[rom][4.2.1] Rasbean_SmokedHoloEdition (Discontinued)

Search This thread

klinker

Oct 11, 2011
Koper
RasBean SmokedHoloEdition

Builded from Rascarlos source
GIVE HIM A THANKS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other credits go to:

Articudos
RustyJay
Bedalus
Brainmaster
Greenblue
djdarkknight96
Maped
all other contributors & users on this forum

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you get:

Improved visual: Smoked transparent background's, redesigned dialog windows, change orange png's with blue, etc...
Added apps: RBJ GApps, Busybox, SuperSU, Photosphere, ColorNote, Cpu Spy,ES file explorer, Maps with StreetView, Music, ThinkFree
Dark Holo MMS with quick reply by jase33 & rethemed by me - hit him a thanks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1745830
Kernel: Marmite 7.3CM with BLN by bedalus - hit him a thanks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1719775
Seeder tweak by brainmaster - hit him a thanks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1454289

Install instructions:

- backup your apps & data with Titanium Backup
- MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP IN CWM OF CURRENT ROM

- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe dalvik in advanced menu
- format system, cache, data and boot in mount & storage menu
- install zip, reboot & enjoy

Notes:

IMPORTANT: This rom is not compatible with BM tweaks!!!
When install NS tools for kernel kontrol, run it, then reboot in cwm and fix permissions
Wipe data/factory reset with rom installed will delete browser

Not working/bugs:

Swipe keyboard (will have it in next build)
Camera FC when touch the screen on video recording (will search for a fix)

Please don't ask for adding features, because i do not touch this great rascarlos code :)

Download: rasbeanjelly_full_crespo_ota_2013-01-17.zip - 192.92 MB

Last edited:

klinker

Oct 11, 2011
Koper
Screenshoots:​

75410477.png
96845639.png
47512191.png
91368216.png
37420818.png
13749067.png
77624387.png
85244720.png
26963106.png
94913599.png
80598340.png
51918682.png
75092284.png
98326615.png
25868949.png
49072914.png
20656089.png

Last edited:

klinker

Oct 11, 2011
Koper
No. But i realy don't see any diference with or without tweaks with marmite kernel. With trinity there was diference, but marmite is realy badass kernel for crespo and with seeder there is no need for any other tweak. This rom is builded in this way after many tested combinations and with this combination it work in best way.
But i also alredy contact brainmaster for some info, so i hope he will help me for future builds ;)

Reactions: pulidzz

Androyed

Jan 1, 2011
No. But i realy don't see any diference with or without tweaks with marmite kernel. With trinity there was diference, but marmite is realy badass kernel for crespo and with seeder there is no need for any other tweak. This rom is builded in this way after many tested combinations and with this combination it work in best way.
But i also alredy contact brainmaster for some info, so i hope he will help me for future builds ;)

I do it mainly for the host files (adfree). If there's not really a speed improvement, I will download AdFree in the play store. That does the same thing, right?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

By the way, when do you think you will have the update with the swipe keyboard ready? Is there sense in waiting?

klinker

Oct 11, 2011
Koper
I do it mainly for the host files (adfree). If there's not really a speed improvement, I will download AdFree in the play store. That does the same thing, right?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

By the way, when do you think you will have the update with the swipe keyboard ready? Is there sense in waiting?

Try first this adfree, cause i integrate some things from the tweaks :p

I make a new build when rascarlo update source. Yesterday see a post with new features in rasbean, so i think will be soon :)

Zahih

Feb 28, 2012
hi klinker,
Finally you create your own thread here..
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus S i9023 using XDA Premium

raducux

Dec 14, 2010
Samsung Gear S3
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
I have to say...real nice transparency theming overall and in apps. The rom seems smooth till now.
It would be nice to be able to change the quick settings tiles or order.
And nice one on the reboot tile....was just wondering about it these days.
Keep it up! And thanks .

Just noticed that swipe keyboard doesent work even if its checked in settings .

Last edited:
Reactions: klinker

klinker

Oct 11, 2011
Koper
not yet..but he said in OP it will be included in the next release.

klinker, this 17.1.2013 release is the same with your release in rustyjay threads?

Yes and no :p In this build i put the wallpaper from screenshots in the launcher and set as default when the rom boot the first time, BLN now work out of the box and also added calendar :) this if you installed the update, of course ;)

skinner12

Aug 5, 2011
www.androidaily.com
Re: [rom][4.2.1] Rasbean_SmokedHoloEdition (17.01.2013)

Nice to see it.. I've installed few hours ago latest rom in the other thread.. Which are the differences with this?

Thanks..

Nocerino's Rulez with RAScarlo's ROM features TriNitY ;)

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
very fast rom. but the battery is quite average.
anyway, can anyone please teach me how to properly theme the mms app? i need to change the default contact image and some text colors.

skinner12

Aug 5, 2011
www.androidaily.com
Re: [rom][4.2.1] Rasbean_SmokedHoloEdition (17.01.2013)

Hi, I have a problem.

Sometime I get dark green screen. I tried with 2 kernels but I still have problems.. How can I resolve it? Only with 4.2.1. When I reboot screen goes normal with standard colors..

I tried with kernel that supports voodoo colors and with trinity that it hasn't..

Thanks..

Nocerino's Rulez with RAScarlo's ROM features TriNitY ;)

Reactions: lazyGG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RasBean SmokedHoloEdition

Builded from Rascarlos source
    GIVE HIM A THANKS

Other credits go to:

Articudos
    RustyJay
    Bedalus
    Brainmaster
    Greenblue
    djdarkknight96
    Maped
    all other contributors & users on this forum

What you get:

Improved visual: Smoked transparent background's, redesigned dialog windows, change orange png's with blue, etc...
    Added apps: RBJ GApps, Busybox, SuperSU, Photosphere, ColorNote, Cpu Spy,ES file explorer, Maps with StreetView, Music, ThinkFree
    Dark Holo MMS with quick reply by jase33 & rethemed by me - hit him a thanks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1745830
    Kernel: Marmite 7.3CM with BLN by bedalus - hit him a thanks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1719775
    Seeder tweak by brainmaster - hit him a thanks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1454289

Install instructions:

- backup your apps & data with Titanium Backup
    - MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP IN CWM OF CURRENT ROM

- wipe data/factory reset
    - wipe dalvik in advanced menu
    - format system, cache, data and boot in mount & storage menu
    - install zip, reboot & enjoy

Notes:

IMPORTANT: This rom is not compatible with BM tweaks!!!
    When install NS tools for kernel kontrol, run it, then reboot in cwm and fix permissions
    Wipe data/factory reset with rom installed will delete browser

Not working/bugs:

Swipe keyboard (will have it in next build)
    Camera FC when touch the screen on video recording (will search for a fix)

Please don't ask for adding features, because i do not touch this great rascarlos code :)

Download: rasbeanjelly_full_crespo_ota_2013-01-17.zip - 192.92 MB

Screenshoots:​

75410477.png
    96845639.png
    47512191.png
    91368216.png
    37420818.png
    13749067.png
    77624387.png
    85244720.png
    26963106.png
    94913599.png
    80598340.png
    51918682.png
    75092284.png
    98326615.png
    25868949.png
    49072914.png
    20656089.png

congratz klinker.
    long live the crespo!
    For people like me, they think 3 home screens are more than enough ;)

3_homescreen_launcher.zip - 11.45 MB
    Maybe if I ask really nice, he will show me what needs to be done.

Yeah, i will send you a txt file with my mods as i promised, bud now are two weeks i work 12h a day and don't have time yet to do this.

On the road with my Nexus S...