[Q] Problem of rooting GT-I9205 (Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE)

Search This thread

lai0715

Dec 24, 2013
Penang
HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

Below is my phone information:

Android Version : 4.2.2
Baseband Version : I9205XXUCNA3

I followed the steps to root my phone.

1. I flash vcoreroot-v2.tar via Odin. After flash, I open SuperSU i know that my phone get root access.
2. But, I notice that my WIFI could not open and all my file in internal memory was missing.
3. The thread I view says that I have to flash the stock kernel to my phone.
4. After I flash, my phone back to normal (WIFI can use and internal memory have data) but there have no root acces in my phone.

I have try another ways to root my phone that is using Recovery Mode to install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip. It doesn't work also.

Any steps i have missed up while rooting?????

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-24-16-34-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-24-16-34-58.png
    98 KB · Views: 398

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
Let's flash MegaFireV10 and you will have very fast system already rooted. If you wish, you can flash MFv10X which is heavy debloated version of MegaFire

ValorZero

Jun 18, 2014
Yep. Same problem for me when I try to root via vcoreroot. No wifi after root. I just wasted my time rooting and got 0x1 knox in the end. Great job, Samsung.
Anyway, there's two red lines upon booting up with root.

Now I'm just waiting for kitkat 4.4.2 first before rooting. Waste of time.

san_099

Aug 20, 2012
Selangor
I have the same problem, but at this point i just want to back up apps and files using titanium.

I really dont want to go through flashing stock roms due to the extremely slow download, if i flash Megafire without wiping will i be able to get back my wifi and internal sdcard?

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
I have the same problem, but at this point i just want to back up apps and files using titanium.

I really dont want to go through flashing stock roms due to the extremely slow download, if i flash Megafire without wiping will i be able to get back my wifi and internal sdcard?

MegaFire Should'nt be flashed without factory reset. So back up your apps, contacts, sms's and whats more and make clean install. I would suggest to use for backup Super Backup app from Store.

san_099

Aug 20, 2012
Selangor
MegaFire Should'nt be flashed without factory reset. So back up your apps, contacts, sms's and whats more and make clean install. I would suggest to use for backup Super Backup app from Store.

You are right if I wanted to stay on Megafire, but my concern was to get wifi and sdcard working again,I flashed without any wiping and it worked. yes there was FC every 2 minutes, but I managed to temporary fix the issue and move on to the next custom ROM.

Thanks anyways!!

AirmieJamal

Jul 24, 2007
Penang
Redlines-No wifi-No internal SD

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

Below is my phone information:

Android Version : 4.2.2
Baseband Version : I9205XXUCNA3

I followed the steps to root my phone.

1. I flash vcoreroot-v2.tar via Odin. After flash, I open SuperSU i know that my phone get root access.
2. But, I notice that my WIFI could not open and all my file in internal memory was missing.
3. The thread I view says that I have to flash the stock kernel to my phone.
4. After I flash, my phone back to normal (WIFI can use and internal memory have data) but there have no root acces in my phone.

I have try another ways to root my phone that is using Recovery Mode to install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip. It doesn't work also.

Any steps i have missed up while rooting?????

hi buddy..care to share the Stock Kernel u used? i keep looking for the kernel but can't find it.i faced the same problem with u..no wifi,no internal sd card..really hope u can help..TQ