[Q]Can't open camera CM10

Search This thread

kj4pvf

Feb 9, 2013
Hey guys, as you may tell I'm newly registered, but have been looking for a solution for my problem for a while now.

I have the Sprint Galaxy S3 16GB and flashed CyanogenMod 10.0 along with the Ktoonsez kernel. Everything works perfectly, but when I open the camera, it says "Can't connect to the camera". The camera works when I re-flash the stock rom, so it's not a hardware issue.

I've followed this thread but my firmware is ZHFJ02 whick isn't any of the download options.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Android Attack

Feb 2, 2013
Ohio
Hey guys, as you may tell I'm newly registered, but have been looking for a solution for my problem for a while now.

I have the Sprint Galaxy S3 16GB and flashed CyanogenMod 10.0 along with the Ktoonsez kernel. Everything works perfectly, but when I open the camera, it says "Can't connect to the camera". The camera works when I re-flash the stock rom, so it's not a hardware issue.

I've followed this thread but my firmware is ZHFJ02 whick isn't any of the download options.

I would suggest to try to flash an M snapshot of CM10.1 and try to use the camera on that. I use CM10.1 as a daily ROM, its battery life for me has been just about the same as CM10 and I haven't found any bugs that concern me. It may be worth a shot just to see if the camera work on CM10.1. Good luck!

Reactions: kj4pvf

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
I would suggest to try to flash an M snapshot of CM10.1 and try to use the camera on that. I use CM10.1 as a daily ROM, its battery life for me has been just about the same as CM10 and I haven't found any bugs that concern me. It may be worth a shot just to see if the camera work on CM10.1. Good luck!

What snapshot do you use

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

kj4pvf

Feb 9, 2013

I have flashed 10.1 snapshot, but no dice. I think it's more of a lack of firmware than the rom itself.

Android Attack

Feb 2, 2013
Ohio
What snapshot do you use

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

I am running the latest M snapshot which can be found here. Its date added is: 2013-01-21 02:18:19 and it is 163.46 MB.

I have flashed 10.1 snapshot, but no dice. I think it's more of a lack of firmware than the rom itself.

Were you on Ktoonsez kernel? Also, what gapps are you flashing?

kj4pvf

Feb 9, 2013

I was on Ktoonsez for 10.1 as I am now, and I flashed the correct kernel for 4.2 because I triple checked before I flashed.

When I installed 10.1 I flashed the 20121212 gapps.

Right now, on 10.0, I'm using 20121011.

I got the gapps from roozwiki

SconnieRoadie

Mar 8, 2012

Per other suggestions, and not trying to browbeat you, but flashing to a newer better version of CM (10.1 M version) is a not too burdensome final solution to your problem.

But if you are loathe to do it for some unstated reason... nm.

HTH

Sconnie

kj4pvf

Feb 9, 2013
Thanks guys. I will upgrade to 10.1 just with stock kernel to see if that fixes the problem. Just one more quick question, can I use the built in CM upgrade to upgrade directly or do I need to re-flash with the new gapps?

All help is greatly appreciated

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Samurai7314

Feb 9, 2013
I'm unfamiliar with the cm updater.

I use ROM manager to download and install updates, and I install the gapps every time.

ROM manager notifies me when a new nightly is available.

sent from a secret underground bunker

I'm having the same issue but it's happens on other rooms as well.
Any suggestions

kj4pvf

Feb 9, 2013
Well I updated to 10.1 experimental but the camera still isn't working. MMS isn't working either. :confused: thanks for all the support in advance.

mjben

Well I updated to 10.1 experimental but the camera still isn't working. MMS isn't working either. :confused: thanks for all the support in advance.

How are you at wiping partitions and flashing zips?

Personally, I would mount and format the system partition, then install the cm zip and gapps. Wipe you're caches and then I would expect everything to work fine.

Remember, always make a nandroid backup!

kj4pvf

Feb 9, 2013
Well what I've been doing is:

1. Go into clockwork and wipe data and cache partition

2. Wipe cache partition just to be safe

3. Wipe dalvik

4. Flash rom then gapps and restart.

That's how I've been doing it this whole time

mjben

Ok, that sounds basically OK. You probly don't need to wipe your data, at least not right away.

Before flashing the ROM and gapps, go to mounts and storage, then mount system, format system, then flash ROM and gapps.

I wouldn't bother wiping data unless I had more problems afterwards.

kj4pvf

Feb 9, 2013
I did what you recommended but it still didn't work. As an interesting side note, the partitioning is a little odd. All my personal info and downloads are in a sub folder called /0/ Just wondering if that's normal

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
I did what you recommended but it still didn't work. As an interesting side note, the partitioning is a little odd. All my personal info and downloads are in a sub folder called /0/ Just wondering if that's normal

The 0 folder is normal, from JB and up all data is stored there (why, I dont know)

Sent from my PG06100

Samurai7314

Feb 9, 2013
Ok, that sounds basically OK. You probly don't need to wipe your data, at least not right away.

Before flashing the ROM and gapps, go to mounts and storage, then mount system, format system, then flash ROM and gapps.

I wouldn't bother wiping data unless I had more problems afterwards.

I've tried all suggestions listed on this to fix the same issue on any ROM's I use. Would there be a mod or something out there that I could flash to replace it. All I get is a failed to connect to camera.

kj4pvf

Feb 9, 2013
I dunno man. You may consider going 100% stock and cleaning up any signs of root and flashing and then, if the camera still isn't working, take then phone back to Sprint and see about exchanging it.

The camera works 100% in stock, even when rooted and with a custom kernel, the camera works with the stock rom.

Must be a firmware issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to Settings > Applications > Gallery/Camera App > Wipe Data

No flashing involved

Sent from my PG06100

What snapshot do you use

What snapshot do you use

I am running the latest M snapshot which can be found here. Its date added is: 2013-01-21 02:18:19 and it is 163.46 MB.

Hmm, this may have just revealed the root of the problem. When I go into Settings > Apps, I can find Gallery and wipe its data. But Camera doesn't show up anywhere on the list, even in the 'All' section. It seems the app may not be installed.

Nope, in JB and up the Camera is included in the Gallery.apk file, so you're good

Sent from my PG06100