[TUTORIAL]Basic Skin Guide
This has been quite an overdue tutorial from the inception of desire x forum. But here we are finally with members who are so eager to try their own.
Since VTS worked very hard to decrypt the m10 file, they deserve a donation for their work, as such they have made the tool absolutely free to work with if you are just decompiling/recompiling APKs. If you want to decompile and recompile shared.m10 files, you can. But a watermark will appear in some pngs like lockring and app icon. So if you want to learn you can learn how to use VTS and then buy the license if you want.
[Tools & Setup]
For decompiling/recompiling XMLs and M10 files
1. Install Virtous Ten Studio & Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 (Needed by VTS)
For Image/PNG editing
2. Photoshop CS5 or any software that can handle alpha/transparency
Framework Setup for Desire X
1. Grap framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources.apk from the Android version you are interested to skin for. Keep in mind framework cannot be interchanged for ICS / JB. If you want to skin JB Sense 4+ then you need the two apks from JB Sense 4+
[How to install and setup framework in VTS]
1. Open VTS
2. Click File menu and choose Open Settings
3. Expand External Tools > Click Apktool
4. Click "Add Single or Multiple Frameworks"
5. Enter the Framework Tag > Something like DesireX (This way when you are working with Desire X skins you can easily choose the tag and the frameworks will load by auto)
6. After giving tag as "DesireX" click OK and choose Local Files and select the framework files mentioned as above. Click OK and close everything except VTS
Now you are ready to create your first skin. Its always a good idea to work with a skin already created like decompiling the Matte skin or according to your choice.
One S (VilleC2) Android 4.1.1 Sense 4+
Desire X (ProtoU) Android 4.0.4 Sense 4.1a
Wildfire S (Marvel) Android 2.3.5 Sense 2.1
HD2 (T-Mobile Leo) Android 2.3.3 Sense 2.1
Autumn Skin for Desire X
Additional HTC Widgets - Desire X (by ckpv5)
Index - Everything Desire X (by nlooooo)