Is there speech to text software for WM6?

Search This thread

moegdaog

Feb 5, 2008
Washington D.C
Ive seen speech to text software for Pc's and desktops but i wanted to know if there is speech to text software especially for GPS software like TOM Tom7 so i can just say street address instead of typing them while im driving...will make alot of things easier for me while driving.

moegdaog

Feb 5, 2008
Washington D.C
you seruous..141 people lookedat this and nobody has any clue of if there is speech to text software..like the one for PC that does the alien voice

jimbobcooterrooter

Apr 28, 2007
this question has been asked before and it seems as if the answer is no.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=384503

However a work around that would involve time consumption and copy and paste, but would work for emails and text - would be signing up for a Jott.com account. Its free and essetaily you call a dedicated number for your account talk to the system and then it emails you a copy of the chat you just had. You could then pull up the email assuming you have it set up on your phone, copy and paste. This is a lot of work to simply be lazy not to type it, and i guess the fact you're copying/pasting negates the whole concept of dictating so that you do not have to type anything, but hey it would work. Just not so much for TOM TOM7. there i would recommend a service like telenav.com. they have a function on their gps software that allows you to dictate to it your destinations and so forth.

Last edited:

Guilf

Nov 29, 2007
Tampa
Only responding because no one else has. Don't consider myself to be an expert in this arena, but I remember this question being asked and researched several months ago. As I remember (at that time) no one found anything that is currently available.

Some interesting work going on out there - http://www.digitalfuturesoft.com/texttospeechproducts.php and I currently use Jott (not something that would work for what you're looking for, but a great service). Sorry I couldn't be more helpful - hope someone gives you (and me) a better answer.

shariquez

Jun 22, 2009
Text to Speech SMS Reader (freeware)

Was searching for a text to speach SMS Reader on xda, didnt find one, looked elsware and found this freeware:

h##p://###.blondiesoft.com/software/mobile/TellMeText
replace # sign and download.Works really well on my HTC Gene
Sorry if its a repost....

hanlincn

Feb 14, 2009
there any chinese speech soft ware for text message .

but you can't speak chinese.

i am sorry guy ~

mtdaze

Aug 8, 2010
hmmm

Was searching for a text to speach SMS Reader on xda, didnt find one, looked elsware and found this freeware:

h##p://###.blondiesoft.com/software/mobile/TellMeText
replace # sign and download.Works really well on my HTC Gene
Sorry if its a repost....

thats the opposite of what he was looking for...im tryin to find the same thing...

my friend has it on his evo...he says what he wants the text to say and it writes it for him

xysen0

Jan 21, 2009
did anyone know any voice synthezator for HTC TYTN II?

I woudl like to use with different text sources like reading articles, emails, websites etc.

Is it possible to talk to phone to dial a number without earlier recordings? I have 500+ contacts and would like to talk to handfree kit.

[plaese help

ANAZHTHTHS

Jan 8, 2013
Ive seen speech to text software for Pc's and desktops but i wanted to know if there is speech to text software especially for GPS software like TOM Tom7 so i can just say street address instead of typing them while im driving...will make alot of things easier for me while driving.

Hello guys, It happens for me to be blind (not completely) so I know about TTS software. The only one good is the “Mobile Speak” from “CodeFactory”. There are some problems with this software for example:
1) It is not free.
2) It is expensive.
3) It can not be cracked (as I know).
4) It works with sim car lock.
5) It can not help you with the GPS because it can not read graphics. You need a GPS software that displays some messages as text and not graphics.
I hope I helped you.