[Q] Changing color scheme.

Search This thread

PsychoticAxel

Jul 23, 2013
Hello all.

I just bought my Samsung Galaxy s5 and I've been spending some time customizing it, but there is one thing that is driving me nuts and its this gross teal that the system seems to have global. I was wondering if it can be edited in the system files (my phone has been rooted and I have full access).

Any point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

For those of you who are not sure what I am talking about, here is some pictures.

Screenshot_2014-08-08-21-24-24.png

Screenshot_2014-08-08-21-12-59.png

SnuggP

Nov 1, 2011
Philadelphia
Apps & Games
Hello all.

I just bought my Samsung Galaxy s5 and I've been spending some time customizing it, but there is one thing that is driving me nuts and its this gross teal that the system seems to have global. I was wondering if it can be edited in the system files (my phone has been rooted and I have full access).

For those of you who are not sure what I am talking about, here is some pictures.

I'm with you on this I hate it right along with touchwiz

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

CiDev

Nov 25, 2013
collor?

So is this something that is just not possible?
Now I'm collor blind so I don't know how to diiscribe this collor but its ugly like hell!!!
I think by myself..."why Samsung?" I by you're phones, and you gives us this s**t to look at?
but ofcource you can make changes, but the S5 is one off this devices that says "NO ERRORS OR I LET YOU CRY"
This Is how mine looks like.

Guess all starts and end with personal taste.

tip for start:

go to [Guides & Links] THE GALAXY S5 UNIFIED MODS THREAD

from tdunham This awsome super smart dev has saved me lot off times with his how to's.
and after going to that post you are already half done with fighting ugly look of device.
good luck!!!

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Hello all.

You have to decompile SystemUi.apk. there are many guides on how to do it but i recommend tickle my android (search for it). After that you can easily changes the images in the rez/drawable folders and most of the colors can be changed by altering the hex values in the xml files located in the res/values files. After, just recompile it again and push to your phone. Hope that helps a little. Would add more but I'm on mobile now and is a little pain to type.

PsychoticAxel

Jul 23, 2013
You have to decompile SystemUi.apk. there are many guides on how to do it but i recommend tickle my android (search for it). After that you can easily changes the images in the rez/drawable folders and most of the colors can be changed by altering the hex values in the xml files located in the res/values files. After, just recompile it again and push to your phone. Hope that helps a little. Would add more but I'm on mobile now and is a little pain to type.

Finally, a bit of direction. Thank you very much.

Reactions: jes8se

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD
Mod Edit – Some content removed

No I didn't fail. In fact i actually pointed that the UI and Framework are the same thing. Touchwiz is a amalgamation of the launcher and other UI elements. in fact the UI elements that aren't in the launcher and individual apps themselves are contained in the /system/framework/framework-res.apk. The teal parts. therefore are both the UI and the framework as they are one and the same. the first part of my first post was pointing this out. That was intended as a mostly tongue in cheek manner of doing things. Explained here

The next part about quoting the OP when you're the second post in the thread i maintain as being redundant. and it annoys a lot of people not to mention the moderators (i can tell you this from personal experience). I wasn't rude when i explained it. i just explained it. and yes yes i know its not a rule. its more common knowledge and courtesy. especially in those instances where the OP is long or contains many images. but most of all when you are the first reply in a thread its obvious what you are replying to. if the thread has many replies then yes its better to quote the post you're replying to.

by the way you might want to note the sheer stupidity of berating my ability to be nice. And in the same post telling me im talking out my ass. which as you can see above im not, and mocking spelling errors, when its clearly a typo brought about by absent mindedness in my keyboard accuracy. it was still understandable and correcting an obvious error shows you have no actual grievance with me apart from the fact i pointed out that you use memes like doge and the need to nit-pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: megan23247

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all.

Finally, a bit of direction. Thank you very much.
    Mod Edit – Some content removed

No I didn't fail. In fact i actually pointed that the UI and Framework are the same thing. Touchwiz is a amalgamation of the launcher and other UI elements. in fact the UI elements that aren't in the launcher and individual apps themselves are contained in the /system/framework/framework-res.apk. The teal parts. therefore are both the UI and the framework as they are one and the same. the first part of my first post was pointing this out. That was intended as a mostly tongue in cheek manner of doing things. Explained here

The next part about quoting the OP when you're the second post in the thread i maintain as being redundant. and it annoys a lot of people not to mention the moderators (i can tell you this from personal experience). I wasn't rude when i explained it. i just explained it. and yes yes i know its not a rule. its more common knowledge and courtesy. especially in those instances where the OP is long or contains many images. but most of all when you are the first reply in a thread its obvious what you are replying to. if the thread has many replies then yes its better to quote the post you're replying to.

by the way you might want to note the sheer stupidity of berating my ability to be nice. And in the same post telling me im talking out my ass. which as you can see above im not, and mocking spelling errors, when its clearly a typo brought about by absent mindedness in my keyboard accuracy. it was still understandable and correcting an obvious error shows you have no actual grievance with me apart from the fact i pointed out that you use memes like doge and the need to nit-pick.