★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] UnSenseSIX-KitKat | 1.54.401.5 | RC1.2 | Google/HTC Sense 6.0 Hybrid | Beats Audio | Zoe | Xposed | 04-11-14 ☆ ★

Search This thread

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
How about the 3dot menu in apps any way to get rid of it ?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

You can use something like Gravity Box to remove it, but anytime you do, it seems to interfere with how Recent Apps behavior works.
Feel free to experiment with modules and see if you find one that works for you.
Neither the m7 or m8(soft menu key, yes) have a menu button though, so neither the main base I am using or the first device I port it to, have a menu button otherwise.
I do have Logo2Menu in my m7 kernel, but not everyone likes to use that.
So, it's pretty much something that has to be there or live with any weirdness caused by making it not show.
Essentially all that Gravity Box is gonna do is the hwemu build prop mod, which has always interfered with Recent apps for me, so I don't do it.
Maybe with that and other remapping, you can find a combo that works for you.
Try Gravity Box and/or Xposed Additions.

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
Cool man I'll play with it I used gravity box to use recents as menu but the 3 dot is still persistent

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
@tdizzle I forgot the exact parameter, but you just need to add a line to the build.prop to get rid of the 3 dot menu.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Cool man I'll play with it I used gravity box to use recents as menu but the 3 dot is still persistent

Miscellaneous > Force overflow menu button > force disable

The Recents can be assigned for Menu in system Settings > Buttons & Gestures in this and NuSenseSIX currently as well.(just fyi)

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
@tdizzle I forgot the exact parameter, but you just need to add a line to the build.prop to get rid of the 3 dot menu.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is the parameter, but I'm telling you it will mess with button behavior.
Code:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
That's why I hard coded the m8 buttons out of the framework or else you would have to use that to not have the softkey bar.
The m8 base is a little different...but feel free to experiment anyway.

IndyRoadie

Aug 1, 2010
Been playing around with this ROM as a daily driver for a couple days, and haven't found any major issues. The only thing I could think of the mention is the Volume Up Wake.
For some reason on a few ROMs I try, this feature is sporadic. I have ROMs where it never works, ROMS were it always works, and ROMS like this one where it works sometimes, and doesn't others..
Certainly not a deal breaker, as I love e3verything else. :)

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Been playing around with this ROM as a daily driver for a couple days, and haven't found any major issues. The only thing I could think of the mention is the Volume Up Wake.
For some reason on a few ROMs I try, this feature is sporadic. I have ROMs where it never works, ROMS were it always works, and ROMS like this one where it works sometimes, and doesn't others..

Pretty sure I can post a fix for you in about 10 minutes that should let it stick better using the one in Gravity Box is what I tested it on my m7 with.
I'll try it on the DNA and post it up shortly.

Here, try this in combination with Gravity/Sense6Toolbox or some other Xposed Volume Wake Tweak enabled.
Make sure after you flash that, and enable the tweak, that you have rebooted once completely before testing it.
Worked for me.

Last edited:

RBB_2012

Dec 1, 2012
A2
Pretty sure I can post a fix for you in about 10 minutes that should let it stick better using the one in Gravity Box is what I tested it on my m7 with.

Here, try this in combination with Gravity/Sense6Toolbox or some other Xposed Volume Wake Tweak enabled.
Make sure after you flash that, and enable the tweak, that you have rebooted once completely before testing it.
Worked for me.

I've found that Volume Wake works only when the phone is not in deep sleep mode. Its been the same for me at least when I was running CM11/AOSP before trying your Roms. That behavior persists even after flashing the zip and enabling Sense 6 Toolbox/Gravity and rebooting twice. Great ROMs though. I've been running the sense rom for about a week and has been rock solid. Thanks.

shug2oo6

May 3, 2008
On the overflow bar u can just go to gravity box and enable on screen buttons then set height to zero should get rid of 3 dot menu as well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

IndyRoadie

Aug 1, 2010

Worked for me.

Awesome, thank you!

I will give it a shot and report back.

UPDATE:
I think that did it!

It wasn't working with the Option enabled in Sense 6 Toolbox, but it seems to be working with it Enabled in GravityBox..

Thank you again!

Last edited:

jhmn7

Nov 11, 2010
Still loving this rom, but I can't seem to find the sense 6 toolbox module in xposed. I only have gravity box. Any place I can grab that from?

I also found one slight bug. My keyboard defaults back to the stock htc keyboard after every reboot.

mopartonyg

Jan 19, 2011
L.A. Area
Reactions: jhmn7

Ghost401

Aug 10, 2010
Cranston
lock screen

Is anyone else having an issue with the lock screen locking immediately. I selected the 3,5 even 30 mins options but it still locks automatically.

spikeyjohnson

May 7, 2011
USB Debug?

I just installed the rom and and really digging it but I was about to sideload some data for my backups when I noticed I didn't have USB Debugging enabled. SO, I figured I would go enable it in the settings. The issue I'm at now is there is no USB Debugging feature, there isn't even a developer's menu. Am I missing something?

Also for the person above, USB OTG does work!

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I just installed the rom and and really digging it but I was about to sideload some data for my backups when I noticed I didn't have USB Debugging enabled. SO, I figured I would go enable it in the settings. The issue I'm at now is there is no USB Debugging feature, there isn't even a developer's menu. Am I missing something?

Also for the person above, USB OTG does work!

Settings > About > Build Number - tap it 7 times to reveal Developer options

Imacellist

Oct 20, 2011
Modesto, CA
Please update OP with Bluetooth call problems. I'm waiting to try this out but need Bluetooth. OP says no problems but that problem has been acknowledged so it would be great if that is stated. Thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] UnSenseSIX-KitKat | 1.54.401.5 | RC1.2 | Google/HTC Sense 6.0 Hybrid | Beats Audio | Zoe | Xposed | 04-11-14 ☆ ★

~UnSenseSIX~
    KitKat

Google Edition - HTC Sense 6.0
    Hybrid

UnSense.png

attachment.php

Will be updating the features list as this project continues to grow... :good:

Features:

HTC TV
    HTC People
    HTC Gallery
    HTC Dialer
    HTC People
    HTC Messaging
    HTC Music Player
    HTC Camera: Zoe, Slow-Mo, etc
    Beats Audio drivers from Sense
    Google Lockscreen with camera & Widgets
    Google Edition Smart Dialer
    Google Experience Launcher
    Google Edition Camera/Gallery
    Native Wifi Hotspot
    Google World Clock
    Google Calendar
    Google Calculator
    Aosp Messaging
    cLock Widget
    Gravity Box
    Sense 6 Toolbox
    Xposed Framework
    Viper4Android Audio
    MusicFX
    HTC EQS

Screenshot_2014-04-06-05-40-53.png

Credits:

UnSenseSIX Developer: Santod Mods

HTC for the awesome device and base!
    Google for their Play Edition series
    Inspiration: Virus and all the great devs out there!
    Disconnecktie: For his endless testing when I need it!
    Androidfilehost/Rep: Rom hosting support and InfectedROM site host
    CM Team (Cyanogen Mod Roms) for some parts used in making this rom!
    MASSIVE THANKS and appreciation:
    To any and all who have donated and supported!!
    Anyone I may have forgot!

attachment.php

Requirements:

You must be S-Off and running the latest firmware and radios to flash this rom!
    If you notice any bugs, please be descriptive in your report and include logs if possible.
    You agree to flash this at your own risk, your warranty was void the moment you gained S-Off. :p

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Sharing Policy:[/COLOR][/B]
    If you would like to use this rom or parts of this rom, in your own, you must ask me for permission first!
    Please do this via PM, so as not to distract from the purpose of the thread.
    These matters are best dealt with privately, for everyone's sake.
    Thanks for your undertanding and consideration.
    Violators of the above, will be reported to XDA Moderation for proper handling.

UnSenseSIX
    DOWNLOADS:

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES
    I TRACK DOWNLOADS TO KNOW WHAT PROJECTS STILL HAVE INTEREST!!!

(ie: your mirrors could cause the project to end early)

UnSenseSIX Kitkat RC1.2 04-11-14
    Mirrors
    Suggested Recovery:
    TWRP
    DO NOT ENABLE ART - This is still Sense based and Art does not work on Deodexed Sense based roms yet.
    MOBILE DATA is toggled OFF by default! You can enable it in the dropdown upon initial boot!

Known Issues in RC 1.2:

None that I know of...

OLDER VERSIONS:

I will continue to try and improve on this project!
    I hope you enjoy UnSenseSIX!
    :cool:

Wanna buy me a coffee to keep me going?
    CLICK HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    UnSenseSIX KitKat, a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    santod040
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest hboot, radios and firmware
    Based On: Sense 6.0, Google Play Edition 4.4.2

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC1.2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-10

Created 2014-04-11
    Last Updated 2014-04-20
    Thank you! Downloading now!

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

OK, not quite done uploading. Will check back in a bit. Thank you

You're welcome, link's up now. :good:

Worked for me.
    @santod040
    mirror link for version RC1.2

please put it in frist post

I already have a mirror and I've asked you to please not do that...:confused:

MIRRORS
    Can't download using 3 different browsers on device. I haven't tried my pc yet but I'm not near it until tonight. Thanks santod040

Uploading mirror links now...sorry about that.