SC-02B Root, Latest Firmware, CWM & Compatible ROMs

Search This thread

archrae

Nov 5, 2012
I've already tested the cm10 thanks do didiy..im also from the philippines i had no problem about the sim detection..at first it has no baseband..but i swith to airplane mode then reboot to recovery flash the 3 files from didiy's instruction..if it still has no baseband then tried again..then magic..LOL..:D

PROBLEMS:

Google play cannot open. I've tried clearing data and cache but still no progress..sad for me..other browsers are okay..I also notice that CM10 dont have a default GOOGLE PLAY and TASK MANAGER, etc..can anyone give me working GOOGLE PLAY or CM10 with working GOOGLE PLAY..coz ive tried to download a google still no good..

RESERVED:

CM10.1 not yet tested but ill give it a try..

APPS:

Does anyone knows where to find good apps for are SC02B working with CM10..so excited to find more apps for are phone

MERRY CHRISTMAS this update was a very very cool gift I've received from all of you who cares for the future of our phone

KEEP IT UP GUYS!

SPECIAL THANKS:

IppaRyu thanks for starting this thread

ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL

..to all my fellow countrymen..SALAMAT

.GODBLESS keep the thread updated..thanks again and again..:D

I used the KL4 FW
Then root with CMW so that i can flash cm10
As easy as that
then follow didiy's instruction edit the build.prop then flash cm10
if no baseband then airplane mode then recovery then flash the 3 files
that's it..
if no baseband again just flash the 3 files again

Happy Flashing..Enjoy your CM10...:D

yosh!!
ill try to flash this one after downloading all thw files XD
but im on kyapat10mod kernel now..
is it safe to flash from a custom kernel?

arjiegodz

Jul 9, 2012
i think maybe it because of this.
u9emy9a2.jpg

i still not make my fone unlock even though i have a signal in gb. can any1 confirm this? :)

If my post are helpful, hit "LIKE"

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
i think maybe it because of this.
u9emy9a2.jpg

i still not make my fone unlock even though i have a signal in gb. can any1 confirm this? :)

Ill try to help you..ur a filipino ryt..Im the Thread Starter in this thread-->http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=676603&page=17

Just visit that..on the first page there is a modem there for the original firmware of our phone..but you can use that whatever fw you have ryt now if it is KL4 or LC4..whatever you like that modem is from a sc02b user to..what is good on that modem is that it is already UNLOCK/OPENLINE..that's ryt..

After flashing that..you can now flash cm10 on your sc02b..or you can also try to flash it when you're in CM10 already (i didn't test that ofc just an experimental)..

Hope that helps you guys

Just say thanks/like is enough..

arjiegodz

Jul 9, 2012
Ill try to help you..ur a filipino ryt..Im the Thread Starter in this thread-->http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=676603&page=17

Just visit that..on the first page there is a modem there for the original firmware of our phone..but you can use that whatever fw you have ryt now if it is KL4 or LC4..whatever you like that modem is from a sc02b user to..what is good on that modem is that it is already UNLOCK/OPENLINE..that's ryt..

After flashing that..you can now flash cm10 on your sc02b..or you can also try to flash it when you're in CM10 already (i didn't test that ofc just an experimental)..

Hope that helps you guys

Just say thanks/like is enough..

ive done it already. and the.baseband is gone.

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
ive done it already. and the.baseband is gone.

how did your flash it?

my nose is already bleeding here guys..ROFL

Give me your full instruction how did you flash it so that i can figure it out what is the possible problem..

coz ive got NO problem flashing any ROM//FW on my phone..is just that you must Note what did you do before you flash something that might could be the problem

I also suggest that your phone must flash to stock rom the ORIGINAL ROM...in my thread you could find it

Then do it all again from there..you might find some problem like the missing partition but for me that's not a big bug because im not from japan

Flash the original one-->do the flashing of modem if its not unlock-->then flash the KL4-->if not unlock-->flash the modem again-->then cm10..try that..

HOPE IT HELPS..bye for now..:D

arjiegodz

Jul 9, 2012
how did your flash it?

my nose is already bleeding here guys..ROFL

Give me your full instruction how did you flash it so that i can figure it out what is the possible problem..

coz ive got NO problem flashing any ROM//FW on my phone..is just that you must Note what did you do before you flash something that might could be the problem

I also suggest that your phone must flash to stock rom the ORIGINAL ROM...in my thread you could find it

Then do it all again from there..you might find some problem like the missing partition but for me that's not a big bug because im not from japan

Flash the original one-->do the flashing of modem if its not unlock-->then flash the KL4-->if not unlock-->flash the modem again-->then cm10..try that..

HOPE IT HELPS..bye for now..:D

What i did is Flash original fw using odin

it has

pit: sc02b_odin_2011112.pit
pda: CODE_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5
modem: MODEM_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5

(re-partion uncheck)

there's no signal so i flash the modem. after that, it has a signal. then i flash the kl4. after flashing the kl4 the signal is gone so i reflash the modem again.
so now it has a signal again. then i root it. then install root explorer. change the
4 SC-02B into GT-I9000 from /system
then i went to cwm then install the

cm-10.1-20121221-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip

then i try to reboot but no baseband so i flash the modem from gb using odin but still no baseband (just trying my luck) so i install the 3 files.
the

sc02bOMLC4-modem.zip
sc02b-cm10.1-1220.zip
sc02b-ril-blobs.zip

after reboot the Sim Network Unlock Pin pop up. then i went to settings to check if baseband is there. so its there.
but my problem is the Sim Network Unlock Pin. idk what i did wrong.
try to go to airplane mode then go to cwm
then try to install the 3 files then after rebooting the the Sim Network Unlock Pin pop up
so i try to put 1234 but got an error. then i try 8 "0" then said it got successfully unlock but still no signal. i remove flight mode check for carrier it has so i try to reg
and it reg. successfully but still no signal. so i went to flight mode again then reboot. after rebooting the Sim Network Unlock Pin pop up AGAIN then try 1234 got error
then 8 "0" now also got error. idk now what to do.

ps. i use a globe sim. idk what i did wrong so i went back to GB :'(
btw i always try to flash the cm10 but still no luck. i even try to use the 4 apps that can unlock but still got no luck.
:(

Dec 10, 2012
Your modem.bin must be failed to copy.

The LC4 modem.bin has to be copied on the new kernel because the original kernel in CM10.1 does not have enough space for LC4 modem.bin. The new kernel expands /radio partition for the modem,bin.

You should check that the modem.bin is copied correctly, use md5sum to check it.
And also watch radio log carefully to resolve your issue. I suppose nobody can solve your issue except you because the issue happens only on your phone.

Last edited:

archrae

Nov 5, 2012
hey sirs!!
did you find the compatible gapps for the cm10?
i wanna try to flash cm10 but the post of sir greedigood bothers me XD

did someone tried this link
what version is compatible for cm10 and 10.1 :D
just remove the spaces XD

Last edited:

arjiegodz

Jul 9, 2012
Your modem.bin must be failed to copy.

The LC4 modem.bin has to be copied on the new kernel because the original kernel in CM10.1 does not have enough space for LC4 modem.bin. The new kernel expands /radio partition for the modem,bin.

You should check that the modem.bin is copied correctly, use md5sum to check it.
And also watch radio log carefully to resolve your issue. I suppose nobody can solve your issue except you because the issue happens only on your phone.

after extracting cm10.1 then replace the modem.bin and compress it. then install it. it got aborted.

arjiegodz

Jul 9, 2012
If you took such way, you should have read updater.sh in cm10.1 archive. The modem.bin in cm10.1 is never used if there is already modem.bin in /radio partition.

Did you check the md5sum for the modem.bin?

bro idk how to do that. what i did is just replace the modem then make it zip. lol. i know its wrong. but sorry. i just dont know :(

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
Hello guys

I've already solve the Play Store Problem by installing GAPPS..

My problem now...Battery Consumption is too fast..

Also it bothers me about the Charge level of my phone..

It says on the ABOUT PHONE

Level: 98%

98% how come it is full??..@_@

I also installed the One Power Guard on my phone..they says it is a battery charge savers..so i tried it..then it goes like that..

stack at 98% whenever I charge my phone..OMG!...

Originalwhite

Mar 22, 2011
how hard?

It it really that hard to post a link where interested ppl do not have to make an account? 0.o doucxhebags....

arjiegodz

Jul 9, 2012
after lots of trial and error here is a progress or a success? :D
ubyvaha7.jpg

thanks to didhiy he help me how to solve my problem. thanks.a lot DIDHIY.
um i go back to my gb now. cuz as what i had read in the thread of nightly 4.2.1 there are some bugs and i even experience it. some said rapid batt. drain. and for.what i had experience. the bug is about calling. when i try to call a costumer service rep. i and when i press a # to choose. it didnt respond at all. i keep pressing but nothing happen. anyway thanks.to didhiy. thanks so much :p

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Hello guys

I've already solve the Play Store Problem by installing GAPPS..

My problem now...Battery Consumption is too fast..

Also it bothers me about the Charge level of my phone..

It says on the ABOUT PHONE

Level: 98%

98% how come it is full??..@_@

I also installed the One Power Guard on my phone..they says it is a battery charge savers..so i tried it..then it goes like that..

stack at 98% whenever I charge my phone..OMG!...

is there any bugs? how to install gapps? do i just need to flash it in cwm? or i need to extract it then install?

ps everyday have an update of 4.2.1
:confused:

Last edited:

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
after lots of trial and error here is a progress or a success? :D
ubyvaha7.jpg

thanks to didhiy he help me how to solve my problem. thanks.a lot DIDHIY.
um i go back to my gb now. cuz as what i had read in the thread of nightly 4.2.1 there are some bugs and i even experience it. some said rapid batt. drain. and for.what i had experience. the bug is about calling. when i try to call a costumer service rep. i and when i press a # to choose. it didnt respond at all. i keep pressing but nothing happen. anyway thanks.to didhiy. thanks so much :p

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

is there any bugs? how to install gapps? do i just need to flash it in cwm? or i need to extract it then install?

ps everyday have an update of 4.2.1
:confused:

didn't I help you?.LOL.:D

So how did you do it..your baseband is OMJJ1..so i think you successfully flash the modem i've told you?

the model is still GT-I9000..how come??

mine is SC02B..and the Baseband is SC02BOMLC4..

No problem installing gapps..just like flashing cm10..

What particular bugs does CM10.1 have?

Can we flash other ROMs other than CM10 now?

arjiegodz

Jul 9, 2012
didn't I help you?.LOL.:D

So how did you do it..your baseband is OMJJ1..so i think you successfully flash the modem i've told you?

the model is still GT-I9000..how come??

mine is SC02B..and the Baseband is SC02BOMLC4..

No problem installing gapps..just like flashing cm10..

What particular bugs does CM10.1 have?

Can we flash other ROMs other than CM10 now?

I just change the modem.bin into my modem. haha thanks to u . :D and BTW I can still change the GT-I900 into SC-02B if I wanted to. and maybe we can flash as long as we have a working modem

BTW what launcher are u using?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

greedisgood99999

Apr 13, 2012
I just change the modem.bin into my modem. haha thanks to u . :D and BTW I can still change the GT-I900 into SC-02B if I wanted to. and maybe we can flash as long as we have a working modem

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Modem.bin = Modem?.is that how you do it?.too many process..but still your phone now is good to go..comment on our page in symbianize ok..and help others who have problem regarding the baseband..coz I didnt experienced it on my phone.

How about the 4.2.1?.what bugs does it have?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:
    NEW THREAD HERE:

SC-02B][CM-10.1_PATCH]Howto install I9000 CM-10.1 ROM to GS1 NTT Japan
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094861

I will host all the files until the become irrelevant.
    @didhiy, please PM me when you get stuff sorted so I can delete everything off my Google Drive.

[Original Post]
    First of all... it took me months of searching, trial and error, stopping, restarting, and getting to a solid solution to root my phone, get the latest firmware, and also have CWM.

So credit to everyone who helped in the below threads:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23307082#post23307082
    http://galaxy.anddo.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=4505138adb8184c62f53453e901fbd5c

What you need:
    https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B_UvqlM1EJ_yeFVIN1JUQXNRZEU/edit

1. Odin 1.87
    How to use Odin: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1160580

2. Flash SC02BOMKE3
    (auto reboot, f. reset time CHECKED)
    PDA: SC02BOMKE3_Daddy.tar.md5

3. After reboot, Wipe data/factory reset, clear your cache, then reboot.

4. Download the Superuser app from Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=superuser&c=apps)

5. Run Superuser on the phone to test if rooted or not (the above kernel is already rooted, so it should work). Update the su in the options page and it should update and be ok.

6. Go to Settings/About phone/Software update/Check for update and it update the firmware without flashing the whole system so you get to keep your 2.3.x update and root. I had to update twice... first time i did manually and the second popped up after the reboot...

7. Download and extract "KL4_ext4.zip"

8. Flash "zImage.tar" with Odin 1.87 to get CWM on your phone
    PDA: zImage.tar

9. Flash "kyapaT10mod3.tar"
    PDA: kyapaT10mod3.tar

For additional modifications to the kernel... I do not know what the changes are as the source is in Japanese and I don't feel like having my wife read the kanji for me... but apply if you want.

COMPLETE

IF ALL ELSE FAILS: (missing dbdata... sim card not detected...)
    A. Flash SC02BOMJJ1
    (re-partition, auto reboot, f. reset time CHECKED)
    Pit: sc02b_odin_2011112.pit
    *PDA: SC02BOMKE3_Daddy.tar.md5
    Phone: MODEM_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5
    CSC: CODE_SC02BOMJJ1.tar.md5

* Yes i know that the firmware code it does not match... but it worked for me and I use this phone for work…

B. Wipe data/factory reset and clear your cache, then continue from step 2
    sc-02b kernel for galaxysmtd cm-10.1 nightly, build 1231
    - memory 383 MB
    - update cwm
    - row scheduler
    - gps & battery variable commits from hiikezoe
    - etc...
    gps fix:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/820341/sc02b-ril-gps-blobs.zip
    kernel:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/820341/sc02b-jb42-1231.zip

note:
    - it's not recommended to install this kernel & blobs if your gps is works fine, just use previous kernel.
    - didn't necessary to install modem when update rom or kernel
    - no way to fix battery performance as good as gb stock rom :D
    - to fix call function, edit /system/build.prop from SamsungExynos3RIL to RIL only, but this will make (at least for me) the network hard to connect.. needs a few reboot to make it works
    and last... don't expect everything will works as stock rom ;) did some search & read for your trouble then try it by yourself... maybe you'll find another fix for our problem

enjoy your holidays & happy new year to all :D
    will check this, I've successful build kyapa for stock LC04 but still can apply the modemctl to cm based kernel

To detect DOCOMO sim you need to do the following:

1) copy modem.bin in SC02BDCMLC4 to /radio/modem.bin after booting the kernel
    2) rild must be restarted
    I've modified init.aries.rc like this <https://gist.github.com/4168157>
    3) Network operators in Mobile network settings should be 'Choose automatically'
    here is another kernel for cm-10.1 (jb 4.2.1)
    just install from cwm if you already on cm-10.1 rom
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/820341/sc02b-jb42-1225.zip
    it won't fix anything, only added liveoc, voodoo color, bfq i/o scheduler & some cpu governors
    download nstools & voodoo sound control from google play to use that feature
    [PORT]cm10 stable with OMLC4 modem

This is the way I enable sc02b modem
    First, install cm-10.0.0-galaxysmtd.zip on your phone.
    Reboot to recovery, install this 3 files:
    - kernel
    - modem
    - blobs
    Reboot to system
    If the baseband still unknown, switch to airplane mode and reboot.

so do u hav cm10 that can detect sim?

yes I have :) I will write a short guide how to do that whit a necessary files attached..
    actually this only modified galaxysmtd cm10, base on HiroyukiIkezoe work. You can call it a "port" of rom.

The better way is, use HiroyukiIkezoe device and kernel tree to build the full rom from source.