[Q] Upgrading BlackRose

Search This thread

roberto081194

Dec 12, 2013
San José
Hi guys, I have a little doubt of upgrading my HTC Nexus One :fingers-crossed:

First of all: The power button is broken (I'm searching where to buy this piece) :(

I was reading to upgrade the BlackRose to a newer version, using the comand line in Windows.

But the main doubt is: If I upgrade the BlackRose, does it affect the current ROM? (I'm using CM 7.2) :confused:

Thanks in advance

Mirko Lona

Jun 16, 2011
Verona
I have the power button broken too.
I don't know where to buy it.
But about your main problem, when you use blackrose you lose all the internal storage data is lost, so also your system and your apps (etc). You have to reinstall you system and gapps after you use blackrose.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: roberto081194

roberto081194

Dec 12, 2013
San José
But about your main problem, when you use blackrose you lose all the internal storage data is lost, so also your system and your apps (etc). You have to reinstall you system and gapps after you use blackrose.

I was searching in Amazon, but the seller sends from China :/

But, did you reinstall you OS? with the power button power?

Last edited:

roberto081194

Dec 12, 2013
San José
Done

I was a litle bit nervous to update blackrose or not with the power buton broken.

But I made it and it was better! The enter menu changed, you use the trackball instead of the power buton (Yai!!) Then you install the rest of the ROM.

So, if you are thinking to do or not, do it (obviously being carefully), because I did it and works, works better.

See you

Reactions: Mirko Lona

roberto081194

Dec 12, 2013
San José
Ok, I have a week testing 4.4 on my Nexus and works awesome!

Its better than CM7, more stable.

It has a widget to turn off, reboot, enter recovery on the cellphone correctly (if you had the power buton broken) and other widget to lock the screen.

In case that your cellphone reboots and it says that media process closed, reboot your cellphone again.

ultra99

Mar 26, 2010
Ok, I have a week testing 4.4 on my Nexus and works awesome!

Its better than CM7, more stable.

It has a widget to turn off, reboot, enter recovery on the cellphone correctly (if you had the power buton broken) and other widget to lock the screen.

In case that your cellphone reboots and it says that media process closed, reboot your cellphone again.

That's great news! For me, I get "waiting for device" when i try to install BlackRose. In Device manager i get HTC Bootloader device unknown, none for the drivers work. Got an idea?

roberto081194

Dec 12, 2013
San José
That's great news! For me, I get "waiting for device" when i try to install BlackRose. In Device manager i get HTC Bootloader device unknown, none for the drivers work. Got an idea?

What OS are you using? If you're using W8/8.1 it doesn't work (at least for me), I tried with W7.

Does it start your "old" Android OS?

Do you have the Stock ROM and Stock Bootloader?

You have to read and understand this post to install BlackRose:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270589

ultra99

Mar 26, 2010
What OS are you using? If you're using W8/8.1 it doesn't work (at least for me), I tried with W7.

Does it start your "old" Android OS?

Do you have the Stock ROM and Stock Bootloader?

You have to read and understand this post to install BlackRose:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270589

I have CM 7.1, 2.3.7. I'm on win 8.1 pro. I think i have the stock android recovery.
For some reason, in Bootloader: BlackRose, Radio-5.12.00.08; Nov 28, 2011

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Done

I was a litle bit nervous to update blackrose or not with the power buton broken.

But I made it and it was better! The enter menu changed, you use the trackball instead of the power buton (Yai!!) Then you install the rest of the ROM.

So, if you are thinking to do or not, do it (obviously being carefully), because I did it and works, works better.

See you