Remove Bloatware from Stock ZV8

Search This thread

jeff_roey

Oct 10, 2009
Springfield, PA
Thanks. I plan to stick with the stock rooted rom and removing bloatware is something I'd like to do. Could you provide a list that tells me exactly what this removes?

jeff_roey

Oct 10, 2009
Springfield, PA
Ok. I was able to get it. Thanks. Two questions:

(1) since this removes the bloat form the stock (odexed) V8 rom, I'm asuming it removes the .apks from system/app and removes the corresponding .odexs from system/framework, yes?

(2) There's a few apps and widgets like the LG Calendar widget I'd like to keep around. Can I simply make a copy of the .apks and .odexs this removes and restore individual ones by simply copying them back into their corresponding folders or is it more complicated?

Ok. I was able to get it. Thanks. Two questions:

(1) since this removes the bloat form the stock (odexed) V8 rom, I'm asuming it removes the .apks from system/app and removes the corresponding .odexs from system/framework, yes?

(2) There's a few apps and widgets like the LG Calendar widget I'd like to keep around. Can I simply make a copy of the .apks and .odexs this removes and restore individual ones by simply copying them back into their corresponding folders or is it more complicated?

(1) yes

(2) yes, just copy them back into /system/app make sure they have correct permissions otherwise they will fc. you can always fix permissions by using the option in CWM

Reactions: jeff_roey

revo_65

Sep 19, 2011
this worked good except there were a few apps it didnt remove...like blockbuster and some verizon apps

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
awesome work, just a quick question:

I thought bluetooth function was tied into the music.apk on previous ROMS ... and by freezing or removing it, bluetooth would no longer work. Is this not the case? I could be completely wrong here :p

elreydotcom

Aug 14, 2011
awesome work, just a quick question:

I thought bluetooth function was tied into the music.apk on previous ROMS ... and by freezing or removing it, bluetooth would no longer work. Is this not the case? I could be completely wrong here :p

In previous versions this was the case, I have not tested it on the zv8 version but I am assuming it is still the case because it is the only app that will stream through Bluetooth in my car. Any other app (Pandora, Google music) will only play through an aux cable

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

mattlwoo

Mar 22, 2011
Omaha, NE
Is it possible to run a .bat file that simply makes the ROM deodexed and allows a user to pick and choose what .apks to remove? Is there a master list of the .apks and the purpose/use? I know it would seem self explanatory by file name but it would be useful yo know if a certain .apk controlled a specific feature as well as system critical stuff to leave alone.

I certainly would like my revo to be more responsive and process more tasks at once, but I would also like to use some of the original features and software. I'd also like to learn more about how the process of adding and extracting stuff from ROMs works.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts