[Release] Clockwork MOD recovery for Moto Defy [OUTDATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
This recovery is outdated, i suggest, do not use it. Download Defy 2nd init from market and follow the instructions.

Reactions: obscurant1st

alexgv99

Mar 19, 2009
Porto Alegre
Hi tenfar... first of all, thanks for your hard working. I'm new on this stuff, but I'd like to know what is the prime diference between this app and the original, from Koush. I'm sorry about the newbie question, but I really couldn't realize that.

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Again :) This whole thread is outdated. Tenfar does not own Defy anymore. Use 2ndinit.

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
I do understand... It's a problem, when this forum has no moderator and not much useful threads are sticky for newcomers. Search is nice, but if you don't know what to search and you can search only once for some seconds, then it's useless.

pied_piper

Oct 19, 2008
before this is closed off

I used this method to install JBoogie 2.3.3 worked like a charm, as 2ndinit would always give me the error about not being able to mount the sd card in clockworkmod recovery? Searched all over for help on it, changed sd card, cleaned contacts.....no joy.

but when I ran this version it worked like a charm. SO my question is. If you use this method can you only boot into recovery from the app? So if I was to have a problem with a rom, I would be a bit stuck if I couldn't get into android?

Cheers

maxiordoqui

Aug 18, 2011
This **** did a hard brick in my phone. I flashed with rsd lite with every single SFB and it rebut itself continuosly, it's unbrickeable.. ****, i'm screwed.

vick33

Dec 11, 2010
This **** did a hard brick in my phone. I flashed with rsd lite with every single SFB and it rebut itself continuosly, it's unbrickeable.. ****, i'm screwed.

Did you wiped before and after fashing an SBF? Did you flashed leaked defy+ rom?
And why dont you used 2nd init? This recovery is outdated for a 8 months...

SuperSkill

Jun 25, 2011
Kristiansand
Yeah, outdated it is, after any sbf flash if you get this line at 100% in rsd lite: "please manually boot up your phone", take battery out for 10 sec, then press and hold power and vol-, you see the warning and android icon, then simultaneously press both vol-+ and you will get into stock recovery, there wipe data/cache and then wipe cache and reboot after. You have to use the correct sbf, read in other tread about it, search please :D

Reactions: droid_<3er

droid_<3er

Dec 20, 2011
Vancouver
I do understand... It's a problem, when this forum has no moderator and not much useful threads are sticky for newcomers. Search is nice, but if you don't know what to search and you can search only once for some seconds, then it's useless.

We do have a moderator, he is very helpful. There's just too many N00BS who don't read before they flash. We have some
very good stickies, but N00BS just don't READ them.

This happened to me after I attempted to install the custom recovery using this app

E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/command
E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/caller
E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log

This is a xross post from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16590123#post16590123

STOP USING THIS APP. USE 2nd-init or EASYRECOVERY INSTEAD. DAMMIT YOU GUYS DON'T TAKE HINTS WELL

And yes, I read your other post too. You don't READ, no one will want to help you.

Reactions: SuperSkill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OUTDATED !!!! this is outdated.

KTKR User please do not use this. if you want to use this please post your devices' init.rc and init.mapphone_umts.rc file.I will work on that.. Thanks

Hi Guys,

Finally, with my hard work based on Koush's Clockwork Mod recovey.

I made a Customize Recovery for Defy Users.

source code release at
    https://github.com/tenfar/defy_recovery
    https://github.com/tenfar/android_vendor_motorola_umts_jordan
    https://github.com/tenfar/defybootstrap
    you can download from here.

The pic below shows the recovery menu and some Themes ported from android 2.3 with some nice color mod.

if you guys like my work .please buy me a beer~ Thanks.

Mirrors are Welcome.but please include the original Sources. Thank you.

First you need got your device rooted
    then Install this apk File,
    Cilck the Install Recovery System.

then clikck ok in superuser permissions.

the you can boot into normal mode or power off or boot into recovery mode.

Enjoy. I will working on a custome rom. when it's release will let you know.

at the mean time you can wait for other developers to release their custome roms. eg. Handler's deblur rom.

UPDATED:
    fix sencend time boot loop bug, this bug was cause by when you click the "Install Recovery System " button twice. the hijacked logwrapper mv to original logwrapper.bin so it hijacked loop...

the attached file is a bug fixed version.Thank you all for using this recovery,and give me feedback. also thank you guys who buy me a beer...i will work on this makes it more stable.

this attached apk file is the bugfixed version updated at 2010-12-18 03:52 am CST
    View attachment 467632

Thanks beer from:

Higgsy
    Sorensiim
    and other friends who support my work.

original sources http://bbs.goapk.com/thread-46145-1-1.html
    re1.jpgre2.jpgre3.jpg

re4.jpgdefy.jpgdefy2.jpghanks
    Its a bootstrap recovery so it doesn't touch the original recovery, uninstall the app and the recovery is gone.
    To run RSD Lite while in a boot loop you need to power off your phone (remove the battery), then hold down the up volume key while turning the phone back on. You will see a black boot loader screen with some text. Attach your device and run RSD Lite. Make sure you have the most recent version of RSD Lite (4.9 I believe) or it might not flash.