[Q] (partly solved)S4 after recovery can't mount SD-Ext

Search This thread

bewolf

May 28, 2010
Gotse Delchev
Hello,
i can access only to bootloader and recovery. Try several times operations with change recovery, clear storage and hard reset.
The problem is that i see SD-EXT in recovery ( TWRP v.2.6.3.0 ) but only like a folder, no size, no nothing. Last time the problem was mount... and i resolve it but now i can't. Only see internal SD (in recovery) with 50 MB memory. The phone is ville S4 16GB, S-OFF, Unlocked, H-boot 2.16.
Lost over a day with try many solutions of my problem but didn't made it. Please HELP me with some ideas or better - solution of my problem.

p.s. Sorry for my bad english.

Edit step by step:
1 fastboot stock recovery... or i think its stock because i try with several recovery witch i think is stock (and may be here is my problem)
2 when i "clear storage" phone is reset in TWRP 2.6.3.0 don't know why...(after that step if i go in bootloader and try go enter again in recovery i get red triangle)
3 i go factory reset and reflash new recovery and can't mount SD-Ext

i go in CWM go wipe dalvic cache and i take again E:unknown volume for path [ext-sd]...

Please tell me where i go wrong, if some of u have stock recovery please give me link ot it.

EDIT 2: i try this methods
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086156
and again only see 50MB Internal Memory, the phone is rooted and again try with
-RELOCKED
-ville_recovery_signed.img (several diferent versions)
-clear storage
-factory reset
-flash recovery TWRP
and again didnt see SD-EXT
Am i brick my phone?

Last edited:

phoenixita

Apr 7, 2011
Civitavecchia
Hello,
i can access only to bootloader and recovery. Try several times operations with change recovery, clear storage and hard reset.
The problem is that i see SD-EXT in recovery ( TWRP v.2.6.3.0 ) but only like a folder, no size, no nothing. Last time the problem was mount... and i resolve it but now i can't. Only see internal SD (in recovery) with 50 MB memory. The phone is ville S4 16GB, S-OFF, Unlocked, H-boot 2.16.
Lost over a day with try many solutions of my problem but didn't made it. Please HELP me with some ideas or better - solution of my problem.

Edit step by step:
1 fastboot stock recovery... or i think its stock because i try with several recovery witch i think is stock (and may be here is my problem)
2 when i "clear storage" phone is reset in TWRP 2.6.3.0 don't know why...(after that step if i go in bootloader and try go enter again in recovery i get red triangle)

i go in CWM go wipe dalvic cache and i take again E:unknown volume for path [ext-sd]...

Please tell me where i go wrong, if some of u have stock recovery please give me link ot it.

-RELOCKED
-clear storage
-factory reset
-flash recovery TWRP
Am i brick my phone?

Go on hboot 2.15 and follow step for installing roms on 2.16 hboots i'm sure you'll solve the issue! Try connecting the phone to your pc and formatting the sdcard if this does not work try the first thing i said.

Reactions: bewolf

bewolf

May 28, 2010
Gotse Delchev
last night i try hboot 2.15 from this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39216236&postcount=274&nocache=1&z=674317537341266
but i think they are for Ville/C2. After i try hboot 2.15 internal storgage go 10GB and again cant mount sd-ext (i uploud ROM in internal memory and try to install it but get only Error) and i go again at hboot 2.16.
If u can give me hboot2.15 for Ville (S4) because cant find another.

EDIT1:after flash new firmware with hboot2.15 (from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2322755) again get 10GB internal storage and cant mount SD-EXT.
I'm totaly retire.....think i try everything for this days.... is some one have any idea.. please share.

EDIT2: After formating this 10GB internal storage i install Maximus HD10 4.2.2 android and i got only 2GB space.... dont know how this happened...but again have fully working phone with the diference that now is with hboot2.15 and only 2GB or memory...

EDIT3: now i have problems with SIM - after few calls my conversations stops and phone show message with NO SIM but have signal.. after few try to recall i have call again and after 1-2 min call stops and have again this message for NO SIM
The Question is: what i need to reflash to eliminate this problem, radio may be?

Last edited:

homeboy1956

Oct 25, 2013
Herford
last night i try hboot 2.15 from this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39216236&postcount=274&nocache=1&z=674317537341266
but i think they are for Ville/C2. After i try hboot 2.15 internal storgage go 10GB and again cant mount sd-ext (i uploud ROM in internal memory and try to install it but get only Error) and i go again at hboot 2.16.
If u can give me hboot2.15 for Ville (S4) because cant find another.

EDIT1:after flash new firmware with hboot2.15 (from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2322755) again get 10GB internal storage and cant mount SD-EXT.
I'm totaly retire.....think i try everything for this days.... is some one have any idea.. please share.

EDIT2: After formating this 10GB internal storage i install Maximus HD10 4.2.2 android and i got only 2GB space.... dont know how this happened...but again have fully working phone with the diference that now is with hboot2.15 and only 2GB or memory...

With HDMaximus you should only use TWRP 2.6.1 which is mentioned in the OP.
If u would bck to stock from hboot 2.16 u must flash any ICS RUU in fastboot for ur CID.
Then u can follow the installation for HDMaximus again, but its mandatory that ur S-Off

bewolf

May 28, 2010
Gotse Delchev
With HDMaximus you should only use TWRP 2.6.1 which is mentioned in the OP.
If u would bck to stock from hboot 2.16 u must flash any ICS RUU in fastboot for ur CID.
Then u can follow the installation for HDMaximus again, but its mandatory that ur S-Off

Im with Super CID (111...) S-OFF Hboot2.15 and CWM v.6....
I dont wana go back to stock... i wana go Kit Kat but now havent time because have tons of work from the last days and i think will try to do something on my phone this weekend.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Edit step by step:

-RELOCKED
    -clear storage
    -factory reset
    -flash recovery TWRP
    Am i brick my phone?

Go on hboot 2.15 and follow step for installing roms on 2.16 hboots i'm sure you'll solve the issue! Try connecting the phone to your pc and formatting the sdcard if this does not work try the first thing i said.