[Android 2.1+] Node 2.3

Search This thread

suffick

Sep 20, 2012
Now with multi-touch support!

Big performance improvement!
You can now drag the android much faster without a skipping effect.

wefrf.jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Screen size: All
Android: 2.1+
Permissions: None
Price: Free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suffick.node

This started off as a bit of a physics experiment, but I found it quite fun to play with and decided to turn it in to a
live wallpaper. The pictures don't really show what it's like, it's quite hard to explain, the android acts like gel and
reforms itself after you break it with your finger. The time it takes to do this, dot size, color, background color and
android size can all be change to your liking. I encourage you to try it as words and pictures don't really explain
it well, please let me know what you think! It's not my best wallpaper, but it's certainly quite unique.

Let me know if you have a new shape suggestion. :)

Premium version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suffick.nodepremium
Currently has a few extra features, help me make it better with your suggestions. :)

Last edited:

suffick

Sep 20, 2012
If anyone tests this on a tablet, please let me know if the android needs to be bigger, thanks.

.xxx.

Oct 8, 2011
Mumbai
@suffick : first of all a big 'hahahahhahahahahah' because i just loved the idea.. i downloaded and installed the app. The only thing is that i would love to get more live wallpaper like these.
I never used live wallpaper because of battery drain but this app would really force me to use it :p

Sent from Hell!!

Last edited:
Reactions: suffick

frenzyboi

May 11, 2012
Wow not bad! :) Love the features of it.

Problem :
Lags a little
When I move my finger quickly along the Android body, it created puddle/big dots on the body rather than trails

Features :
Ability to enlarge the whole Android body

suffick

Sep 20, 2012

Problem :
Lags a little
When I move my finger quickly along the Android body, it created puddle/big dots on the body rather than trails

Features :

Yea, I may be able to improve it a little but not by much, but to be able to process that many touch points in such a short amount of time the device needs to be lightning fast. I'll see if I can improve it. Glad you like it. :)

gandhar

Jan 20, 2012
Goa
thanks man, i haven't come across any bugs as of now:good:

some suggestions:
more supported images. if you can.
option to add user photos by somehow playing with saturation and threshold perhaps(i'm not sure how exactly this may be done)

anyway nothing less than 5 stars

suffick

Sep 20, 2012
thanks man, i haven't come across any bugs as of now:good:

some suggestions:
more supported images. if you can.
option to add user photos by somehow playing with saturation and threshold perhaps(i'm not sure how exactly this may be done)

anyway nothing less than 5 stars

Thank you very much.

That's a good idea, although it may be laggy depending on the image, I'll play around with it and see.

suffick

Sep 20, 2012
v1.2
- Huge performance improvement, you should be able to drag your finger across the screen much faster without the skipping effect.
- Added the option to alter touch size (the area of effect when you touch the screen).
- Added the option to toggle random dot placement on start.
- Increased the dot size and spacing range for larger screens.

suffick

Sep 20, 2012

Problem :
Lags a little

Features :

Try it now, should have improved quite a lot, I can move my finger a lot faster on my SGS2.

suffick

Sep 20, 2012
Anyone with a tablet that tries this out, please tell me if the size settings are ok.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now with multi-touch support!

Big performance improvement!
    You can now drag the android much faster without a skipping effect.

wefrf.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg

Screen size: All
    Android: 2.1+
    Permissions: None
    Price: Free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suffick.node

This started off as a bit of a physics experiment, but I found it quite fun to play with and decided to turn it in to a
    live wallpaper. The pictures don't really show what it's like, it's quite hard to explain, the android acts like gel and
    reforms itself after you break it with your finger. The time it takes to do this, dot size, color, background color and
    android size can all be change to your liking. I encourage you to try it as words and pictures don't really explain
    it well, please let me know what you think! It's not my best wallpaper, but it's certainly quite unique.

Let me know if you have a new shape suggestion. :)

Premium version:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suffick.nodepremium
    Currently has a few extra features, help me make it better with your suggestions. :)
    Ok, thanks. I fixed a couple of things not long ago so hopefully that'll be live by then.

2.2 update is alive.. update the thread name mate.. btb.. can u make the app to clean its prevoius recidues after installation.. except data..

I mean this...

fATQC.png

Anyway haven't played with settings yet.. so no review yet

hit thanks button! If above post helps you..
    Sent from my GT-S6102

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Awesome work man.. seriously.. great implementation of all users ideas.. i want to give 10/5 in play store.. i wish there was such an option .. anyway

Found 2 issues.. not bugs..

First.. can you disable random dots placement setting if user selects time to show.. because they dont work together.. as dots never reformed for me... another is can you make brightness of text color more ..when rainbow option is chosen? It looks kinda faded out.. hard to make out if its small in size..
    Edit: brightness was low bec dot size was 1.. so ignore that..

And almost all other ideas are implemented..

I can add a suggestion though: how about horizontal or vertical layout option.. may be x and y offset thing does this.. bec i didnt play with it..

Also is it possible to have text and time together? I mean time with text or logo..?

So thanks again.. keep it up.. and make a donation version with same features.. i am sure many will love to donate u.. even though i am just a student :rolleyes:

The text font and text in dots place.. all those are awesome..

hit thanks button! If above post helps you..
    Sent from my GT-S6102
    Hi!

Thanks for this sweet LWP!
    I thing it's really good, especially because when not touched it's like a static wallpaper and not use CPU.

Regarding new shapes, skull is cool, but i'd prefer a more pirate-crossboned like skull!

It's a skull and crossbones but the crossbones are behind the skull, hard to get the detail when you're drawing in dots.
    I quite like the finished skull but I might improve it.
    #18 on top new free wallpapers!

Thank you everyone for your feedback, compliments and suggestions! And thank you @egzthunder1 for featuring Node. :)

Very happy.
    - Added Maximum smoothness mode. This may cause the touch area to trail behind your finger if your device supports multiple home screens. However, some people liked this effect (I fixed it in 1.8).

It should be the same with Maximum smoothness on now, let me know if it isn't.
    updated the new one.. 1.9 from store..

bug: its not detecting continous swipes properly.. without maximum smoothness settings..

its detecting continous swipe but a bit slowly.. even after i remove my finger it goes on swiping my last swipes.. with maximum smoothness settings..

also one more suggestion.. after update i lost my settings.. can you make it possible to keep the settings?

for ex. if i did 4 swipes: from left to right and top to bottom and vice versa.. it doesnt recognise 2nd and 4th swipes without max smoothness settings..

also with same ex in mind.. if i select max smootness.. it will do the last bottom to top swipe after i remove my finger from screen..