[Q] Fastboot not recognized in different directories

Search This thread

Porkaby

Jul 30, 2014
Hi,

I am a total noob attempting to root their Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. So far I have successfully unlocked the bootloader, but when I try to install CWM Recovery, I get a perpetual <waiting for device> error.

I am attempting to follow this guide → androidcentral.us/2014/01/root-sony-xperia-z1-compact

So far...
  • USB debugging is on.
  • Bootloader has been unlocked.
  • Having unlocked the bootloader, I assume the necessary drivers and fastboot were installed correctly.
  • In cmd, I check with fastboot devices for two different directories. Fastboot is recognized in the directory I used for unlocking the bootloader. However, it is not recognized in the directory I am trying to install CWM Recovery from.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Attachments

• fastboot_cmd.png
    fastboot_cmd.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 8

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Hi,

I am a total noob attempting to root their Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. So far I have successfully unlocked the bootloader, but when I try to install CWM Recovery, I get a perpetual <waiting for device> error.

I am attempting to follow this guide → androidcentral.us/2014/01/root-sony-xperia-z1-compact

So far...
  • USB debugging is on.
  • Having unlocked the bootloader, I assume the necessary drivers and fastboot were installed correctly.
  • In cmd, I check with fastboot devices for two different directories. Fastboot is recognized in the directory I used for unlocking the bootloader. However, it is not recognized in the directory I am trying to install CWM Recovery from.

im assuming you just have a cwm img file?
why not just move it to the directory where fastboot is working?
seems like the easiest fix to me.

Reactions: Porkaby

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

So far...
    • USB debugging is on.

The img file was "DooMLoRD’s rooted kernel". Would that be the cwm img file?

Either way I moved it to the directory where fastboot worked. It ran. Thanks for your help!! :D