[GUIDE][I9100G][GB] Root Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G

Did this method work?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Paras Lehana

Mar 6, 2012
Noida
--- DISCONTINUED ---​

UPDATE (Please Read): This is a guide for Rooting GT-I9100G on Gingerbread (2.3.6). Please don't use it for I9100 or on any other version than GB 2.3.6. This guide was originally posted by me on 29th March 2012. So, it's bit old now and you may like to follow other updated guides and methods. Well, I've shared another guide below to help newbies. As of 2014, I've bought a new phone, the Samsung GALAXY S4, so,I'd like to discontinue this thread. Still, anyone who's confused about anything or need any kind of help can contact me or simply post here until Mods don't close this thread. :)

PS: Thanks everyone, especially XDA, for the support, suggestions and everything else. Love you all. :)

--- ORIGINAL POST ---​

Hi, I'm Paras Lehana.
My friends always asked me how to root their Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G. Moreover, I'm not able to find any specified page for rooting this G variant here on XDA. So, I decided to make a thread to help anyone who wants to root their I9100G.

CREDIT - 'Android Application Development' By Donn Felker
XDA Member creezalird (FB - Tengku Zulhilmie T. Aziz)
Mahadir Ahmed

Method Last Updated - Thursday, March 01, 2012

Disclaimer
I'm not responsible for any damage done to your phone. There's no chance of bricking your G if you follow the steps carefully. Ask anywhere you have doubts or your heart says, "It's risky here, buddy". As known, your warranty is voided if you root your phone but it can be regained by unrooting it.

Be Cool....! It's not a tough process :cool:

The method I'm going to describe is the most common method (for other methods post below):

FLASHING ROOTED KERNEL

Advantages :

• Fast method, CWM support directly assuming the rooted kernel supports it.
  • Applicable to almost all stock firmware even up to the latest so far.

Disadvantages :

• A bit dangerous, soft bricked may or may not occurred.
  • Without USB jig, warranty will be voided as binary counter is increased and yellow triangle occurred. Without USB jig, only yellow triangle can be removed. Binary counter can only be reset with USB jig and only from old bootloader (KJ2 and lower)

Required Applications - Odin (File is attached)

How To:

• Download one of the rooted kernel
  1. Superatoms (version 2.1 is very stable and recommended)

2. MyGKernel (still stable but quite old and not updated so far)

3. Lucifr (currently on development and have some new features)

NOTE: Every kernel may have some other steps to follow. You can check them out in their respective threads. I'm only giving the basic and common flashing steps.

• Go to Download Mode : Turn off phone. Hold vol down+home+turn on button. Release the on button after phone is turning on. After a few second, release all buttons. After that vol up.
  • Run Odin, connect phone with usb cable, yellow COMx will be shown in Odin
  • Re-partition should not be ticked (no pit file is required here)
  • Select PDA button, choose the downloaded kernel file (usually a .tar file)
  • Click Start, a PASS will be shown if succeed

RESULT: Rooted (Superuser) and CWM Recovery :rolleyes:
-------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD THE FULL PDF GUIDE FOR I9100G

The whole credit of this guide - even the thread - goes to XDA member creezalird. On his precious request I'm posting that link here. Please bless this real man with some Thanks Buttons :)

LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF - http://db.tt/BwlUTGIl

PLEASE THANK ME IF YOU LIKED MY WORK - IT HARDLY TAKES FEW SECONDS TO CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW

PLEASE CLICK SUBMIT THREAD AS NEWS TIP ON THE TOP OF THE HEADER IF YOU WANT PEOPLE SUFFERING LIKE YOU KNOW THE SOLUTION
PLEASE VOTE ON THE TOP OF THE THREAD FOR THE RESULT OF THIS METHOD

Attachments

• Odin3-v1.85.zip
    198.9 KB · Views: 9,970
Last edited:

idbilal

Dec 24, 2011
Islamabad
yar mine phone infi is as following
PDA : I9100GJPKH8
Phone: I9100GDZKH5
CSC: I9100GOJPKG7

suggest me a stable n compatible kernel

idbilal

Dec 24, 2011
Islamabad
Hi, I'm Paras Lehana.
My friends always asked me how to root their Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G. Moreover, I'm not able to find any specified page for rooting this G variant here on XDA. So, I decided to make a thread to help anyone who wants to root their I9100G.

XDA Member creezalird (FB - Tengku Zulhilmie T. Aziz
Mahadir Ahmed

Disclaimer
I'm not responsible for any damage done to your phone. There's no chance of bricking your G if you follow the steps carefully. Ask anywhere you have doubts or your heart says, "It's risky here, buddy". As known, your warranty is voided if you root your phone but it can be regained by unrooting it.

The method I'm going to describe is the most common method (for other methods post below):

FLASHING ROOTED KERNEL

Advantages :

Disadvantages :

• Without USB jig, warranty will be voided as binary counter is increased and yellow triangle occurred. Without USB jig, only yellow triangle can be removed. Binary counter can only be reset with USB jig and only from old bootloader (KJ2 and lower)

How To:

1. Superatmos (version 2.1 is very stable and recommended)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369977
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1327509
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1506954

• Go to Download Mode : Turn off phone. Hold vol down+home+turn on button. Release the on button after phone is turning on. After a few second, release all buttons. After that vol up.

PLEASE THANK ME IF YOU LIKED MY WORK - IT HARDLY TAKES FEW SECONDS TO CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW

PLEASE CLICK SUBMIT THREAD AS NEWS TIP ON THE TOP OF THE HEADER IF YOU WANT PEOPLE SUFFERING LIKE YOU KNOW THE SOLUTION

i got CWM recovery but didnt get super user

Reactions: disme547

Paras Lehana

Mar 6, 2012
Noida
Last edited:
Reactions: idbilal

adynax

Jan 28, 2012
then u can install 'set cpu' to set ur cpu speed, it important to optimize and save ur battery.
buy them at google play or market.
pls click thanks button if this help u:)

Reactions: idbilal

mcva

Apr 26, 2006
Sorry to say that you are on thin ice... about warez sites where you can download apk's... Me nor xda doesn't want anything to do with those sites, like referring or mentioning (see xda rules). Paid apps must be paid for. Be fair.

Paras Lehana

Mar 6, 2012
Noida
is there any way that i can install paid apps for free ?? like i did in iphone by installeous
Ya, since your phone is rooted you can easily crack them.
But due to XDA Forum Rules, I can't share any information regarding warez here.
You may contact me on Facebook for more details
Paras Lehana - http://www.facebook.com/paras.lehana

-----------------------
Don't forget to click the Thanks Button and vote above ;)

idbilal

Dec 24, 2011
Islamabad
no phone didnt vibrate but screen become black which means hardware is all ok

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

im sure its kernel problem coz before root it was working perfect so there is no reason of hardware failure just right after root .. so i can smell somthing fishy in kernel .. can u please tell me how can i update to any other kernel

Paras Lehana

Mar 6, 2012
Noida
Check Fus Firmware Downloader

im sure its kernel problem coz before root it was working perfect so there is no reason of hardware failure just right after root .. so i can smell somthing fishy in kernel .. can u please tell me how can i update to any other kernel

Here's the solution to download the most recent stock firmware:

• Download Check Fus Downloader 2.1
http://fus.nanzen.se/download.php?id=12

• Enter The Mobile Data There

For you:

Go to Standard and Enter this

OS - Android
Model - GT-I9100G
Product Code - GT-I9100LKGPAK
Hindswer - I9100GJPKH8/I9100GOJPKG7/I9100GDZKH5/I9100GJPKH8

• Start Downloading

CHECK FUS SITE can also be used to get the detailed info about your phone and the firmware for it :)
http://fus.nanzen.se/

Click Thanks If That Helped You To Start Climbing The Stairs :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    --- DISCONTINUED ---​

UPDATE (Please Read): This is a guide for Rooting GT-I9100G on Gingerbread (2.3.6). Please don't use it for I9100 or on any other version than GB 2.3.6. This guide was originally posted by me on 29th March 2012. So, it's bit old now and you may like to follow other updated guides and methods. Well, I've shared another guide below to help newbies. As of 2014, I've bought a new phone, the Samsung GALAXY S4, so,I'd like to discontinue this thread. Still, anyone who's confused about anything or need any kind of help can contact me or simply post here until Mods don't close this thread. :)

PS: Thanks everyone, especially XDA, for the support, suggestions and everything else. Love you all. :)

--- ORIGINAL POST ---​

Hi, I'm Paras Lehana.

XDA Member creezalird (FB - Tengku Zulhilmie T. Aziz)
    Mahadir Ahmed

Disclaimer

FLASHING ROOTED KERNEL

Advantages :

Disadvantages :

How To:

1. Superatoms (version 2.1 is very stable and recommended)

NOTE: Every kernel may have some other steps to follow. You can check them out in their respective threads. I'm only giving the basic and common flashing steps.

DOWNLOAD THE FULL PDF GUIDE FOR I9100G

The whole credit of this guide - even the thread - goes to XDA member creezalird. On his precious request I'm posting that link here. Please bless this real man with some Thanks Buttons :)

LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF - http://db.tt/BwlUTGIl

Root Galaxy R

Savya Swaroop
    You asked me for this... ROOTING GALAXY R...

Rooting method is same for every phone, it just depends on the custom roms compatibility

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1406880

:)
    ------------
    Thank Me If You Liked My Work
    yar mine phone infi is as following
    PDA : I9100GJPKH8
    Phone: I9100GDZKH5
    CSC: I9100GOJPKG7

suggest me a stable n compatible kernel
    Try this, the most stable and recognized kernel - superatoms http://www.mediafire.com/?ibic4cftc34a1h4

It's JPKK1

----------------------
    Click The Thanks Button below if I helped... :)
    just noticed this thread, been out of internet connection for a while. Seems many users are using G version right now.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk
    is there any way that i can install paid apps for free ?? like i did in iphone by installeous
    Ya, since your phone is rooted you can easily crack them.
    But due to XDA Forum Rules, I can't share any information regarding warez here.
    You may contact me on Facebook for more details
    Paras Lehana - http://www.facebook.com/paras.lehana

-----------------------
    Don't forget to click the Thanks Button and vote above ;)