well...................u could also install XP or win 7
as virtual or as another boot.

thats how i do it.. ;)

ashwinds

Aug 10, 2010
well...................u could also install XP or win 7
as virtual or as another boot.

thats how i do it.. ;)
Have you tried as a VM on mac osx? None of them work that way because OSX has some issues connecting to the galaxy. Only way to make it work is Windows on a bootcamp.

Last edited:

Ibanez33

Mar 29, 2010
Have I tried as a VM on mac osx? None of them work that way because OSX has some issues connecting to the galaxy. Only way to make it work is Windows on a bootcamp.

I'm using windows 7 (32) running in vmware to flash mine..
and i'm running OSX

(also this is probably more Q & A the dev related)

ashwinds

Aug 10, 2010
Geee! that sounds very promising!! I've been surfing the forums for someone who has it going on vmware and you are the first I have come across! Any changes you had to make? For most of us, the device will appear and disappear - maybe it is because of 32 bit windows 7... must try. Thanks

ashwinds

Aug 10, 2010
Geee! that sounds very promising!! I've been surfing the forums for someone who has it going on vmware and you are the first I have come across! Any changes you had to make? For most of us, the device will appear and disappear - maybe it is because of 32 bit windows 7... must try. Thanks
Had to test this and i can confirm that i can indeed run Odin now from Vmware on Mac OSX. I am not sure when this started happening but Benjamin on the Heimdall forum was saying that there were some changes by Samsung in the secondary bootloader of the i9000 which would allow people to connect. Perhaps its this - but anyway - works now - even tried a flash to make sure its ok.

sharetop

Oct 20, 2005
i run a virtual machine with windows XP at Ubuntu OS . it can update i9000 by Odin.

Sent from my GT-I9088 using XDA App

S

SBVerlee

Never mind, it's already posted here.

Last edited:

shrooms90

Oct 16, 2010
Buchs SG
I have no problem flashing my phone with odin. Im on mac running win7 (32) over paralells desktop.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Ibanez33

Mar 29, 2010
Had to test this and i can confirm that i can indeed run Odin now from Vmware on Mac OSX. I am not sure when this started happening but Benjamin on the Heimdall forum was saying that there were some changes by Samsung in the secondary bootloader of the i9000 which would allow people to connect. Perhaps its this - but anyway - works now - even tried a flash to make sure its ok.

Maybe something did change as I was orignally running 64bit on my virtual machine and that never worked. although I did load the drivers so I don't if thats what did it??

shrooms90

Oct 16, 2010
Buchs SG
Maybe something did change as I was orignally running 64bit on my virtual machine and that never worked. although I did load the drivers so I don't if thats what did it??

That should be the cause of. U can run a 64bit os as a vm but officially only 32bit is supported. (this counts for paralles. Dont know how it is with othet progamms)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
You could use Heimdall, it us cross-platform.

+1

another vote for Heimdall,

you'll find it in the SGS DEV forum

icon14.gif

Benjamin Dobell

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Melbourne
www.glassechidna.com.au
Just thought I'd stop by and confirm that Samsung have fixed the secondary bootloader. The new Sbl.bin is included in official (Norwegian etc.) Froyo releases. If you're running a non-official release then the updated bootloader may not have been included.

Now the Galaxy S is functioning under OS X I've released Heimdall OS X binaries and instructions on how to use them. They can be downloaded from the official Heimdall page on my website.