[Q] [q] htc one max (t6)

Search This thread

htct6

Jan 25, 2014
Hey Guys and Girls,

I am at a loss here and i really need your help.

I have recently got a HTC one Max and i have unlocked the bootloader.

So now my finger print scanner will not work.

I have been on here all day trying different ways to get the bootloader locked again, but noting works.

revone wont work, rumrunner wont work.

I have hboot 2.47.0000

now i have read somewhere that anything above 1.55 wont be able to get s-off, which will enable me to lock the bootloader.

Please can some one help...............:crying:

Ohhhh guys please help,

I flashed another boot.img file and now the t6 is just resetting itself over and over again. I cant get to the bootloader or shut the phone down.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2012
Dothan, AL
Alright, let's get some clear information here...

So you've unlocked the bootloader, correct?

Edit: okay, I see what you mean now. I'm assuming that you have tried to s-off via rumrunner, but it is failing. How exactly is it failing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

jaypeg123

Sep 20, 2009
Malmoe
You can't lock it unless u are s-off. But kitkat is just days away and my guess is that we will get a new hboot version and then we take it from there. Cheer up and flash back your own bootloader, and wait.. Wait.. Wait

Sent from my HTC One max using xda premium

htct6

Jan 25, 2014
HTC t6

Alright, let's get some clear information here...

So you've unlocked the bootloader, correct?

Edit: okay, I see what you mean now. I'm assuming that you have tried to s-off via rumrunner, but it is failing. How exactly is it failing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah rumrunner, i have tried the universal one Version 5 and the one for the T6 and both fail.

both get so far and that fail. One error message says FATAL ! try rumrunner again.

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
Yeah rumrunner, i have tried the universal one Version 5 and the one for the T6 and both fail.

both get so far and that fail. One error message says FATAL ! try rumrunner again.

You need to disable your firewall/Anti-Virus for RumRunner or it will fail.

Your fingerprint scanner needs a locked bootloader to function. You can change the bootloader flag to Locked again after S-OFF and that will restore your fingerprint scanner.

jaypeg123

Sep 20, 2009
Malmoe
??? If there is anyone with hboot 2.47 that succeeded in gaining s-off with rumrunner, please let us know how you did it.

htct6

Jan 25, 2014
Nope No Success

Hey

just a little update for you all.

I have now managed to get my Max back operational however finger print scanner will not work :silly:

I have tried rumrunner (Generic) again still no joy :crying:

I have just tried the revone way ./revone -P gives me error code 1. But doing ./revone -l or ./revone -t says its successful but hen booting back into bootloader still s-on and tampered and unlocked :crying:

Thanks for everyones advice :D

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
Hey

just a little update for you all.

I have now managed to get my Max back operational however finger print scanner will not work :silly:

I have tried rumrunner (Generic) again still no joy :crying:

I have just tried the revone way ./revone -P gives me error code 1. But doing ./revone -l or ./revone -t says its successful but hen booting back into bootloader still s-on and tampered and unlocked :crying:

Thanks for everyones advice :D

The fingerprint Scanner checks the bootloader status. If the status is Unlocked the Fingerprint Scanner is disabled. You can "Lock" your bootloader again but using my tool in Scotty1223's thread or following the step by step instructions. The Thread is in the General Section. Additionally, we do not user RevOne at all as it was designed for the HTC One. Granted the phone hardware is similar but some newer users may break something if we suggested using even 1 function of a tool for another phone. So I tend to avoid offering HTC One tools.

htct6

Jan 25, 2014
S-Off

The fingerprint Scanner checks the bootloader status. If the status is Unlocked the Fingerprint Scanner is disabled. You can "Lock" your bootloader again but using my tool in Scotty1223's thread or following the step by step instructions. The Thread is in the General Section. Additionally, we do not user RevOne at all as it was designed for the HTC One. Granted the phone hardware is similar but some newer users may break something if we suggested using even 1 function of a tool for another phone. So I tend to avoid offering HTC One tools.

Hi DeadPhoenix.
Thanks for the info, I have read @scotty1223 's post. But its the S-On issue I cant get around. I just cant get it to S-off. :mad:

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
Hi DeadPhoenix.
Thanks for the info, I have read @scotty1223 's post. But its the S-On issue I cant get around. I just cant get it to S-off. :mad:

You can't use HTCDev Token to unlock your kernel, Recovery and System paritions?

If you can't use HTCDev then you will need to use Rumrunner to achieve S-Off. Disable Firewall and Anti-Virus prior to running Rumrunner as indicated in the instructions for Rumrunner.

Last edited:

mini88448

Oct 12, 2013
You can't use HTCDev Token to unlock your kernel, Recovery and System paritions?

If you can't user HTCDev then you will need to use Rumrunner to achieve S-Off. Disable Firewall and Anti-Virus prior to running Rumrunner as indicated in the instructions for Rumrunner.

Hi DeadPhoenix I'm just asking what is the difference between unsecure kernel and insecure kernel because I cant seem to s-off my 8088 (t6tl) with rumrunner too.
My Rom is JSS15J <--- Stock rom
Rooted
Cant s-off

Last edited:

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
Hi DeadPhoenix I'm just asking what is the difference between unsecure kernel and insecure kernel because I cant seem to s-off my 8088 (t6tl) with rumrunner too.

As far as I know the term is the only difference. Insecure and unsecure are synonymous (as far as I know). We do know from Beanups that the hboot version is not a factor when S-OFF'ing using Rumrunner.

In most cases the reason most Rumrunner S-Off processes fail are due to one of the following:

User error in following the very specific Rumrunner directions.

Windows

HTC drivers installed and working – fastboot AND adb drivers
HTC sync removed (not closed – REMOVED)
All other phone software removed or disabled (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
VM’s are unsupported.
ALL firewalls and internet security applications should be totally disabled. If you get stuck with rows and rows of dots during the connection test process, it’s network filtering or other network issue!
A working internet connection
USB debugging enabled on your device
Fast boot disabled on your device (settings -> battery -> UNcheck “fast boot”)
Your device must be HTCDEV unlocked or rooted unless using rumrunner with a device blocked by htcdev (e.g. m7wlv)

Instructions
Once you confirm you meet the above pre-requisites, it’s time to get started.

Read all of the directions on this page before proceeding to the downloads page.
Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled.
USB 2.0 ports are preferred.
USB 3.0 ports are known to cause connectivity problems
You should not be connected using any hubs which may cause connectivity issues
Use the original HTC USB cable or a cable that you know to work with adb and fastboot on this device

Ensure that lock screen security is disabled on your device.
no passcode lock
no pattern lock
no face lock

Be sure to disable any Firewall or Anti-Virus applicatoins for the during of the Rumrunner process.

Last edited:

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
As far as I know the term is the only difference. Insecure and unsecure are synonymous (as far as I know). We do know from Beanups that the hboot version is not a factor when S-OFF'ing using Rumrunner.

In most cases the reason most Rumrunner S-Off processes fail are due to one of the following:

User error in following the very specific Rumrunner directions.

Windows

HTC drivers installed and working – fastboot AND adb drivers
HTC sync removed (not closed – REMOVED)
All other phone software removed or disabled (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
VM’s are unsupported.
ALL firewalls and internet security applications should be totally disabled. If you get stuck with rows and rows of dots during the connection test process, it’s network filtering or other network issue!
A working internet connection
USB debugging enabled on your device
Fast boot disabled on your device (settings -> battery -> UNcheck “fast boot”)
Your device must be HTCDEV unlocked or rooted unless using rumrunner with a device blocked by htcdev (e.g. m7wlv)

Instructions
Once you confirm you meet the above pre-requisites, it’s time to get started.

Read all of the directions on this page before proceeding to the downloads page.
Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled.
USB 2.0 ports are preferred.
USB 3.0 ports are known to cause connectivity problems
You should not be connected using any hubs which may cause connectivity issues
Use the original HTC USB cable or a cable that you know to work with adb and fastboot on this device

Ensure that lock screen security is disabled on your device.
no passcode lock
no pattern lock
no face lock

Be sure to disable any Firewall or Anti-Virus applicatoins for the during of the Rumrunner process.

I think the rumrunner (0.5) is not working on the most recent purchased One Max international version... I tried several times but rumrunner always doing the <pouring x...> until it finally gave up on around 10 times.... I didn't update with unsecured kernel since on the rumrunner's web site, they said it's not relevant anymore...

Any other suggestions here?

jaypeg123

Sep 20, 2009
Malmoe
Firewater works on the latest hboot 2.47 google it, I dont want to make a thread about it, cos the devs maybe going to do it later. But I got s-off in 2 min.

htct6

Jan 25, 2014
OMG !!!!!!

Firewater works on the latest hboot 2.47 google it, I dont want to make a thread about it, cos the devs maybe going to do it later. But I got s-off in 2 min.

OMG thank you soooo much I'm now finally S-off.

thanks Firewater devs and you @jaypeg123.

finally can get to work in locking my bootloader and getting my phone back to std :D

just followed @scotty1223 post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540004 and now finger print scanner back working again.

Thanks for everyones help :)

Last edited:

jaypeg123

Sep 20, 2009
Malmoe

Top Liked Posts