[TOOL/LT15] [UPDATE 07/01/2013] Flashtool version 0.9.10.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Search This thread

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
Hello

Flashtool can be downloaded on the Flashtool Homepage (on Installation tab)

As Flashtool was originally developped for X10, you can find a lot of information on the Original X10 Flashtool thread

Major new feature : Fastboot toolbox for 2011 line devices.

Major update for 0.6.8.0 : Ability to now install CWM from Flashtool on locked bootloader.
Fastboot now works fine under linux

Please post fastboot issues here in this thread

If ever you want to setup an eclipse environment for Flashtool, you can check this thread

Last edited:

UserX10

May 10, 2010
Flashtool does not recognize the decrypted FW.

I downloaded the decryptd FW for the Arc - extracted the files and copied it to the firmware folder of the flashtool (with Folder inside and without folder inside (.sin files directly to "firmware" folder)).
Started flashtool, pushed Flash, but no FW is available. Maybe I have to convert the .sin files in one .ftf file, but how?

Reactions: ArcMan09

Blomkungen

Mar 3, 2011
Good initiative
Will follow this thread closely and hope for it being completely rooted before release :)

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
Flashtool does not recognize the decrypted FW.

I downloaded the decryptd FW for the Arc - extracted the files and copied it to the firmware folder of the flashtool (with Folder inside and without folder inside (.sin files directly to "firmware" folder)).
Started flashtool, pushed Flash, but no FW is available. Maybe I have to convert the .sin files in one .ftf file, but how?

To create ftf file from your sin files, use the Advanced->Bundle creation wizard

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
I try on my XPERIA Arc and root is not working. All seem to be ok, but after restart no superuser and no root.

root~0.png

Can you set the flashtool to debug mode ? (Help->Log Level->Debug) and try again, then send me the log file ?

Reactions: Nabeel.

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
I'm not an expert, but from that log it looks like it'll be a while before the new phones are rooted, looks like they can't be rooted in the same way as the previous SE Droids!

UserX10

May 10, 2010
Thanks. I created the ftf file over the wizard and flahsed the FW on the Arc.
Works perfect.

Can also confirm, that rooting is not possible...

trinityb4

Jan 27, 2009
Guys why don't you try something to root the ARC like the nexus s phone?
i think they are at the same ver2.3.2
Maybe it will help looking at nexus s dev forum?
i would like to root it as i just brought mine today.:D
its a generic ver. with no branding of telco.:D

M

Mr_Bartek

Nexus S was not rooted. It was security unlocked. Same will be done with XPERIA Arc.

Regii

Feb 28, 2011
Duisburg
Can also confirm, that rooting is not possible...

But that doesn't mean it that it will take eternities, or will it? I think about getting the Arc and rooting is not a must, but would be really nice to have for such things as SetCPU...
How much has to be done to enable rooting for it, or will it all be solved by unlocking the bootloader?

Mooozer

Jul 30, 2010
i think since the bootloader is now unlockable (& mine is already unlocked :D) it would be much appreciated to have recovery compiled for our handsets..
has any1 a clue how to do so?

AndyD777

Mar 29, 2010
UK
Question for people that that have created a FTF file.

What loader did you use? If you select the arc, I notice it just hangs. However, if you use the X10 loader it completely very quickly.

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
Has anyone here decrypted ROM from their phone. I did the SEUS update and placed two files into a folder and decrypted them with FlashTool then when it tried to package it up it get stuck here
"Adding loader.sin to the bundle" and this happens when I select the ARC option but if I do the X10 it goes through.

Any hints?
EDIT:

Attached is the LT15 missing from Loaders folder in Flash Tool for make Bundling available for arc decrypted file.

Attachments

• LT15.rar
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,179
Last edited:
Reactions: buidoidaihiep

Top Liked Posts