but was unsucessful. I had recently received an 25mb update. Any other method?
I want to root the phone for the below mentioned reasons :-

1. 1 I want to play high end games (by installing them on the external memory card i have)
  2. 2 move most of the non system apps to the external memory card , right now the " move to SD Card" option moves apps to the internal sd card.
  3. Further setting the "Prefererred Install Location" in the "storage" section of settings to "external storage(SD card)" does not help much.
Any way to do these without rooting?

shariq.a28

Jul 5, 2013
I tried rooting it thru vroot yesterday but was unsucessful. I had recently received an 25mb update. Any other method?
I want to root the phone for the below mentioned reasons :-

1. 1 I want to play high end games (by installing them on the external memory card i have)
  2. 2 move most of the non system apps to the external memory card , right now the " move to SD Card" option moves apps to the internal sd card.
  3. Further setting the "Prefererred Install Location" in the "storage" section of settings to "external storage(SD card)" does not help much.
Any way to do these without rooting?

Rooting is the only solution to ur problem but it seems no one has done it yet ...... 25 mb update wel i too received but it did not got updated completely but only partially ....... how is the case with u ?

Sep 19, 2013
Rooting is the only solution to ur problem but it seems no one has done it yet ...... 25 mb update wel i too received but it did not got updated completely but only partially ....... how is the case with u ?

Hi Shariq,

i have rooted it using Root Genius PC application :good:
For the 25 mb update, please contact lava service center guys, they will guide you to the nearest service center where you need to take your phone and they will update it,

Now for playing games like asphalt , i tried link2SD .folder mount , gl to sd. but unsuccessful, :rolleyes:
Please guide

shariq.a28

Jul 5, 2013
Hi Shariq,

For the 25 mb update, please contact lava service center guys, they will guide you to the nearest service center where you need to take your phone and they will update it,

Now for playing games like asphalt , i tried link2SD .folder mount , gl to sd. but unsuccessful, :rolleyes:
Please guide

hi Shreesh ,

if its rooted then you should be able to gl to sd which should be enough for this device , please download root checker and check if ur device is actually rooted with full root access

shariq.a28

Jul 5, 2013
after njoying rooted device for almost 2months , now glto sd mount folder etc stopped working ,my cell is still rooted bt gl to sd is still pointng to internal storage , all i did was just an update to asphalt 8,please help if any 1 aware of this isshe

shariq.a28

Jul 5, 2013
Hi Shariq,

Please guide

Hi Shreesh

is your problem resolved ? , any luck so far , seems like even i have reached at the same state

Abhi2014

Aug 9, 2014
SuperSU working

Try these following steps, u will find SuperSU installed in your device:
- Install SuperSU from Google Play.
- Now update the SuperSU from Google Play [ONLY] once installed. (Note: Do not try to update from SuperSU apk itself,it will throw err: Failed to update binary)
- You will find SuperSU is installed corectly and it is showing version 2.01 (as in my case).
- You may need to remove KingUser apk from system. (No worries, the root willbe taken care by SuperSU apk now).
[/FONT][/FONT]

Abhi2014

Aug 9, 2014
Need stock/custom rom for Lava Iris 406Q

Can anybody please provide the stock rom/custom rom for lava iris 406q, my device is not working properly after root.

Its been a while now and nobody has created a stock rom for this device, even no rom is available in internet as well.

Pleeeeeeeeease i am badly in need of stock rom (in .zip format), i will be really helpful.

Once any1 person will provide stock rom, we can infact create more roms out of it.

kandy.singh

Aug 14, 2014
Chandigarh
Wts d problem can u tell me plzz

via androidkandy.blogspot.com

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

I also own this phone . my phone is rooted .tell me how to extract ROM . my phone performance is excellent

Abhi2014

Aug 9, 2014
Wts d problem can u tell me plzz

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

I also own this phone . my phone is rooted .tell me how to extract ROM . my phone performance is excellent

My device is rooted via MtkDroidTools and Kinguser is installed. But somehow when i restarted my phone, it is not going past LAVA bootscreen....Also the red light is seen on the top.
If you have any updated CWM for this device, i can factory reset my device and lets pray it works!!!!

I do not have/created any custom rom, i am still in need of those.

shariq.a28

Jul 5, 2013
Sorry for the late reply,Shariq. I am still unable to use gl 2 sd and other related apps to play high-end games.For now I really want someone to do custom roms for this phone, KitKat release by lava seems a distant dream.

Thanks buddy, well it seems i have the solution to your problem since recently it has happened to me as well

1. unroot
2. get ur phone updated to latest firmware from service centre
3. root using root genius 1.9.6 (latest)
4. get gl to sd version 2.3 and then tin tidin u r done ....

gl to sd 2.3 is probably the most unstable version but works well with another unstable jelly bean 4.3 :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please be very very carefully using something like vroot for rooting your device. It is downloading binaries onto your computer and your device. In the case of vroot it is also collecting information from the device during the rooting process. This is why xda is classifying vroot as a form of malware and not because of the root exploits it contains. I usually close vroot threads, but that wouldn't be fair to the OP in this case, since he didn't start this as a vroot thread. So please, can we keep the vroot support to a minimum and look for another way of rooting this device.
    Hi Sariq,

I am using the same phone and have successfully rooted it using vroot method.

1) First download and install mobogenie.

2) Connect your phone and wait for while till it downloads and install USB drivers of your phone.

3) Now install vroot and use it too root your device.

4) Enjoy :)

Sent from my iris 406Q using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Yes anybody please create a separate thread for the device.

Sent from my iris 406Q using XDA Free mobile app
    Root

Guys, stock rom 1.3 GB is available here:
    http[:]//androidxda[.]com[/]download-lava-stock-rom-firmware

also today I got a message from Lava about kitkat update,
    when i checked for update then a new update of 425.12 MB was available
    I am currently downloading it, although speed ~80KBps from Lava servers.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Good news guys,

I finally installed that update and now I have kitkat on my iris 406Q.

Android version : 4.4.2
    Kernel version : 3.4.0
    Build number : Lava_iris406Q_S130_20140925

:laugh:
    OK but can u tell me who to get root access in this Phone again i have tried most of the method none of them work :(

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Guys, stock rom 1.3 GB is available here:
    http[:]//androidxda[.]com[/]download-lava-stock-rom-firmware

also today I got a message from Lava about kitkat update,
    when i checked for update then a new update of 425.12 MB was available
    I am currently downloading it, although speed ~80KBps from Lava servers.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Good news guys,

I finally installed that update and now I have kitkat on my iris 406Q.

Android version : 4.4.2
    Kernel version : 3.4.0
    Build number : Lava_iris406Q_S130_20140925

:laugh:
    OK but can u tell me who to get root access in this Phone again i have tried most of the method none of them work :(