[ROM] [M7] [4.4.4] TeamEOS - The Revival || Nightlies

Search This thread

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)] || Nexus 7
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
NX 2.0 Gesture Navigation Interface
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

credits.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Nightly builds

M7 Downloads

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything !
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash optional kernel
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

All HTC msm8960 devices use a slightly moddified version of the standard CM built 3.4 linux kernel, many thanks to the boys on our CM team who have made most of this possible on our HTC devices.

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github
Kernel Source

Last edited:

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Welcome! Just some brief info on the project and philosophy and all that. If you are looking for a project with every feature on the planet, this build is not for you. I write features or bring in a feature from other guys based on a simple idea. I personally must find it fun or useful. Many features I see out there I find to be just plain stupid, and won't be found here. As project leader, I get the privilege of making that assessment. If someone makes a strong argument for something, my opinion can be swayed. If a user says "Hey brd, check this out!", and it is cool, I'll bring it in. If it sucks, I'll pass.

TeamEos took a brief hiatus to work with the CodefireX project. That all ended up going south in a blaze of glory. In the TeamEos repo, you will see reference to cfx code. It's my code, i wrote it. I need to re factor some projects.

I personally run this build on my m7 and love it. Thoughts? Suggestions? Build sucks and you're going back to Omni? It's all good. Let me know. Have fun!

M7 Specifics

-- legacy IR HAL as well as the new one: I'm keeping the old one for now as well until I'm certain most apps use the new one
-- hardware keys - any action: for now, default actions are not clearable. Meaning you can not assign a "no action" against default behavior. This is to keep my sanity but may change if there's strong demand for it.
-- the kernel : Based on the work Intervigil, mdmower, h8rift, and the other CM HTC guys have done. I commend them on a strong and stable kernel base. In addition, we have the following:
-- Fast charge
-- the latest BFQ I/O scheduler as well as SIO and FIOPS
-- we use @showp1984 's thermal controls instead of thermald. Keep the device cold as a ice cube
-- I highly recommend Trickster paid for kernel controls

Last edited:

dena994

Apr 16, 2009
ITALY
Simply fantastic! I'll Try it..
Is notification lockscreen in the rom?

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

dbaler

Jul 5, 2012
Calgary
Trying this out with Multi Rom, Will report back.

Edit:
Works with Newest Multirom.
Looks really clean and seems fast.

Last edited:

dseries60

Sep 10, 2011
TEXAS
Google Pixel 3a XL
Just installed and everything is working great! If a custom kernel is used to get custom wake options should it be AOSP or CM based?

Thanks for your great work on a very nice AOSP rom!

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
B
Simply fantastic! I'll Try it..
Is notification lockscreen in the rom?

I apologize as I don't really run anything else. What is notification lockscreen? source?

Just installed and everything is working great! If a custom kernel is used to get custom wake options should it be AOSP or CM based?

Thanks for your great work on a very nice AOSP rom!

Thank you for the kind words. My understanding is the kernel needed is not so much project dependent as it is hardware dependent. Every dev i talk to uses caf_8960 for qcom/display audio and media. It should be safe to say any kernel that would work on cm would work here. Worst case scenario, you get stuck on boot splash. Get back into recovery and just flash rom again. Honestly, the included kernel is rather solid, especially with BFQ enabled. But, if you got a favorite kernel, post up the source link. Maybe there's some goodies we could use.

Reactions: dseries60

Lucas0511

Mar 14, 2006
Now that Gapps are back online I will test the latest build.

Last edited:

dseries60

Sep 10, 2011
TEXAS
Google Pixel 3a XL
B

I apologize as I don't really run anything else. What is notification lockscreen? source?

Thank you for the kind words. My understanding is the kernel needed is not so much project dependent as it is hardware dependent. Every dev i talk to uses caf_8960 for qcom/display audio and media. It should be safe to say any kernel that would work on cm would work here. Worst case scenario, you get stuck on boot splash. Get back into recovery and just flash rom again. Honestly, the included kernel is rather solid, especially with BFQ enabled. But, if you got a favorite kernel, post up the source link. Maybe there's some goodies we could use.

This ROM is amazing! Great battery life. Here is the kernel info I am using.

Zip download :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2522854

Source download :
https://github.com/tbalden/android_kernel_htc_msm8960

Reactions: bigrushdog

dena994

Apr 16, 2009
ITALY
Tested for a bit..blazing fast and fluent with good battery life from my test, also weather implementation is beautiful! Keep this project alive!

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Tested for a bit..blazing fast and fluent with good battery life from my test, also weather implementation is beautiful! Keep this project alive!

Wow this rom is back from the dead. Sweet. Gonna try it.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ya were back for good and stronger than ever. I'm focused like a laser on stability, simplicity, and sticking to our core principles. We brought in ffmpeg support. It's stable and works. It appears at this time not all codecs / streams are fully supported. I'll be watching upstream for updates. If things don't move fast enough I'll bring in the codecs myself ;D.

We'll have updater support soon. I'm waiting on fresh api support from our IT provider Codefire (not cfx) In the meantime be sure to grab a nightly from time to time. Lots of good stuff going on.

Those that are interested, I believe using tbalden's kernel should be fine. For my build, I'm staying away from all the s2w stuff. I've found it generally unstable. However, I personally like logo2wake so that may come in.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007

I'm gonna do more with weather. The framework is very robost and written in a way where we can do weather implementations anywhere we want. The way I work is I kinda cycle around. Few days on navbar stuff, few days on platform, few days working and getting killed on bringing Xoom up ;P ,etc. So next weather cycle, i'm gonna do an additional notification style option, maybe something in recent's window when there's no apps, maybe some widgets. I don't wanna focus too hard on doing things that a weather user app could do. But we'll get the basics covered.

qkall

Jan 21, 2010
I keep getting fcs for system ui. I suspect it's xposed mod stuff but really not sure. Is anyone one else using xposed with no issues?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
I keep getting fcs for system ui. I suspect it's xposed mod stuff but really not sure. Is anyone one else using xposed with no issues?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Post up a logcat. What mod are you using? I'm running xposed with Statusbar Tint for testing an upcoming feature. I try hard to keep SystemUI theme compliant as well as compatible with everything out there, but things slip through sometimes. A logcat of the fc would be most helpful.

TheUndertaker21

Jul 11, 2011
Brooklyn
Xposed Modules
I'm gonna do more with weather. The framework is very robost and written in a way where we can do weather implementations anywhere we want. The way I work is I kinda cycle around. Few days on navbar stuff, few days on platform, few days working and getting killed on bringing Xoom up ;P ,etc. So next weather cycle, i'm gonna do an additional notification style option, maybe something in recent's window when there's no apps, maybe some widgets. I don't wanna focus too hard on doing things that a weather user app could do. But we'll get the basics covered.

Is there any way to implement new features from other ROMs like pa AOKP. There are some core features messing.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Is there any way to implement new features from other ROMs like pa AOKP. There are some core features messing.

Yes. The way is to post a link to source code. Then if I like the idea I'll build and test. Then it goes up for review and my core team plays with it. If they +1 it comes in.

We can't say something is missing. Because the base is aosp. PA does a lot of "per app" customization. And they write fantastic code. At the same time, those features do consume resources so I'd take it on a case by case basis.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)] || Nexus 7
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
    anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
    Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
    Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
    NX 2.0 Gesture Navigation Interface
    EOS Weather Engine
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Network Indicator
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Force Navigation Bar on any device
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    MORE...

credits.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Nightly builds

M7 Downloads

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
    • Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash optional kernel
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

All HTC msm8960 devices use a slightly moddified version of the standard CM built 3.4 linux kernel, many thanks to the boys on our CM team who have made most of this possible on our HTC devices.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Jenkins Build System
    Github
    Kernel Source
    Welcome! Just some brief info on the project and philosophy and all that. If you are looking for a project with every feature on the planet, this build is not for you. I write features or bring in a feature from other guys based on a simple idea. I personally must find it fun or useful. Many features I see out there I find to be just plain stupid, and won't be found here. As project leader, I get the privilege of making that assessment. If someone makes a strong argument for something, my opinion can be swayed. If a user says "Hey brd, check this out!", and it is cool, I'll bring it in. If it sucks, I'll pass.

TeamEos took a brief hiatus to work with the CodefireX project. That all ended up going south in a blaze of glory. In the TeamEos repo, you will see reference to cfx code. It's my code, i wrote it. I need to re factor some projects.

I personally run this build on my m7 and love it. Thoughts? Suggestions? Build sucks and you're going back to Omni? It's all good. Let me know. Have fun!

M7 Specifics

-- legacy IR HAL as well as the new one: I'm keeping the old one for now as well until I'm certain most apps use the new one
    -- hardware keys - any action: for now, default actions are not clearable. Meaning you can not assign a "no action" against default behavior. This is to keep my sanity but may change if there's strong demand for it.
    -- the kernel : Based on the work Intervigil, mdmower, h8rift, and the other CM HTC guys have done. I commend them on a strong and stable kernel base. In addition, we have the following:
    -- Fast charge
    -- the latest BFQ I/O scheduler as well as SIO and FIOPS
    -- we use @showp1984 's thermal controls instead of thermald. Keep the device cold as a ice cube
    -- I highly recommend Trickster paid for kernel controls
    Really enjoying the clean AOSP experience with this ROM. Running AGK Kernel v1.12 and have no issues to report. Thanks for developing for our device.

Good to hear! I try and keep it clean while keeping the real win subtle yet useful.

Any plans to update to the latest AOSP 4.4.3

Yes. Merged. We took Jenkins down for a day or so to get the merge pushed. I almost had the full merge done, but got messed up with aosp telephony. AOSP introduced a new tele API and for the life of me I couldn't get it to play nice with MSIM. So i had to wait for @rmcc from @CyanogenMod to help out. When I looked at his merge, I was mad! I was so close! Much love and respect to talented guys like @rmcc who help me tie up my loose ends.

Fresh M7 4.4.3 cooking on Jenkins now. It's smooth too!
    hi,i have a question;this rom is not based of the googleplayedition!?I installed this with twrp2.6.3.3 and all went vry good,fast and smooth.
    Then i tryed to install the ElementalX vers.15,for GPE,and it doesnt run,no way to use another Kernel?!?

otherwise the rom as it is is fantastiq.Some ideas to this?

cheers

Manne:good:

This is AOSP based, not GPE. They are very different

Only AOSP kernels work. I would recommend the EOS kernel (which is stock here) since its great and incorporates a lot of good stuff and is not bloated at all
    my ideas:
    1) New notifications interaction: new because you can interact directly with the notification without leaving the screen having all you need.

When a new notification arrives the multitasking icon changes into the new notification one (or the notif icon can appear beside the multitasking one). If you touch it a pop up window appears and you can directly reply viewing previous messages.

For devices without bottom bar, (or we can simply use this method for all devices) an icon appears in the notification bar and if u touch it the pop up appears.

2) Lock screen:
    in the stock android you have no information in the lockscreen, so you can easily access with a swipe to your messages likes this video show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwumTW1sZzM

3)Music:

4) weather