Slight rattle noise

Search This thread

junkinmytrunk426

Aug 23, 2012
Does anyone else have a slight rattle noise coming from the camera area/back corner? You cant really hear it unless you tap on the back of the tablet lightly. My old(2012) nexus doesnt make this sound and not sure if this is normal on the new 1s or not.

nextelbuddy

Aug 13, 2009
please dont start star the "screen lift" saga of 2012 with the 2013 model some people look for things wrong.. if you have buyers remorse take it back.

turdbogls

its the camera. you will notice that on a lot of devices with cameras. my Gnex does this, my wifes Droid Razr HD does this as well. my thunderbolt did it too. pretty sure it is something inside the camera housings.

dont tap there. its nothing to worry about.

i swear, the only time i find stuff wrong with my electronics is when OTHER people point them out.

Reactions: dillinjer

junkinmytrunk426

Aug 23, 2012
please dont start star the "screen lift" saga of 2012 with the 2013 model some people look for things wrong.. if you have buyers remorse take it back.

Buyers remorse? lol really? It was a legit question...thanks for your input tho

its the camera. you will notice that on a lot of devices with cameras. my Gnex does this, my wifes Droid Razr HD does this as well. my thunderbolt did it too. pretty sure it is something inside the camera housings.

i swear, the only time i find stuff wrong with my electronics is when OTHER people point them out.

My GNex doesnt make this particular sound, it makes a sound from the cover not being flush with the back tho.

Either way not a big deal, was just wondering if it was normal or not.

mertzi

Jul 8, 2011
ridiculous mentality from some people here. A LOT of users, me included, go to forums like XDA to learn about potential build flaws because some of us actually care about getting quality controlled devices for our money. I actually didn't buy the Nexus 10 because of all the reports, both from forums and in reviews, about the bleeding, and I'm grateful for all those reports.

Just because you'd happily pay for a product with obvious defects and then defend the manufacturer to the bone like it was your employer doesn't mean everyone have that attitude. In the year 2012 gluing a screen to a bezel shouldn't have been a problem.

I'm not saying the OP has discovered a flaw here but any report of potential flaws is appreciated by someone like me and your overly defensive mentality is sad to see. Don't decide for others what a flaw is cause it is highly subjective.

Reactions: im1000000man

turdbogls

My GNex doesnt make this particular sound, it makes a sound from the cover not being flush with the back tho.

Either way not a big deal, was just wondering if it was normal or not.

lol, i just took the battery cover off the phone and tapped around, and the rattling got even worse....lol. My new N7 does have the rattling, though I dont think i would have ever noticed it, and I dont think its a defect at all.

ridiculous mentality from some people here. A LOT of users, me included, go to forums like XDA to learn about potential build flaws because some of us actually care about getting quality controlled devices for our money. I actually didn't buy the Nexus 10 because of all the reports, both from forums and in reviews, about the bleeding, and I'm grateful for all those reports.

Just because you'd happily pay for a product with obvious defects and then defend the manufacturer to the bone like it was your employer doesn't mean everyone have that attitude. In the year 2012 gluing a screen to a bezel shouldn't have been a problem.

I'm not saying the OP has discovered a flaw here but any report of potential flaws is appreciated by someone like me and your overly defensive mentality is sad to see. Don't decide for others what a flaw is cause it is highly subjective.

i agree with that. its just some times (like the N7 screen lift saga) the defect isn't even noticeable until someone points it out to you.

junkinmytrunk426

Aug 23, 2012
lol, i just took the battery cover off the phone and tapped around, and the rattling got even worse....lol. My new N7 does have the rattling, though I dont think i would have ever noticed it, and I dont think its a defect at all.

had to test mine without the cover and see if it makes the noise and it does...replaced the cover and now it even makes the noise with the cover on. doh! :crying:

The volume rocker rattles when I tap it. I've noticed on very smartphone and tablet I've handled pretty much does it as well.

my volume rocker is solid, definitely seems like its coming from the camera.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Its the camera lenses. Perfectly normal. All cameras do this to some extent.

My galaxy nexus doesn't.... But remember it having a 0 shutter lag. Maybe it has a unique camera or something. Most other cameras click when tapped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

izint

Jul 30, 2013
does anyone else have it as bad as me?

I hear it even if i put if I put it down lightly.

example: flat on table with something soft under, pick up top area around 1cm and give it a little force pushing it down.

junkinmytrunk426

Aug 23, 2012
my first 1 was definitely louder than the replacement, i could hear it through the box. my replacement still does it when i place it on my lap or table, but its not as bad.

im pretty sure all of them do it. so if you dont have any of the other issues(dead pixel/QI not working etc) people are mentioning i would just keep it.

rick25

Aug 25, 2012
does anyone else have it as bad as me?

I hear it even if i put if I put it down lightly.

example: flat on table with something soft under, pick up top area around 1cm and give it a little force pushing it down.

Yup I have it the exact same. I was nervous cuz I had it in my backpack (in a sleeve tho) and noticed it after I took it out, but if other ppl have it I'll let it go... Certainly seems like the camera

HansPsy

May 19, 2013
Does anyone else have a slight rattle noise coming from the camera area/back corner? You cant really hear it unless you tap on the back of the tablet lightly. My old(2012) nexus doesnt make this sound and not sure if this is normal on the new 1s or not.

Hey,buddy.

I am confused about this , i mean , my nexus 7 has the identical issue even it is a very very slight tap...

Is it similar to yours?

not only the camera area but also the upper part of back cover...

junkinmytrunk426

Aug 23, 2012
it seems to be a normal to make the noise from the camera lens. i wouldnt worry about it too much.

I am still confused why some others have said they dont have the sound tho.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i hear a tapping noise when i tap on it.

come on man, do you buy products to find problems? do not make this into the screen lifting issue with the first nexus 7. noone needs you exchanging yours a hundred times taking away possible purchases from other people.

Its the focus lens, lots of devices do this

Sent from my Nexus 7