[02/24/12][Team Rocket ROM][open beta ICS v4.0.3][v1.5][reworked 15Tooglebar]

Search This thread

Chris X.

Aug 1, 2009
Berlin
That very same thought crossed my mind!

The AOSP networklocation.apk is twice as big as this version ;)

... But it doesn't work in this ROM.

EDIT: the fix is in settings.apk I think.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

I'm on the fix and yes, we have to fix the settings.apk.
I can produce a setting.apk with location services but, then the fu...brightness and the volume will not work (fc).
Today I spent much time to find a fix for brightness and volume fc.
I worked with logcat and so on but @ this moment...I'm stuck.
Maybe the framework-res.apk plays a role. I changed some things in "Volume/Brightness.smali" but it will not work.
Btw there are tons of app for change the brightness and volumes.
I use e.g. the app lux by Vito Cassisi from market. It works so fine!

Chris X.

Aug 1, 2009
Berlin
how about the dialer contact search bug and also the contact display bug when receiving call?

This is the suffering of a beta tester but why do not use exDialer and exContacts?
Both are to download for free @market
btw exDialer have a really beautiful ICS theme.
And yes, both apps works with 240dpi fine.
Its free, so we could it to build-in in v1.6!?

DSD99

Mar 31, 2009
So whats the trick to gaining write access to system? Or at least a way to write the build.prop so I can get 240 DPI on this. 320 DPI is waaaaay to big for me know.

Anyone running a custom DPI, if so how did you do it? I have root access and super is fine. Just this issue and Portable Wifi hotspot doesn't work :(

(Yes I've read all pages and didn't see a solution before posting!)

If you CANT write to system then you DONT have root access.
it has been mentioned dozens of times that just because superuser seems to work doesn't mean you have full root access.
Follow the install instructions properly and you will get write to system.
GB to Chinese REPACK to RR 1.4 to RR 1.5.
And make sure Chinese repack is installed by odin or the mobile version.

if you simply DONT KNOW how to write to system just use any root access file explorer (i use Root explorer). There should be an option onscreen or in the menu to Change R/O to R/W. in root explorer you simply press at the top of the screen to enable write access.

Last edited:

schokibaerchen

Oct 11, 2009
Stockelsdorf
OT: i want to buy a tablet next week.
Which one schould i buy?

Galaxy 10.1n or transformer prime?

I think prime with keydock is a better deal...

Send with my SGNote

davidfrog

Jan 15, 2011
Paris
ok, here is v5-buglist with current stati in v6 I am testing right now:

- Click on photo in message makes system freezes --> SOLVED
- Usb tether needs to be clicked twice or thrice to be worked --> works on first touch for me, SOLVED
- Occasionally freeze of nova launcher when we delete the apps from home screen --> I do not use Nova
- When we toggle data between 2g or 3g, the data connects automatically with 15 toggle mod --> yes, still open

- Wifi N at 5GHz --> can not test, but think still persisitant - might be kernel related
- 3G Location --> still open - might be due to chinese restrictions on google
- When toggle wifi on/off sometime the wifi connection stuck and just right now the phone go off by itself (NORMAL) --> works fine for me, SOLVED
- sometimes when installing something from market the "installing notification" still in the notification bar but the installation is finished, go to market by clicking on notification to stop (MINOR) --> SOLVED
- bad crop/resize of images for the background (ok for lockscreen background) --> might e a 3rd party launcher prob, works great on TW
- the notification bar appears on lockscreen --> feature :)
- SMemo FC when deleting Memo --> SOLVED
- Camera FC after taking picture -->SOLVED
- auto brightness keeps turning on even when manually turn off under settings --> SOLVED
- wlan hotspot shutting off once tried connecting another device.(APN settings all correct) --> SOLVED

Great !! wonderfull work !
weird the 3G location restriction there is not even the option in the menu just before GPS.

:D something more, when we are copying (ie with ES Explorer) or uploading (ie to facebook) the gauge on notification bar overlaping the text

lorekarf

Dec 2, 2009
Genova
1.whatsapp doesnt start.Force closes after installation :(
2.restoring apps in titanium backup is not possible. FC when trying to restore.

Both things should work. Check if u are properly rooted.
You can do this by trying to copy paste any file from sd card to system with root explorer.

For whatsapp if you are rooted and have fc just uninstall whatsapp. Delete the whatsapp folder in your system/app . Restart and install from market. I had one fc at start but since then it works

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk

Chris X.

Aug 1, 2009
Berlin
Both things should work. Check if u are properly rooted.
You can do this by trying to copy paste any file from sd card to system with root explorer.

For whatsapp if you are rooted and have fc just uninstall whatsapp. Delete the whatsapp folder in your system/app . Restart and install from market. I had one fc at start but since then it works

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk

ThX lorekarf!
Yes whatsapp works also fine.
I've tested it. It seems really O.K. without any issues but I dont use it so much.

Chris X.

Aug 1, 2009
Berlin
I'm on the fix and yes, we have to fix the settings.apk.
I can produce a setting.apk with location services but, then the fu...brightness and the volume will not work (fc).
Today I spent much time to find a fix for brightness and volume fc.
I worked with logcat and so on but @ this moment...I'm stuck.
Maybe the framework-res.apk plays a role. I changed some things in "Volume/Brightness.smali" but it will not work.
Btw there are tons of app for change the brightness and volumes.
I use e.g. the app lux by Vito Cassisi from market. It works so fine!

postscript:

for brightness and volume fc's...there are inital issues. It seems the settings.apk cant find the volume-and brightnessbar.

jason370

Mar 30, 2010
NYC
check out page 263 - [post 2613] a post by Huzz - that's what i used, it worked perfectly.

I started with the latest Darky ROM used mobile ODIN to flash the Chinese leak and followed Huzz's instructions ( i never flashed any kernels)

ACYV - i don't understand your post? as long as you can get into Clockwork you can flash another ROM.

Splash

here's one of my issues:

these instructions would be great except that i cant seem to dod a nandroid restore. So im assuming i need to flash a GB rom somehow but that isnt working either.

Im currently stuck in limbo on 1.4 unrooted whoich means i cant get to 1.5 unless i go back down to GB, which i cant seem to be able to do since the entire process is based upod doing a restore (and i cant ).

Some help would be greatly appreciated if anyone properly understands my dilemma here...

thanks again

jason
]

Captain Splash

Apr 27, 2008
here's one of my issues:

these instructions would be great except that i cant seem to dod a nandroid restore. So im assuming i need to flash a GB rom somehow but that isnt working either.

Im currently stuck in limbo on 1.4 unrooted whoich means i cant get to 1.5 unless i go back down to GB, which i cant seem to be able to do since the entire process is based upod doing a restore (and i cant ).

Some help would be greatly appreciated if anyone properly understands my dilemma here...

thanks again

jason
]

you dont need to restore - go into clockwork (from bootup not the app) and install any GB Custom ROM. Add an account, don't sync - go to market download Mobile ODIN - then flash the Chinese repack follow the instructions from post 2613 (by Huzz on Page 263) and all should be cool.

This is what i did yesterday at one point i lost ROOT but doing the above got it back. I've been rocking this ROM for over 24 hours with no major issues (that i've found so far anyway.)

Splash

diegomtoscano

Mar 26, 2011
Quito
I'm getting mainly a android process acore stopped ...d something to do with contacts Facebook sync maybe?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

jason370

Mar 30, 2010
NYC
you dont need to restore - go into clockwork (from bootup not the app) and install any GB Custom ROM. Add an account, don't sync - go to market download Mobile ODIN - then flash the Chinese repack follow the instructions from post 2613 (by Huzz on Page 263) and all should be cool.

This is what i did yesterday at one point i lost ROOT but doing the above got it back. I've been rocking this ROM for over 24 hours with no major issues (that i've found so far anyway.)

Splash

1) i booted into recovery
2) selected "choose zip from sd card"
3) selected "choose zip from internal sd card"
4) selected Rocket Rom v22 LA6

result is:

CWM- Based Recovery v5.0.2.7
-- Installing /emmc/download/rocket-v22-la6-eybee1970.zip
finding update package...
opening update package...
E: can't open /emmc/download/rocket-v22-la6-eybee1970.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

this is the reason i've been posting in the first place. since i cant seem to flash a GB rom, so i'm assuming there is a specific method i would need to use which i have no idea what that would be.

some help here would be appreciated like i cant tell you

thanks guys,
jason

Captain Splash

Apr 27, 2008
1) i booted into recovery
2) selected "choose zip from sd card"
3) selected "choose zip from internal sd card"
4) selected Rocket Rom v22 LA6

result is:

CWM- Based Recovery v5.0.2.7
-- Installing /emmc/download/rocket-v22-la6-eybee1970.zip
finding update package...
opening update package...
E: can't open /emmc/download/rocket-v22-la6-eybee1970.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

this is the reason i've been posting in the first place. since i cant seem to flash a GB rom, so i'm assuming there is a specific method i would need to use which i have no idea what that would be.

some help here would be appreciated like i cant tell you

thanks guys,
jason

Have you tried putting the ROM on the INTERNAL Memory - that's where i keep mine - in case i cant get to the external memory.

Are you saying you have tried it from both memory locations?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    35trrlogosmall.png

O.K. guys here comes our first ICS customer rom.
    This will be a coproduction with eybee, Chrack, nobnut and me.
    Pls, pls dont forget it, this is an open customer rom beta from the first leak of ICS 4.0.3@Samsung Galaxy Note.

If you dont make a fullwipe after the ics flash, so pls wait for the official ICS Rom by Samsung.
    Note, from Android v2.3.6 to v4.0.3 its a huge step.
    You have to make a fullwipe after the flash!

If you set all you like, pls reboot...

to-do and known issues:

fc = stock video editor
    Swype still in English only (pls. dont update it!!!)

User feedbacks via Vids:

Special thX to batista70

How To get Root on ICS:

If you are already on Chinese ICS Stock ROM or any Custom ROM based on Chinese ICS, then first test if you are fully rooted. You can test that with Root Explorer by trying to copy/paste any file you have on your SD Card to you /system - if this copy/paste will be successful, you are already rooted properly.

If this test fails --> you are not on a proper rooted Chinese ICS ROM now!!! So follow each and every step from Reb0rn here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22877518&postcount=182
    or from Chris X. here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22843343&postcount=1259
    After that you will definately have FULL ROOT!!

Installation Instructions for v1.5:

After you have checked being on a proper rooted Chinese ICS (see point above!), do the following steps:

1. If you are not already on a proper rooted Team Rocket ROM v1.4, so pls make a fullwipe (Factory Reset) before your flash the v1.4, then flash the v1.4 and after this make a fullwipe again!!! If you will not do that, you will have serious trouble!!!! Reboot your device afterwards and setup your Google Account! (If you are already on a proper rooted v1.4, you do not have to do that and can directly go to point 2.)
    2. After that boot back in Recovery and flash v1.5 without Wiping anything
    3. Reboot your System
    4. Now you have a fully working v1.5, bloody fast and ready for daily USE! :)

If you have trouble with this instructions so you can take a look to this other way:

...or this way:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23019257

We want to say thank you for it @ underlines and Ash! ;)

Changelog v1.5:

- Dialer working now - no more FC's
    - Settings working now without FC's (Brightness, Volume, Tethering, Lockscreen Wallpaper)
    - SMemo included and working
    - DSP Manager now working - you can choose in Settings between FX and DSP
    - changed Battery Icons to Jkays Green Circle (fits better imho)
    - some more tweaks for more Smoothness and Speed

Download v1.5: http://rocket.ph0enyx.de/rom/TeamRocketRom_ICS_Notev1.5_beta.zip
    Mirror1: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3jz3fTcP9vLNlR2aFFxSldRMC11TTVoNGVVNTF4dw&export=download
    Mirror2 (really fast!): TeamRocketRom_ICS_Notev1.5_beta
    Mirror3: TeamRocketRom_ICS_Notev1.5_beta
    Mirror4: TeamRocketRom_ICS_Notev1.5_beta (incl. I9220LP1-N7000-ICS-REPACK.tar.zip) (ThX mfractal)

optional:

If you're on a working v1.5, so you can flash this *.zip with cwm recovery. Then you will have a nice reworked 15Tooglebar and the App "QuickPanel Settings". (reworked = fixed USB mass storage fc and some graphic)

If you dont like it, so you can flash this *.zip with cwm recovery. After that you have restore it to orig. 5ToogleBar for TRR v1.5.

Changelog v1.4:

- buildprop tweaks
    - cwm manager incl.
    - framework tweaks (like % battery mod, crt off effect, better performance, smoother scrolling)
    - added mass storage in settings (under "more")
    - added wlan location service in settings
    - added fx music settings for better quali. by headphones and speaker
    - modded busybox (hope it works) (v1.19.3) (can be update to v1.19.4 with free market apps)
    - and more, sorry we forgot it

Download v1.4:

http://www.mavendo.de/2012/02/22/galaxy-note-team-rocket-rom-ics-4-0-3-v1-4/
    Mirror1: http://j.mp/rocketrom14
    Mirror2: http://www.techinferno.com/downloads/?category=32 (incl. I9220LP1-N7000-ICS-REPACK.tar.zip) (ThX mfractal)

Changelog v1.3:

- pls make a fullwipe after the flash (also when you are on v1 or v1.1!)
    - huge rework of all GoogleApps
    - added some important *.so
    - many bugfixes:
    * fixed FC Camera
    * fixed FC Musicplayer
    * fixed FC GoogleVoice (TTS)
    * fixed FC brightness (in settings)
    * fixed FC WhatsApp Messenger
    - and many more

Now we got a mirror for our open beta roms.

http://www.mavendo.de/2012/02/21/team-rocket-rom-ics-4-0-3-v13/

Special thX to faxe78!

Download v1.3:

http://www.mirorii.com/fichier/51/50...m_ICS-Notev1-3 beta-zip.html

v1.1:

Download v1.1:

http://www.mirorii.com/fichier/47/50...m_ICS-Notev1-1 beta-zip.html

v1.0:

Download v1:

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/SE3P7PZLA18
    http://www.mirorii.com/fichier/92/505472/ICS-Notev1 beta!!!-zip.html

Notes:

Our team works in parallel with Windows and Linux. So we have better chances to create a build. (I'm working with Linux.)

Yesterday I've been looking for apktool.jar to decomile/compile of ICS 4.0.3-*.apk's. Thats really important for us.
    I found only a solution for *.jar Files but nobnut got it. Thank you so much, for spent your time!
    Now we can both. Decompile *.apk files and *.jar files for ICS 4.0.3.

Warning!

Dont use the app "Superuser Update Fixer" e.g. for an update of "SuperUser" or dont update SuperUser via market!
    We had already integrated a working app "SuperUser". (v3.0.7)
    Pls use this "old" version and dont update to the newest.
    There are known issues with Android v4.0.3.
    It seems its not the fault from the RocketRomTeam.

btw if you have a backup (e.g. about Titanium Backup) of the newest SuperUser and/or SuperUser Update Fixer, dont restore it!

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php

What is SuperUser?
    explained quickly and easily:

This app manage the root rights.
    If any app need root rights, so SuperUser asks you at least once to consent.

attachment.php

I know, you can disable this "asks" but I dont recommend it. For me its one of the best ways to find out, have I root or not, need this app root or not.

Superuser updates automatically after entering market. . We can stop that?

Thats O.K. but dont force it via Superuser update fixer.

The team and acknowledgements:

first of course all of our fans :)
    eybee1970
    chrack
    nobnut
    faxe78 (for a great server!)
    chainfire (kernel)
    nadavfeder (logo creator)
    many others ;)
    and me :p

Donations?

We don't need money for our work!!
    Pls donate to Medicins sans Frontieres
    http://www.msf.org/msf/donations/donations_home.cfm

or

This ROM is also a tribute to my dog. Her name was Alpha and she died on 20nd January 2010. I'll never forget she. She was the best friend I ever had!
    Semper Fi my friend! ;-(
    If you want to donate, so donates to "Greenpeace" or "4 Pfoten"!
    Thank you so much!
    Chris,

sent you framework with 1% Batt Hack + CRT-OFF...looking forward to
    Team Rocket
    (Chris X., nobnut, Chrack, eybee1970)
    :)
    Torrent in the house!

Please help to seed!
    Just to inform you shortly on which things we are working right now:

- Root Issue --> we'll contact different Kernel Devs for support
    - CRT-Off --> already done and in testing :)
    - 1% Batt Hack --> already done and in testing :)
    - Theming of the system --> being worked on (one option will be nobnuts DarkTheme! :))
    - including Mods and Hacks for better performance --> being worked on right now
    - FC of Phone-App -->being worked on
    - other things......
    v1.1

Changelog:
    - camera fixed
    - fm radio fixed
    - brightness fc fixed
    - phone fixed
    - contacts fixed
    - multi csc

ETA: ~ 40min. (Multiupload Mirror)