[Discontinued][APP][WVGA]Flip2Mute - GSensor Profile Changer

Search This thread

kllmoon

Sep 26, 2009
I have a htc touch diamond and this app is not working :(

I installed, did a soft reset. The bottom toolbar is not showing up on my screen and the program does nothing. This app looks great so a fix would be more than welcome!

thisisatest3

Sep 11, 2009

I installed, did a soft reset. The bottom toolbar is not showing up on my screen and the program does nothing. This app looks great so a fix would be more than welcome!

See the first post, added a quickfix instruction.
and... What do you mean by the bottom toolbar??

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009

This wiered behavior tool bar not showing up is on tp2 as well... BUT... only at the time of Sense loading once it is loaded toolbar shows up.

Secondly black screen on wake up with taskbar and toolbar showing is also present as if trying to launch camera.

sheennick123456

Dec 5, 2007
MUMBAI
working on HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

Hi i have a HTC DIAMOND

running my custom made WM 6.1 ROM

F2M runs fine ,only problem is that i get the scroll bars on screen because originally its WVGA app(screenshot attached) .........

otherwise it works just perfect

EDIT: runs on TOUCH PRO as well running similar ROM as above

Attachments

• Screen01.png
    Screen01.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
Does F2M requires Manilla ?
I tried to change the profiles manually, to soft reset etc etc but it doesn't work.

Miri's standard rom doesn't have manilla build in, so many that why it doesn't work ?

NYLimited

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
Flip2Mute can change your profile to silent or vibrate and turn off the screen when the phone is faced down. It has a simple user interface and can be installed on WVGA HTC devices.

Nicely done, thank you! Works fine on TMOUS stock ROM 2.10. Once I get Duttys HG 3.4 (2.13 based) installed I will try again.

Has anyone try installing on SD card? Just curious...

EDIT: I just moved it to the Storage Card, rest the device and it is working just fine!! ;-/

Last edited:

RealGunman

Jul 15, 2008
hi

i've installed this nice app on my topaz for testing. but the only thing that works is turning off the screen when faced down.

changing the profile to vibrate and then to normal like it is described in first post has no effect.

is there any solution that works for my diamond2???

thx in advance

matthewf01

Jul 26, 2008
Atlanta
Tried it out on HD2, and it works fine - however I'm not sure I agree with the following functionality:

when you pick the device up, you must re-orient it basically face-up but flat on a surface, for it to exit silent mode. If I simply lift the device off the table but dont re-orient it perfectly face up, it doesn't exit silent mode.

Once in silent mode, it seems to continue looking for that 'face-up' orientation to exit silent mode. I would prefer if, when it sees the orientation has changed AT ALL (maybe a dramatic change, so a moving surface or a bump to the phone or table won't trigger it), then it will exit silent mode.

This way, even if I pick the phone up and hold it SIDEWAYS, it still knows its been picked up, and it should exit silent mode. THis way I don't have to think about 'ok, i need to flip the phone over so it will exit silent'

Blue_Cruise

Oct 3, 2008
Thank you for a very nice app...
can i use it just to turn off the screen? with no profile changing and even without the vibration notification...
I tried to do that by setting the "Screen Off" to On and "Enabled" to Off. But that didn't do anything...of course this is normal if the application is not set to do the action in my question.

birgit123

May 20, 2010
hvga version possible?

Hi I find this tool very interesting.
could you deploy a hvga (320x480) screen resolution version, too? I have an hdmini (called photon).

If I had known about the tool/screen problems I would have bougt a leo. damn*!

msmsms1

May 7, 2009
I have a HD2.
It also works on the HD2.
But a little fine-tuning is still missing.

I'll try to explain what I mean.

Handy with the display up = 0 degree
handy with the display down = 180 degrees

ween i flip to ca. 130 degrees the handy goes to mute.
It is too early.
I think it only at about 170 degrees.
Because you can still change what ?
namely it switches in your pocket

NYLimited

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
would it be possible to combine the Flip2Mute with proximity/light sensor, so the vibration is activated every time the phone is put into pocket?

+1!

That was the one feature I miss from old Blackberry - when you put it in the holster on your belt it immediately switched to vibrate. you took it out and the sound was back.

Would love to see these two features in WinMo.

aa11aa11

Jun 11, 2010
I'm french, sorry for my English.
For the HD2, also for me it does not work, I find the procedure works:
1 / HD2's menu / Parameters / Home / Elements / Check "HTC Sense" / OK / OK
2 / Install "Flip2Mute.cab"
3 / HD2's menu / Flip2Mute Config / Click on "Silent" and on "Vibrate" and on "Normal", uncheck "Vibrate" "Screen" "Enabled "/ Exit / Reboot
4 / HD2's menu / Flip2Mute Config / check "Vibrate" "Screen" "Enabled "/ Exit / Reboot
And now work...

aa11aa11

Jun 11, 2010
I’m french, sorry for my English.
For the HD2, also for me it does not work, I find the procedure works:
1 / HD2′s menu / Parameters / Home / Elements / Check “HTC Sense” / OK / OK
2 / Install “Flip2Mute.cab”
3 / HD2′s menu / Flip2Mute Config / Click on “Silent” and on “Vibrate” and on “Normal”, uncheck “Vibrate” “Screen” “Enabled “/ Exit / Reboot
4 / HD2′s menu / Flip2Mute Config / check “Vibrate” “Screen” “Enabled “/ Exit / Reboot
And now work…

Archange1

Jan 20, 2009
Sydney
I've noticed that on a soft reset, I'll get a white screen at start-up (just before the "loading sense" text at the top) for several seconds... Didn't happen before Flip2Mute nor after I uninstalled it.
Otherwise it was ok (found it would mute my phone sometimes in my pocket, and always whenever I had to take the battery out).

Last edited: