[App] Zevele's Blinker v1.9 [22/12/2011]

Search This thread

kajos

Dec 5, 2009
Niedersachsen
#zevele #9

...for every Phone, you can use a "death-grip", with the difference,
by the not modified iPone4, the Problem will be happening in normal use.

The antennas of the Hd2 are in the lower part, right there where the hardware-bottons are.
Take both Hands, and enclose the lower half of the Phone to build a Faraday cage.
Certainly, it's helpful, you do this were the signal is bad;)

The very best method for instance is, to put the Phone into a microwave,
this is a very good Faraday cage and it has a window to look in;
but, don't turn it unintentional on, the HD2 will be demolished immediately;) :(

Last edited:

PeeHoo

Oct 29, 2007
Espoo
Big BIG Thank you

For making this original request to dev's I really want to thank you zevele for makin this nice application!! :):):)

For everybody: I had a girlfriend years ago and she had Sony Ericcson mobile phone. (Personally I hate SE phones). Anyway... I had Nokia (because I am finnish ;)) and that time there was no WM-phones. And in her SE phone was nice blinking LED when phone was powered on... And I had to admit that I was even a little bit jealous.

And now after many non-wm-phone years when I bought HD2 I realised that it is really annoying that phone do not told that "I am here, I am alive".

Now Zevele answered to this and LIKE ALWAYS, our DEV:s even did more than asked...

I installed it hour ago and this seems to be just perfect!! Just need to think a little bit correct & nice intervalls and lenghts!

Once more!! Thank you very many from Finland!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: Because under pressure I need to tell that this girlfriend is now my wife and mother of my daughter (thanks for the blinking led's ;))

Last edited:

dchd310870

Jun 28, 2009
Dalby
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Just though I would share the following:

I change the blink duration to '100', an the blink intervals to '5000'.

I might even change the duration to be '60'.

I found this better as you can't mistake it for an SMS, Email or missed call notification. The longer duration makes it clear that it is simply the phone being alive.

This is not criticism, simple personal taste. Without our your app, none of this would be possible.

Well done V.

Mate, Ive edited mine as well, Thanks for little tutorial in post #2, helped a lot.

Here's mine now......

delay is set to 1250(4688)
blink length to 100(256)
sequence G100,O100
Low Batt seq O500,G500,O500.

No mistaking now that its on....

So, once again thanks for the App and the little ability to understand a little more about the registry...

(edit) although now, my nosignalsequence doesnt work.... mmmm

Last edited:

rclark27

Jun 29, 2008
Fort Worth
Thanks for doing this. It's something HTC should have put in the HD2 to begin with and you have done a great job getting it done. Your the man!!

Andy-D

Mar 16, 2008
Any idea why the blinking should stop a few seconds after my HD2 has gone to sleep or I've switched it off???

All fine when the display is on.

Anyone else getting this problem :confused:

zevele

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
Any idea why the blinking should stop a few seconds after my HD2 has gone to sleep or I've switched it off???

I see it too, I thought I solved the problem, but apparently it still exists... I'll need to further research this, if anyone knows anything about the issue (unattended mode) now's a good time to say something...

Z.

Andy-D

Mar 16, 2008
I see it too, I thought I solved the problem, but apparently it still exists... I'll need to further research this, if anyone knows anything about the issue (unattended mode) now's a good time to say something...

Z.

Just uninstalled and re-installed and all now fine, but thanks for your quick reply.
Keep up the good work :)

A.

zevele

Mar 8, 2010
Just uninstalled and re-installed and all now fine, but thanks for your quick reply.
Keep up the good work :)

A.

Ah, maybe because the application is not properly installed on my device (I use a debug version on my device...) I'll try reinstalling and see if the problem goes away...

It also maybe because the application is installed to the storage card... where did you install the application to?

Thanks,

Z.

Andy-D

Mar 16, 2008
Ah, maybe because the application is not properly installed on my device (I use a debug version on my device...) I'll try reinstalling and see if the problem goes away...

It also maybe because the application is installed to the storage card... where did you install the application to?

Thanks,

Z.
Installed in the main memory. I'll keep an eye on it and see if running any apps causes it to stop, but so far so good. I did adjust some of the settings beforehand, but this time I have only change the interval from 10000 to 5000.

Thanks

kajos

Dec 5, 2009
Niedersachsen
#zevele:
"...I didn't know the HD2 had a "death grip", how do you do it? I could use it to debug this feature."
-> Post #5, #9, #21

What's the news about the "no signal difficulty"?

I hope, you can fix that :)
Principally, the App-idea is so nice :)

zevele

Mar 8, 2010
Installed in the main memory....
Did you always install it to the internal memory, or did you previously installed it to the storage card?
I suspect that the problem might be that the storage card is powered off in suspend mode.

What's the news about the "no signal difficulty"?...

Well, I need to find another way to identify the signal status (now I use SystemState). It's a little bit hard to debug this feature without the ability to get into the no-signal state properly (grip of death does not work for me, and putting the device inside the microwave is also a little problematic for me)... Nevertheless I think I'll be able to solve the issue anyway...

Z.

unvisigoth

Feb 22, 2008
Roma

I have the same issue. All ok when the display is on, but when it goes to sleep it stops blinking. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times (always in main memory) but nothing changes. If can be useful I have Artemis 40.0 Rom in italian.
Thanks

Marct77

Apr 14, 2010
Westhoughton Bolton Lancs
Re : Blinker stopping on sleep...Has anyone noticed if it makes any difference if you lock the screen manually or it does it by time-out ?

I have it on SD and it seems to work fine most of the time,
but I have an idea it is more likely to not work if you lock the screen manually...

Andy-D

Mar 16, 2008
Did you always install it to the internal memory, or did you previously installed it to the storage card?
I suspect that the problem might be that the storage card is powered off in suspend mode.

Z.

I've always installed to main memory as the app is quite small. Its still working fine and I have locked the phone manually and let it time out.

But all good at the moment. Thanks again

zevele

Mar 8, 2010
Okay, I really don't know what the problem is, on my device it appears regardless of being installed on the main memory or storage card. What I found out is that after soft-reset the application behaves well...

Z.

dl8lj

Aug 4, 2008
Lueneburg
Hi!

I just want to say thanks to zevele for coding this very useful APP!

After a softreset, it does what it's supposed to, do!

Thank you very much, zevele!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi, Following the requests here, I've wrote this application. Basically the application blinks the device LED every few seconds. The idea is to have some notification that the device is still alive. The application blinks differently depending on the status of the device.

Main features:
    • Including sequences for normal, low battery, no-signal, new message (Voice/SMS/MMS/EMail), Missed calls, appointments, wireless status (bluetooth and wifi), GPS status and charging level.
    • Almost all sequences can be configured via the settings application.
    • Sequences may include blinking the green and orange LEDs (in HD2 - may be configured in other devices), the keypad LED, vibration and playing a wav file.
    • If the radio is turned off or there is no signal, another orange blink occurs (in addition to the regular one).
    • When the phone is charging the orange LED lights constantly, every few seconds a sequence of green blinks according to the batter level occurs (20-40% - 1 blink, 40-60% - 2 blinks, 60-80% - 3 blinks and 80-100% - 4 blinks). If the battery is fully charged - the green led lights constantly.
    • Blink interval and length can be set via the registry. Different blink interval for idle mode and when notification exists (new message/missed call).
    • Running the link once starts the application, on blink sequence occurs. Running the link again runs the settings application from which the service can be closed.
    Known issues
    • Custom LED id's are not saved to the registry in ver. 1.5.
    • It seems that there are some issues running "Dusk taskbar" or "SDKCERTS" along with Blinker.
    • Sometimes when the device is locked, the application stops working (until the device wakes up). After a soft-reset the application returns to behave as expected. I really don't know what instigates the problem or how to solve it... If anyone has a clue please leave me a message. Not solved, but might be better in ver. 1.1.
      Update(16/4/2011): setting [HKCU\Software\Blinker\AllowUnattendedMode] to 0. Solved this issue for some. Also enabling "Don't suspend power" in S2U2 (under the advanced category) seems to help.
      Update(14/5/2011): In ver. 1.4 a possibility to periodically wake the device, it seems that this solution might work around the issue.
      gpobernardo may have found a solution to the problem.
      [*]Non at the moment (I'm sure some will pop soon... ;))

System Requirements
    • .Net Compact Framework 3.5
    • Tested successfully on: HTC HD2 (Leo), HTC TD2 (Topaz), HTC Touch HD (Blackstone), HTC Touch2 (Mega).
      But might work on other devices (please let me know if it works on other devices as well...)

ChangeLog
    • 07/12/11 (v1.9) - from post #198
      • Fixed issue where service could not be started from the settings application.
    • 07/12/11 (v1.8) - from post #196
      • Added GPS status support.
    • 04/09/11 (v1.7) - from post #180
      • Fixed issue where Blinker halts at midnight (thanks gpobernardo).
    • 20/08/11 (v1.6) - from post #177
      • Fixed issue where custom LED id's where not saved.
    • 13/08/11 (v1.5) - from post #173
      • Added a notifications check when power state changes.
      • Added 3 more custom LEDs.
      • Shortcut link now point to the settings application instead of the service itself.
    • 14/05/11 (v1.4) - from post #151
      • Rewrote the service project in c++ (Now the service requires significantly less memory when running).
      • Added ability to vibrate (see second post for further information).
      • Added ability to play a wav file in the sequence (see second post for further information).
      • Added sequences for "Appointment" and "New MMS".
      • Blinker now uses only the WM notification method.
      • Removed the "Use WM Notification" as it is no longer required.
      • Removed the "SMS Store" setting as it is no longer required.
      • Fixed issue where in lower resolution devices a scroll bar did not appear in the settings application.
      • Added "Advanced" tab in the settings application.
      • Added a "Wakeup notification" - this option will force the device to wake every couple of seconds. This should solve the "unattended issue" - but might affect the battery drain. This feature can be turned on under the "advanced" tab in the settings application.
      • Hibernates when no blinking is required.
      • Changed "AllowUnattendedMode" to "ForceUnattendedMode" and added a checkbox to control this value under the "advanced" tab.
    • 06/04/11 (v1.3) - from post #101
      • Blinker can now use the notification system instead of directly check the Stores (thanks peterpan911 for the tip). This can be configured in the setting, under "Use WM Notifications".
      • Blinker can be configured to load on startup from the settings window.
      • Improved performance (thanks p50kombi)
      • Some minor interface improvement to the settings dialog.
    • 10/02/11 (v1.2) - from post #77
      • Added possibility to set the green/orange LED id.
      • Added possibility to set the SMS store name.
      • Improved error handling in case SMS store is not found.
    • 03/12/10 (v1.1) - from post #62
      • Added notifications for new message (SMS/EMail/Voice), missed calls and wireless status.
      • Added possibility to blink the keypad light as-well.
      • Added separate delay interval on new message or missed call.
      • Tweaked the unattended mode. The halting problem still exists, but it seems better now.
      • Added a configuration utility. To run it press the Blinker shortcut again (after blinker is already running).
    • 06/11/10 (v1.0) - Initial release

Downloads
    Acknowledgements

Any suggestions or remarks are welcome

Z.
    ....I noticed that the blinking (at least on my HTC T3333) stops everytime the date changes...

Indeed there was an issue regarding midnight in the wakeup loop. I've modified the code and it should be fixed now... Please let me know if it solves the problem (cab attached). If it's good I'll update the first post.

Thanks,

Z.
    ...Is there a way, that it shows only the "no-signal status", for instance by additional settings and all other notifications will be the normal of the HD2 ?

You can set all sequences to empty strings, and disable "ACNotification", this should get you what you want...

Z.
    gpobernardo, first - thanks for testing the fix. I'll post a the link on the first post.

...Right after installing version 1.7, the blinking stopped after around 2 minutes...

The fix was very minor and shouldn't affect anything else (afaik...). Let me know if this issue returns.

Z.
    ...Can you fit this software for Touch pro too?

I thought I had it fixed - I'll check it and hopefully it'll be good in the next release...

Z.