|REF| Your One-Stop-Shop for rooting, roms, kernels, tools and themes!|UPDATED!| 1|17

Search This thread

AJ7677

Jun 7, 2010
Houston
Juggernaut tweak transfers.

Just and FYI...I used Juggernaut 4.1 and customized everything that I liked with the MIUI battery bar and tweaked the colors. I did a Titanium Back Up and when I flashed a new ROM and recovered by back up, all the tweaks from Juggernaut 4.1 came back on top of a ROM that did not have ROM Tweaks. Strange, but they all still worked. Has anybody else seen this happen for them?

whipps

Feb 6, 2011
Florida
This is a great place to start, but does any one know if kenvan19 (OP) is keeping this updated?
I would have thought there was an ICS ROM 4.0.3 for this phone by now.

bchon

Feb 23, 2012
Northwest/burbs, IL
So i recently made the switch over from Apple and am having a great time learning about Android. Ive been reading up on rooting my 989 but have just one question.. My PC's pretty old and i for the life of me cannot get it to recognize my phone when plugged in VIA usb port. Tried installing the samsung drivers but that didnt work. This isnt the first time i had hardware interface issues with my pc.. Was womdering if anyone thats on a old machine running XP could help me out? The rest of the rooting procedure seems pretty straight forward. TIA.

Sent from my SGH-T989

mikron24

Mar 21, 2011
i am sorry for asking this question about cpu kernels but how does one back up the stock kernel before one proceeds for the Samsung Galaxy sii (T989) recently rooted my device and its all good

JBurch/cry

Mar 8, 2012
This entire post is two years old, is it up to date?

Your One-Stop-Shop for all things Hercules!

I made one of these threads for the Nexus S and while I maintained it, it was a big hit so since no one else has started one I figured I'd step up to the plate!

First, a few disclaimers! READ THESE FIRST!
~Anything you do to your phone is your fault! Neither myself, nor the developers whose modifications are listed below are fiscally, morally, emotionally, or any other '-ly' responsible for what happens!

~Some of these guides will be using a program called ODIN or Heimdall. These are incredibly powerful programs and can save you from what would/should be a brick. THEY CAN ALSO VERY EASILY BRICK YOUR PHONE BEYOND ANY RECOVERABLE STATE! Use at your own caution! I recommend reading extensively and asking questions BEFORE using them!

~There are probably more disclaimers I should add so....

OK! We've got all the un-fun stuff out of the way, so lets get started!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Current Setup:
ROM: Juggernaut 3.7 (BEST RELEASE EVAR) By Team Kang
Kernel: Bullet 2.8b by Team Kang
Theme: ICS Theme by qasimzia512
Info: I've been running Juggernaut for some time now and its my current favorite just because its so damn stable. I gave CM a shot (and as you'll see a few posts down) I'm a bit of a CM fanboi but at this time there are just too many bugs to be my daily driver. Team Kang has put out a rom that has a lot of the features I desire (rotary lockscreen, notification toggles, and many more customizations) while making it extremely stable AND maintaining great battery life (yesterday I got 19 hours before I plugged it in and I still had 21% left after spending most of the day on mobile data and max screen brightness). In fact I did a test one day and just left my phone at home so it was idling all day and dropped 29% is 14 hours. Thats staggering! Chances are when CM gets stable I'll jump ship over to that because its just what I'm used to and what I love but for the time being, I'm more than happy on Juggernaut.

A note for Devs: If I haven't noticed your ROM, kernel, theme, or mod and you'd like it added to this list feel free to PM me and I'll get it up as soon as I can. Also, if I HAVE listed your work and you would like me to modify or even remove the listing, just let me know!​

I am looking to root my T-mobile Galaxy S2 T989. I live in the U.S. and just had my phone unlocked by samsung. I'm looking to root my phone and also make sure I've found a reliable un-root method in the event I need to un-root at some point. I came to this site and noticed the site was last edited some two years ago. The link to download the clockwork mod is broken, yet the other files were downloadable. My concern is, one - am I getting the most updated info here, two - are these files i'm downloading the latest versions, and three - why hasn't anyone posted to this in two years. I want to make sure I'm getting current info in regards to rooting my phone because I don't want to brick my $600.00 investment. I just recently had samsung unlock my phone through T-mobile and i'm ready for the next step. My phone is an American T-mobile Galaxy S2.

Model number SGH-T989
Android Version 2.3.6
Baseband version T989UVKL1
Kernel version 2.6.35.11
Build number GINGERBREAD.UVKL1

Please help me find a reliable site to get updated files to root my phone. I tried xda-developers and the androidforums.com which basically leads to the xda-developers site. I'm worried about trying some youtube stuff and I can't find anything newer than two years so i'm worried. Please help.​

krazyjase

Aug 1, 2008
I am looking to root my T-mobile Galaxy S2 T989. I live in the U.S. and just had my phone unlocked by samsung. I'm looking to root my phone and also make sure I've found a reliable un-root method in the event I need to un-root at some point. I came to this site and noticed the site was last edited some two years ago. The link to download the clockwork mod is broken, yet the other files were downloadable. My concern is, one - am I getting the most updated info here, two - are these files i'm downloading the latest versions, and three - why hasn't anyone posted to this in two years. I want to make sure I'm getting current info in regards to rooting my phone because I don't want to brick my $600.00 investment. I just recently had samsung unlock my phone through T-mobile and i'm ready for the next step. My phone is an American T-mobile Galaxy S2.

Model number SGH-T989
Android Version 2.3.6
Baseband version T989UVKL1
Kernel version 2.6.35.11
Build number GINGERBREAD.UVKL1

Please help me find a reliable site to get updated files to root my phone. I tried xda-developers and the androidforums.com which basically leads to the xda-developers site. I'm worried about trying some youtube stuff and I can't find anything newer than two years so i'm worried. Please help.

Um, this thread's first post was only 5 months ago (in October of 2011). I'm not sure where your 2 years comment is coming from?

eisoh

Jan 11, 2012
Thanks for this thread... You have no idea how much this helped me understood how to root/install roms. Always heard my friends talking about rooting and whatnot, this guide is great. Highly recommended!!

tamosaur

Nov 18, 2010
Hi everyone! I am confused about how to change the battery icon on my phone. I'm currently rooted and running foxstar rom. I got the paid version of rom toolbox and rom manager but whenever I change the battery icon, it never changes. Help please!

tamosaur

Nov 18, 2010
Another thing, I tried out juggernaut 5.0 and really liked it over foxstar. However, it's missing swype and I can't install it. Yes, I have signed up for beta and got swype installer, etc. But it force closes before installing the swype keyboard. I've rebooted and tried again, still no luck. Can anyone please help me?

EDIT: YAY! I figured it out!!! I did a complete wipe and then re-intalled the ROM and was able to get beta swype.

Last edited:

Corrupt0387

May 23, 2012
Need Info

I did all my research and feel comfortable preforming the root. But I can't seem to get the correct odin3 v1.85. I tried multiple sites. My computer will download zipped file but there isn't a odin3v 1.85.exe?? Just a Odin app. When you double click, Japanese letters show up and you sere Odin briefly and it's gone. I Hope I'm posting in the right area. I googled tons of options and everywhere says to ask here.

bigpopaart

Dec 8, 2011
Installing Kernels

Sorry im a noob, but how would you install:confused: a kernel ? Can you use any kernel on any rom ?

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
Sorry im a noob, but how would you install:confused: a kernel ? Can you use any kernel on any rom ?

You would install by flashing it via CWM. Most definitely you cannot flash any kernel on any ROM. First, the must be the same Android version,GB or ICS. Second the ROM must be able to accept custom kernels. AOKP and CM9 have their own kernels.

Edit: AOKP and CM9 don't have their own kernels, sorry.

Sent from the Darkside, ICS style

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts