EU M8 charger

Search This thread

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
hey guys,
so I got my M8 2 weeks ago from the UK imported to Germany and they have of course different charger pins. Right now I am using my M7´s charger with 1A output, which is rather slow of course compared to the 1.5A of the M8 charger. I tried to find a original HTC europe charge on ebay and amazon etc with no success.

Does anyone know where I can get one from ?

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012
Lol I know that I could use a adapter but I really want a EU charger so I don't have to carry 2 things to get my phone charged.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

If I were you, I would probably just buy a 1.5A charger from a decent brand that would work. It'll be easier to find and probably cheaper as well, and it will work just the same.

Reactions: jonas2295

asianrage

Jan 4, 2009
Snohomish
FYI, the charger for the Samsung S4/Note2/3 runs at 2amp and will charge the device much faster. My previous phone is an S4 so I can tell you that it works well.

Traceamount

Jul 20, 2010
OKC, OK
I was wondering this myself. I hate how short the HTC cord is and I still have my s4 brick/cord.. been thinking about using it but didn't want to burn anything up. Same reason I'm hesitant on buying third party cords.

I've been using the 2.0a from my Nexus 7, doing full charge cycles (Yes I know, people believe the new batteries don't NEED conditioning, or full discharge cycles, and someone will surely link some random site that says full discharges may even be BAD for the battery - save it, just showing what I got), letting it die, and fully charge while off - roughly 60-90 minutes, I haven't set a stop watch to it. This is what I've gotten under light usage, reg power saver, 1hr+ talk time every day (2 30+ min calls minimum), brief gameplay/facebook and 20+ texts a day.

Sprint version on WiFi, GPS / bluetooth off, brightness 70%, NFC off, reg power saver (not extreme).

10273429_10152448176799851_4147335506828837448_n.jpg

Reactions: Powell730

asianrage

Jan 4, 2009
Snohomish
Dosent the battery get hot when charging with the S4 charger? I mean, it´s 2.0A...

No. The only time my phone gets hot is when I'm using it while maintaining 4G signal in a bad area.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I've been using the 2.0a from my Nexus 7, doing full charge cycles (Yes I know, people believe the new batteries don't NEED conditioning, or full discharge cycles, and someone will surely link some random site that says full discharges may even be BAD for the battery - save it, just showing what I got), letting it die, and fully charge while off - roughly 60-90 minutes, I haven't set a stop watch to it. This is what I've gotten under light usage, reg power saver, 1hr+ talk time every day (2 30+ min calls minimum), brief gameplay/facebook and 20+ texts a day.

Sprint version on WiFi, GPS / bluetooth off, brightness 70%, NFC off, reg power saver (not extreme).

Good lord!

pbedard

Jul 30, 2010
boston
I'm using my note 3 charger it doesn't get very hot only warm

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium HD app

dsmpampis

Oct 21, 2012
They are from Asian carriers, except for the first one but I don't think you can find them yet. Please feel free do some research ;)

Trust me I've done a research before I asked and I didn't find something that I can buy, that's why I'm asking. Maybe you have a link or something like that.

Anyway thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trust me I've done a research before I asked and I didn't find something that I can buy, that's why I'm asking. Maybe you have a link or something like that.

Anyway thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm keeping a close eye on the usual suspect sites for these Quick Charge 2 chargers. Nothing as yet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol I know that I could use a adapter but I really want a EU charger so I don't have to carry 2 things to get my phone charged.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

If I were you, I would probably just buy a 1.5A charger from a decent brand that would work. It'll be easier to find and probably cheaper as well, and it will work just the same.
    I was wondering this myself. I hate how short the HTC cord is and I still have my s4 brick/cord.. been thinking about using it but didn't want to burn anything up. Same reason I'm hesitant on buying third party cords.

Good news, quick charge 2.0 has accessories have finally arrived (none specifically for the HTC One m8, though)
    http://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/blog/2014/06/04/quick-charge-20-has-arrived