WARNING : ROM Manager

Search This thread

Aspire

Dec 27, 2011
Vancouver
WARNING!!!

Don't use ROM Manager!!!!
It'll brick your phone!!!!

Don't even think of installing ROM Manager on your phone. All it's gonna do is brick your phone....
So my advice is, abstain from using ROM Manager until they officially support our phone.

Till then, use the unofficial port of Clockwork Recovery Mod by tj_style.

the complete package is also attached with this post.

DO NOT FLASH IT ON FROYO!!!

If you need any further assistance, please continue the discussion here.

Download CWM.ZIP here

Edit (17-8-12)
It seems like adityam533 has found a method to make ROM manager work on G-Fit.
For further details, go >>>here<<<

Last edited:

arzakem

Feb 16, 2008
yes thanks for the heads up. anyway, ROM manager does recognize and uploads a rom for Galaxy Mini which is not for Fit. The newest Rom Manager can detect the ported CWM recovery so it might be seeing our phone as Galaxy Mini. Installing from it could brick your phone in the process. Last night I did flashed the Touch enabled CWM recovery thru CWM Recovery Mode from the other post and it worked fine.

abhinav2196

Mar 9, 2012
WARNING!!!

Don't even think of installing ROM Manager on your phone. All it's gonna do is brick your phone....
So my advice is, abstain from using ROM Manager until they officially support our phone.

Download CWM.ZIP here

Yes... I had corrupted my motherboard... My phone went dead after tapping on backup rom in rom manager. Will never use rom manAger in future

Sent from my GT-S5670 using XDA

dahi

Dec 21, 2011
It is true. Britch S5670 was due to this program. The guarantee, they did change the motherboard.

alaric.m

Oct 26, 2011
WARNING!!!

Download CWM.ZIP here

when will our phone be supported mini already is bt not us

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
when will our phone be supported mini already is bt not us

Even the supported devices have been bricked because of it...ask about it in the mini and ace forum...
We already have a good enough way to flash cwm...

Typed on a small touchscreen

faatoos

Feb 10, 2012
hello, I am the victim fell from the program and can tell me what else our need me to do with my device, should be replaced any part or program only ?

Stereo8

Oct 24, 2012
Beograd, Serbia
Yes... I had corrupted my motherboard... My phone went dead after tapping on backup rom in rom manager. Will never use rom manAger in future

Did the same f****** thing... But with my Mini a year ago. Same story. Flashed CWM and I pressed Nandroid Backup... LAst thing my poor Mini did. Ever :'(

wm_shi

Dec 22, 2012
Shanghai
Currently impossible, the only way to fix it is getting it to Samsung to replace the Motherboard...
Did this with my phone, yay for warranty =)

But I still can't understand why rom manager can destroy the motherboard.
If this is the truth, any other rooted android program can do such things to destroy your phone.
I don't think the phone factory might do such a design.
It's too dangerous to use this phone!

AXAz0r

Sep 24, 2012
Belgrade
auroraproject.xyz
But I still can't understand why ROM manager can destroy the motherboard.
If this is the truth, any other rooted android program can do such things to destroy your phone.
I don't think the phone factory might do such a design.
It's too dangerous to use this phone!

Well ROM Manager doesn't, flashing the CWM Recovery with it bricks the phone, my theory is that some of the data gets lost, or maybe the ROM Manager just can't write to the RFS partition, or doesn't support it completely, at least the one on our phone, it formats the whole phone, but that's only my stupid theory =)

wm_shi

Dec 22, 2012
Shanghai
Well ROM Manager doesn't, flashing the CWM Recovery with it bricks the phone, my theory is that some of the data gets lost, or maybe the ROM Manager just can't write to the RFS partition, or doesn't support it completely, at least the one on our phone, it formats the whole phone, but that's only my stupid theory =)

Yes, I also think that maybe the cwm recovery bricked my phone, maybe some of the data lost, maybe ....
But why odin can't overwrite all of the mistakes?
There must be somthing that odin can't overwrite but rom manager can write.
What's this?

AXAz0r

Sep 24, 2012
Belgrade
auroraproject.xyz
Yes, I also think that maybe the cwm recovery bricked my phone, maybe some of the data lost, maybe ....
But why odin can't overwrite all of the mistakes?
There must be somthing that odin can't overwrite but rom manager can write.
What's this?

it cant undo the mistakes because the "ARM11BOOT.img" is corrupted, basicly, you cant even turn on your phone, at all, so that means no download mode

Top Liked Posts