[Q] Flyer will no longer charge, Damaged Charge Port

Search This thread

Renegade360

Apr 23, 2008
SW FL
So I've always been really carfull plugging in my charger. Never had an Issue. I get a Wifi Flyer for my wife for Christmas and she has already broken the charging port. It appears that the internal tab has been pushed into the devise so it won't engage the charger. Anyone experience this?

My plan is to take it apart and attempt to repair the port. Haven't found the right driver yet to get the screws off the back. It appears to be a star bit and a 1.27mm hex won't work.

Anyways after the case is off, I'm guessing it will take a little soldering to put it back in place as I'm not hopefull it just popped out and can be pushed back. Any Advice would be welcome.

Renegade360

Apr 23, 2008
SW FL
Couldn't find the correct bit at any store in the area. Have one on order from amazon, should be here Tuesday. Will update when I get it apart.

dan1101

Jan 6, 2012
I struggle about every night to get my View plugged in. Can't be good. Is there a dock available and is it any safer?

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
So I've always been really carfull plugging in my charger. Never had an Issue. I get a Wifi Flyer for my wife for Christmas and she has already broken the charging port. It appears that the internal tab has been pushed into the devise so it won't engage the charger. Anyone experience this?

My plan is to take it apart and attempt to repair the port. Haven't found the right driver yet to get the screws off the back. It appears to be a star bit and a 1.27mm hex won't work.

Anyways after the case is off, I'm guessing it will take a little soldering to put it back in place as I'm not hopefull it just popped out and can be pushed back. Any Advice would be welcome.
I had the issue. HTC repaired it for free under warranty

Nick N

Sep 10, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Call HTC and send it back for warranty repair. My Flyer had a damaged LCD and we sent it to HTC and they repaired it for free.

I bought mine "open box" from Tech4Less in November, it was originally from Best Buy. It is worth a shot in my opinion. I figured mine was a long shot since I had no proof when and where I bought it from, but they fixed it anyways!

tirrell57

Apr 20, 2012
waranteed

I had the same problem and I sent it back and they repaired it for free. Make sure you have a backup as they factory reset