Windows Live (connection) problems

Search This thread

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Hi there,

I noticed Windows Live messenger also connects through gprs (when configured under connections), when a wireless lan connection is available. Internet Explorer works fine, and doesn´t try to connect through gprs when wifi is available and enabled. This sucks big time.

Besides this I wonder if there is already a fix for disabling windows live messenger putting it´s contacts in the phone contact list??

Hope someone can help..
regards,
DM

unwired4

Feb 27, 2007
London
Windows Live defaults to gprs. Just disconnect gprs, then sign in and when it starts connecting to gprs, hit cancel. As long as you do have wifi connected it will use that.

I think MS had to make it use gprs to keep the networks happy to include it.

The sync issue hasnt been resolved in the latest live - it is an option to merge dupes but it doesnt seem any better

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Windows Live defaults to gprs. Just disconnect gprs, then sign in and when it starts connecting to gprs, hit cancel. As long as you do have wifi connected it will use that.

I think MS had to make it use gprs to keep the networks happy to include it.

The sync issue hasnt been resolved in the latest live - it is an option to merge dupes but it doesnt seem any better

Thank you for replying. This wasn´t the case with WM5 and pocket msn.
Also, why does internet explorer not have this issue? It really sucks. the solution you´re saying, doesn´t work for me. It keeps trying to connect while a wifi connection is working for Internet explorer.

marisa4755

Oct 17, 2005
When it did this on mine, I would use connection manager to stop the wifi connection and then start it again, and then, mysteriously, it would stop trying to connect the gprs. Worth a try?

silent_killa

Jul 23, 2005
My windows live never successfully connects through 3G/GPRS always times out. Works through wifi no problems, and internet works fine through 3G/GPRS.
Any ideas??

S.K.

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Marisa, thanks for your reply. Your suggestion works for me only occasionaly. I´m thinking of removing live messenger completely. Is there a way to do this? I installed it on the clean LVSW ROM of 26 march...

regards,
DM

otoro_315

Nov 9, 2006
Yokosuka
@dmxl
re-install the OS only that is your best bet to remove the MS Live messenger. that is what i did on my device to get rid the MS Live messenger and i never do that install again.