Camera purple/blue/red tint problem

Search This thread

stealth09

May 25, 2010
Hello all,

This problem occurs when taking pictures when there is less light. From what I have read the only way to fix this is to send the phone to HTC for a hardware repair. However, I had bought this phone second-hand from someone online. How could I use the warranty now? Please advise.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Hello all,

This problem occurs when taking pictures when there is less light. From what I have read the only way to fix this is to send the phone to HTC for a hardware repair. However, I had bought this phone second-hand from someone online. How could I use the warranty now? Please advise.

The phone should still be under warranty. Just get on a chat with HTC and get a repair ticket set up and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: stealth09

stealth09

May 25, 2010
The phone should still be under warranty. Just get on a chat with HTC and get a repair ticket set up and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for your reply, but will they accept it if I am not the original buyer of the phone? I bought it second-hand from Gumtree.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for your reply, but will they accept it if I am not the original buyer of the phone? I bought it second-hand from Gumtree.

They should since it would be within the one year. I don't think selling a phone breaks the warranty. If you get on a chat with them they'll ask you for your info and worst case scenario is they tell you no.

Reactions: stealth09

spydersilk

Oct 6, 2010
Yes, I bought mine off of Craigslist. They didn't even ask me if I was the original owner. It is under warranty and they fixed my camera issue without any problems. Took almost exactly 2 weeks to get the phone back from the day I sent it.

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
I had HTC repair my camera and not only did they expedite shipping (standard overnight) the camera looks great now when taking pics, The phone looks perfect just like I sent it in. Looks brand new. The actually changed the motherboard and put a new sticker with all the new info on it.

I called them, ask if they could do something more than standard ground and had a prepaid label in my email about an hour later. I brought the phone to fedex saturday morning, it shipped to htc by monday morning 9:30am and was showing in repair at 11am then an email around 5pm that it was done and setup for fedex pickup. Received it at 230pm today.

I think their service and repair was outstanding.

Reactions: Sheldor1967

omgyeti

May 4, 2012
NW Florida
So I did some Googling in order to get an answer as to whether I can send my phone in for this fix without getting it back unrooted/S-On.

From what I've read it seems to be hit or miss.

Anyone reading this sent one in that was S-Off, only to have it come back stock/S-On?

im_high_tech

Apr 26, 2011
So I did some Googling in order to get an answer as to whether I can send my phone in for this fix without getting it back unrooted/S-On.

From what I've read it seems to be hit or miss.

Anyone reading this sent one in that was S-Off, only to have it come back stock/S-On?

If you send it S-OFF, technically you are breaking the warranty. And that would REALLY suck for you, cause you would be without a phone for about 2 weeks and it would come back in the same condition, AND you wouldn't be able to fix it anymore afterwards. So you kinda gave birth to 3 birds with one womb.

I S-ON'ed mine when I sent it in, and luckily since this was within a week or 2 of 4.4.2 coming out, they only flashed 4.2.2 (I think. This was like 8 months ago. Whichever version is currently rootable). I would suspect that now, your phone would come with 4.4.2 + Sense 6.0, which is not rootable.

omgyeti

May 4, 2012
NW Florida
I'm considering flashing a stock rom, then doing a faux h-boot that indicates s-on and removes the unlock/development red text from the startup image.

I just worry that they might have a flash stock rom/recovery step that they do regardless of what is on the phones that get which would lock me up with an unrooted phone once I got it back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

They should since it would be within the one year. I don't think selling a phone breaks the warranty. If you get on a chat with them they'll ask you for your info and worst case scenario is they tell you no.

I had HTC repair my camera and not only did they expedite shipping (standard overnight) the camera looks great now when taking pics, The phone looks perfect just like I sent it in. Looks brand new. The actually changed the motherboard and put a new sticker with all the new info on it.

I called them, ask if they could do something more than standard ground and had a prepaid label in my email about an hour later. I brought the phone to fedex saturday morning, it shipped to htc by monday morning 9:30am and was showing in repair at 11am then an email around 5pm that it was done and setup for fedex pickup. Received it at 230pm today.

I think their service and repair was outstanding.