[Q] My photon q(gsm) can't boot into the system after flashing CM10.2/CM11

Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
when i installed it and was rebooting the first time i was thinking it will not boot.
because it stoped at the moto logo. no boot animation. but i waited 10min or more. Then it was coming up.
since that iam able to reboot normaly

Flash back to stock using RSD Lite.

huhu1312

Aug 14, 2010
Düsseldorf
ya i really like it. good working rom. battery useage is ok.
one bug i noticed is that when u leave the range of a wlan network u are connected to u loose all connections.
then i can not take a call and 3g etc isnt working, too. but after a restart of the phone all is working again.
and i cannot connect my lapdock like in all other roms above 4.0.4

but some other things i like is the update function. u can set if u want nightlys or only stable versions. u can make it manually or set a time to look automaticly for updates.
and this rom got a working push function ;]
iam not sure if all have that problem but the most roms for the xt897 not always give me push messages (hangouts, whatsapp..) when the screen was off. after i turned it on they was coming mostly. sometimes 2-3h to late :(

foot2142

Feb 5, 2014
I tried that in different variations. The easy thing to do is taking the recovery.img getting built by the CM build-process and choosing "format /data and /data/media" there. This actually creates a filesystem which makes e2fsck happy.

What also works is running "e2fsck -y /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata" from the terminal or an adb shell in OR after the first boot. This will produce a lot of output about broken entries but will finally finish.

The third solution should be just waiting for a long time on the bootloader-image, as e2fsck is running (and producing the same output you could see in OR, but it's not visible). I straced e2fsck and saw that it was actually fixing errors while the phone seems stuck in the bootloader image. Prepare to wait for 15 to 20 minutes.

The big question is: Why does the filesystem created by OR or TWRP has so many errors in the first place and what is CWM doing differently so the fs does not have these problems?

Here is a bit of the straced e2fsck running while the phone was on the bootloader screen:

Regards,
Michael

My problem has been solved!!
I have just waited for almost 30min then it booted up. And since then, it can reboot normally.

Reactions: Die Bruine

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
It seems I'm having the same problem. Formatted data, reflashed Recoovery TWRP 2.6.3.1 like a zillion times. After a second reboot the phone won't boot. I'll just keep it in the charger and hope the mainboard isn't fried when I wake-up later.

Will post in the morning.

foot2142

Feb 5, 2014
It seems I'm having the same problem. Formatted data, reflashed Recoovery TWRP 2.6.3.1 like a zillion times. After a second reboot the phone won't boot. I'll just keep it in the charger and hope the mainboard isn't fried when I wake-up later.

Will post in the morning.

Try the latest OpenRecovery and wait for about 30min or more when the phone seems won't boot. My issue was solved by this way.

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
I did. I've been doing this on all 5 phones. This is the first time it happened on CM11. I recall this happened to me once before on CM10.2 but on my Razr HD.

Thanks anyway! Phone booted just fine now. Very strange behaviour.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your issue (you can boot to CM10.2 or CM11 only once, subsequent boots stall at fsck of userdata partition, cache, modem and persist partitions are never mounted, init does not progress to "on post-fs" or "on post-fs-data" stage...) is known to be caused by previous attempt to encrypt the storage.

This issue can be fixed by flashing the stock recovery and wiping data using the stock recovery.
    Then you can flash a custom recovery again and install CM, it should work fine then.
    Hi,

same issue here. You can boot in CM again if you wipe or format /data, but only once. It seems the kernel gets loaded and is then stuck in the initrd (At least that's what I'm guessing from last_kmsg). I have no idea what's going wrong.

Tried reformatting everything, but this did not fix it.

Regards,
    Michael
    I tried that in different variations. The easy thing to do is taking the recovery.img getting built by the CM build-process and choosing "format /data and /data/media" there. This actually creates a filesystem which makes e2fsck happy.

What also works is running "e2fsck -y /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata" from the terminal or an adb shell in OR after the first boot. This will produce a lot of output about broken entries but will finally finish.

The third solution should be just waiting for a long time on the bootloader-image, as e2fsck is running (and producing the same output you could see in OR, but it's not visible). I straced e2fsck and saw that it was actually fixing errors while the phone seems stuck in the bootloader image. Prepare to wait for 15 to 20 minutes.

The big question is: Why does the filesystem created by OR or TWRP has so many errors in the first place and what is CWM doing differently so the fs does not have these problems?

Here is a bit of the straced e2fsck running while the phone was on the bootloader screen:

Regards,
    Michael

My problem has been solved!!
    I have just waited for almost 30min then it booted up. And since then, it can reboot normally.