SG N9005 4.4.2 ROOT without trigger the Knox counter

Search This thread

DDBgermany

Jun 13, 2014
Frankfurt am Main
Hey there.

Am I right that as of now rooting my device will set the Knox count to 0x1 and there is no way around yet?
According to the linked post it is so
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498850
Well I'm just asking because he actually updated his thread the last time back in January and I'm afraid I just missed something here perhaps. Unfortunately I bought the phone second hand and it has been updated to 4.4.2 before.

It might seem stupid to ask but I already searched the web for quite some time and all l can find is pretty old.

May someone just answering my question please? :)

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hey there.

Am I right that as of now rooting my device will set the Knox count to 0x1 and there is no way around yet?
Well I'm just asking because he actually updated his thread the last time back in January and I'm afraid I just missed something here perhaps. Unfortunately I bought the phone second hand and it has been updated to 4.4.2 before.

It might seem stupid to ask but I already searched the web for quite some time and all l can find is pretty old.

if u still can't find any thread sayin success. or any thread for a procedure to do.. means the old one still valid.
:D

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

voxluna

Jan 3, 2009
SE Michigan
en.wikipedia.org
Hey there.

I'll tell you what not to do: use Kingo Android Root. I had read somewhere, possibly on another forum, that it would work. So I looked at their site, and strangely, Samsung wasn't shown among virtually every other manufacturer. But I downloaded it, and ran the program.

Needless to say, it tripped that flag, and it also left the phone soft-bricked -- only running the bootloader every time it rebooted -- until I ran CF Autoroot, which did root it but would trip the flag anyway.

And incidentally, I also soft-bricked after flashing Clockworkmod Recovery. After restoring it once before, I almost shat myself. But the fix was entering download mode (Vol+Home+Power) and pressing the Up button.

Scared the hell out of me, because I've had the phone like a couple days. Before that, I managed to screw up two LG G2's, plus had a third one stolen. Guess I can't leave well enough alone. :p Anyway, hope you have luck finding 0x0... if you find it, please tell everyone in this thread. I searched and read for half an hour, and found nothing.

Last edited:

DDBgermany

Jun 13, 2014
Frankfurt am Main
Thanks for all of your replies. Towelroot seems quite interesting. Unfortunately l can't try because I already rooted my phone.
Due to the fact that my Note 3 running stock was just such a frustrating experience l really couldn't wait. I was so upset with the performance Samsung delivered with it's "flagship" device that now I really don't care about Knox. Playing graphical intense games was just not possible I could literally count the frames. And the overall lag continued everywhere!
Now I'm running Echoe Rom v. 13 and the phone is blazing fast just I would expected. All the s pen features are still functional and due to root access l have full control (l don't even want to mention the issues with the sd card integration I had before).
If it wouldn't be because of the s pen features which I personally really appreciate I wouldn't have bought a touch wiz device in the first place... Rather l would have bought a Nexus 5 or Motorola to be frankly.

Top Liked Posts